• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

BEAT!! said:
I manually changes folder names (M26_pershing ---> M26 Pershing etc).
And looks like it works now..

::edit

cannot found t-34 game will now exit :sad:
Mod looks great, atleast when it works..

::edit
I cant find t-34 folder. There is no such folder on ptw or conquest folders..

If you just have Civ Complete (means you never bought PTW extra), then you are missing the WW2 extras.You can download them on the civ3 homepage.

Pfeffersack said:
If you just have Civ Complete (means you never bought PTW extra), then you are missing the WW2 extras.You can download them on the civ3 homepage.
Yeah, i have bought Civ3 and Civ3 conquest only.
I cant find anything about downloadin ww2 extras from civ3.com... I also checket atari.com and firaxis.com...

I have the Civ III Complete edition. Am I correct in assuming all I need to do is snag RAR and the PTW extras with this particular copy of the game?

@Isak

Is there a chance that we can see a new (and probably final) patch for RAR in the near future?

I really love Civ3-RAR, it is like a new game in itself. Civ4 is better than Civ3, but Civ3-RAR is by far the best of all :king: !!

It would be great to see that incredible peace of work that you and others have done completed!

Can someone help me?

I've been playing this mod for about 2 months and, from time to time, the game exits because it doesn't find an animation or a .wav file. I've followed the trace of the file and I copied another similar file then renamed it so the game wouldn't crash. But now, there is a file that I don't know where to put.

The file is
Art/Units/HeavyGalleass/.../Galleon/GalleonFidget.wav

I've downloaded the patch in the first post of the thread already. If you send me a solution, please keep in mind that I have no experience in modding.

Thanks in advance

Rick9299 said:
Can someone help me?

I've been playing this mod for about 2 months and, from time to time, the game exits because it doesn't find an animation or a .wav file. I've followed the trace of the file and I copied another similar file then renamed it so the game wouldn't crash. But now, there is a file that I don't know where to put.

The file is
Art/Units/HeavyGalleass/.../Galleon/GalleonFidget.wav

I've downloaded the patch in the first post of the thread already. If you send me a solution, please keep in mind that I have no experience in modding.

Thanks in advance

The Heavy Galleass is a RaR unit, its files are in "(your path)\Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios\RAR\Art\Units\HeavyGalleass".
It uses the sounds of the Galleon, that is a standard Civilization unit.

So GalleonFidget.wav should be in "(your path)\Civilization III\Art\units\Galleon".

how come this is for C3C but none of the civs have C3C traits?

Thanks a lot Pink. I'm not home right now but I'll try it as soon as I get back home and when my wife gives me permission:whipped:

I have a question. I am in the industrial age now and I my work force is composed of Labourer type workers. My query is why do the workers still take so long to build stuff. I thought they were supposed to work faster and faster as they progress from worker-peasant-labourer-engineer. When I build railroads it still takes ages to build, 24 turns on a base tile. Is this a mistake or is this how it is how it was meant to be implemented, because if it is, the civilipoedia entry on wokers is very confusing. :)

Underdawg said:
I have a question. I am in the industrial age now and I my work force is composed of Labourer type workers. My query is why do the workers still take so long to build stuff. I thought they were supposed to work faster and faster as they progress from worker-peasant-labourer-engineer. When I build railroads it still takes ages to build, 24 turns on a base tile. Is this a mistake or is this how it is how it was meant to be implemented, because if it is, the civilipoedia entry on wokers is very confusing. :)

Underdawg: The basic question is are these labourers one that you built or captured and then upgraded. If they were captured, it's really better to add them to a city and then build new labourers. If they were originally constructed by you, you might try ganging them together. You know, cancel their orders, group them together and order them to construct (i.e. build rail road from city "A" to city "B". Of course I cheat and use POWERBAR to give the workers unlimited movement. I know I'll burn in CIV hell for that. ;) Hope this helped out.

Underdawg said:

Which version do you play? 1.02 has a bug in it which makes workers terribly slow; it was fixed in 1.03.

Ok I have another query which is basivall the same query as before :) . I have not played to the Modern Age yet because I just have not. I usually play large maps which take 10-20+ hours to finish. Ok.... the change to 1.03 did nothing because the stats were the same for workers (I checked in the editor). I'm not sure how worker strength works. As I see it now, the worker strengths are still 0, 0, 0 and zero for all the worker types (worker-peasant-labourer-engineer). In my last game (the one with Mali), I get to the age of railroads then kind of stop because the railroads take 24 turns to build on a base tile (and with Labourers! who are supposed to work 50% faster than the base worker)!!!!! So my real question is this. Are the worker types supposed to have any effect at all other than additional movement points? Because they do their tasks at all the same rate no matter what "level" they are. If it is well thats how it was intended to be and I'll probably keep it that way.

I tried tinkering with the worker strengths by putting them at the default 100 each and 125 for 25% faster (For Peasants) and 150 (For Labourers & Engineers). But I think I may have screwed it up because I feel they work too fast now or maybe not. So if anyone can tell me how many turns does building railroads on a base tile such as grassland take that would be wonderful.

EDIT: P.S. Oh yeah, GREAT Mod Y'all Got Here!

Phew. Long post, I should get +3 posts to my count :D

Hmm, 1.03 should fix the problem, really strange that it doesn't work for you.
The wokers are definetly meant to have different speed.Here are the percentages, if you want to add them yourself:

Hardy (Asian) Clan: 25
(Hardy) Cultivator: 100
Hardy (Asian) Pioneer: 50
Worker, Serf (and their flavors): 100
Peasant: 125
Laborer: 150
Engineer: 175
Legionary: 50
War Elephant: 100
Slave: 50

Top Bottom