Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

The key are the hardy pioneers/cultivators(agricultural civs), which need 1 pop less.You have always the option to build them and they can even enter some sort of terrain the normal ones can't (jungle and swamp); however you have to pay more shields to get them.

@ Pfeffersack

Well it seems from what you wrote I may have a few differant reasons for this problem. I am playing version 1.00. Also I am playing the extended version of the game. I will get the latest patch for Conquest and try a normal length game to see if there is any difference.

Thanks

Gogf said:
Question:

Since you need bonus food on your start in order to grow to size three to build a clan, how do the AI grow? They don't necessarily always get bonus food. What happens?

Yep, build the Hardy Clan (as mentioned above) as they only require 1 pop point but are quite a bit more expensive. My normal beginning builds are warrior, explorer, explorer, warrior then start on the hardy clan (assuming no bonus food).

Things change with Dynasticism however when regular versions require 3 pop and the hardy requires 2. I will sometimes delay getting Dynasticism by as much as 10 turns so that I can get out those last few 2 pop clans/1 pop hardy clans before the change. Plus you get extra money at the time. Don't worry about being behind in tech because of the delay, I'm always behind in tech anyway on the higher levels but you should get a huge "tech slingshot" with tons of trades in the early middle ages.

I've downloaded the mod (RAR_1.02_Full.exe) but when I click on it I get nothing. No disk activity or anything.

It just won't install. Can anyone help me out? I'm dying to play this mod.

I have Windows 98.

RaR 1.02 downloads as a zip file. Have you unzipped it?

Yeah, I'm kind of an idiot.

Apparently you have to extract it, but the fact that it shows up as an .exe file was throwing me off.

I've got it all squared away now. Great Mod.

Hey, is there a way to play RAR with the plague on?

For some reason I just really like the random inconvenience of the plague, so if there was a way to play RAR with the plague enabled that'd really make my day.

Aegis Shield said:
Hey, is there a way to play RAR with the plague on?

For some reason I just really like the random inconvenience of the plague, so if there was a way to play RAR with the plague enabled that'd really make my day.

This shouldn't be a big problem, IIRC some settings are already made.
1) Open editor
2) Open RaR 1.03 (or wait a few days, then we should have 1.04:) )
2) Open in menu scenario "scenario properties"
3) Choose the last index tab "disasters"
4) Set values for the first 4 variables (consult editor help for their effect); the last two are already preset, but maybe you want to up them.You will have to found out which values make them game fun for you; if you have played the middle age conquest and remember how pest felt there for you (to strong/to weak), you can compare what values are used there and adjust them for your personal wishes.
5) Save biq. under a new name (just in case you want to come back to the regular version)
6) Choose new biq under "civ content" if you want to play with the Black Death on...

I´m not able to find the scientific great leader in the editor (v 1.03).

Can anyone confirm it is there.

Excellent news Pfeffersack. I´m awaiting v 1.04. Thanks

The SGL has no extra entry as unit in the editor.There is only the "Great Leader" which has all the abilities of MGL and SGL; the mechanic how they work then in game is hardcoded.

I have an issue with Great Leaders. For some reason military Great leaders can either build an army or rush a wonder. Whereas the scientific Great Leaders can either give the 20 turn scientific boost or is able to rush a wonder, city improvment, or a unit construction.

Why can the scientific leader rush all three of these items, but the military leader can only rush a wonder, and where is this defined because I can not find it using the conquest editor.

Thanks for any help.

I am using RaR 1.02, and playing as the Americans. My military great leader is Lee and my scientific great leader is Einstein.

Those rules are hardcoded and not editable via editor (you can uncheck the complete rush ability, but then leaders get screwed up completly).I agree it doesn't make much sense; IIRC, MGL were able to rush units/improvemnts in earlier versions, it was removed (maybe for balance reasons - since you can get them easier and in greater numbers).
However, it is no special RaR thing, but a general CivIII(Conquests) issue.

Thank you. It is a shame that you can not distinguish in the editor which one you want to have access to. When I select the greater leader unit as one of the starting units, (just as a test) only the military great leaders show up. Thanks again for the response.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any trick to get a 'real' leader on the map (MGL or SGL).
The problem is that SGLs are not accessable with the editor at all, and MGLs are defined as 'battle-spawned unit'. While you seem to be able to place a MGL on the map, it in fact is only a unit that looks like a MGL, but *does not* have the MGL ability (form Armies + rush structures).
That mock leader can only rush wonders...
You can preplace an Army without problems.

It is a pretty sad bug IMHO, for scenario makers. If you really want an immediate MGL, the best chance would be to give the Palace the Heroic Epic ability, and start with sevreal Elite Blitz units and a stack of 1HP AI 0.1.0 units next to your start :crazyeye:.

Note the Napoleonic Europe Conquest was designed before the Conquest editor was altered, so it may indeed by possible to start a map with the PtW editor and a 'Leader' (which should be transformed into an MGL in C3C), an finish it with the C3C editor.
I never tested it, though; and I never heard about some ever tried it.

I had a missing file error when I tried to build heavy frigates, but it complained that the Ship of the Line ini was missing, when I'd already built several ships of the line.

I'm using Civ III Gold edition, so I'm pretty sure I have the PTW extra graphics.

Its not big deal though, Heavy Frigates aren't really that much better than Ships of the Line.

Top Bottom