Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

Alerts don't work in RoM 2.92 - its a known bug in the RevDCM dll included as part of RoM.

sorry, but my english is very scolastic
what do you mean with "alerts"?
My case is included, that's to say when I discover a goodie hut don't appears nothing on the top of the screen (what I have discover, for example) or even the hut is "empty", that's to say I don't receive nothing (in 4 huts discovered, 2 was empty)?

Sorry again and thanks

sorry, but my english is very scolastic
what do you mean with "alerts"?
My case is included, that's to say when I discover a goodie hut don't appears nothing on the top of the screen (what I have discover, for example) or even the hut is "empty", that's to say I don't receive nothing (in 4 huts discovered, 2 was empty)?

Sorry again and thanks

I belive a bit of the code was commented out when RevDCM was being tested and not uncommented before release. That bit of code put the message at the top of the screen when you get a goodie hut. Thus no alerts for goodie huts even though you always get something.

(...)
Finally, I think that the 'captains' aren't an improvement to the game. They pick off units which are passing through territory, they steal workers if they can, and if I capture one in a neighbour's territory the same turn the neighbour captures it right back. And I think they're way overpowered, since I was facing 15-strength captains with axemen and I'm not sure how balanced that is. I would be inclined to get rid of them, with all the units available in the game they seem unnecessary.(...)

I completely agree. These (new) warlord chiefs/captains are nothing more than a real pain in the ass. Before you have researched smithing or civil service it is almost impossible to get rid of an enemy warlord chief (strength 10) because it takes too many axemen/ light swordsmen to defeat him, especially because he is mostly moving in forest hills.

Hello guys!

my problem is the next:first i use a dell laptop with windows 7,rom and a new dawn.
at a certain turn of playing and hitting the end turn button,it justs shows the "waiting for other civilizations" forever.Can i do something?and i have another problem,but its minor,when I enter the industrial era,i still have renaissance type of building look.

thanks in advance

Hi i have a really big problem, while i'm playing the event handler is keeping the whole time poping up messages of some kind of error is a pain in the ass really, because those messages are covering the half of the screen all the freaking time. Sorry about my english. I'll appreciate some solution. Txs.

Hi i have a really big problem, while i'm playing the event handler is keeping the whole time poping up messages of some kind of error is a pain in the ass really, because those messages are covering the half of the screen all the freaking time. Sorry about my english. I'll appreciate some solution. Txs.

A screen shot would help us see what the problem is. Unless you have turned on the BUG debug messages to screen Ctrl-Alt-O system tab (off the left end of the tabs you can see). There are two debug options the screen one is normally set to ERROR.

The problem is that when I make a screenshot, only shows the game and NOT the interface (with the all errors at the top, just down the great person bar). So that is useless. And the option of error that u'r talking about its turned on, but there's not autolog file... It's generated in real time or when i left the game?

The problem is that when I make a screenshot, only shows the game and NOT the interface (with the all errors at the top, just down the great person bar). So that is useless. And the option of error that u'r talking about its turned on, but there's not autolog file... It's generated in real time or when i left the game?

The PrtScr in Windows lets you just paste your screen capture into MS Paint or something... That would show the interface well enough, methinks.

My UAC is turned off since I installed my OS xD (Win 7 32bits), i'd tried the administrator thing and doesn't worked, the same errors text keeping poping up.

I'll tell my other problem too. When i load the mod, at the stage that the game its opening the "XML Init" the next dialog appears 4 times, titulated "XML Error":

"Tag: BUILDING_MECH_ASSAMBY_PLANT in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: xml\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml"

One last thing, ¿how can i execute the game with the mod loaded directly?, i know that there's a way.

Here is my saved game, if you click end turn, the game will always waiting for other civilizations... And I have changed the GlobalDefines.xml under Assert/XML, here are the changed options:
<Define>
<DefineName>MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>-1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>MAX_TEAM_WONDERS_PER_CITY</DefineName>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>MAX_NATIONAL_WONDERS_PER_CITY</DefineName>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>MAX_NATIONAL_WONDERS_PER_CITY_FOR_OCC</DefineName>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>MAX_TRADE_ROUTES</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>36</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

There is no other changes. And the language is English, ROM version is 3.92.

Attachments

• Coder AD-1704.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • GlobalDefines.txt
    48.5 KB · Views: 176
Hi Guy's and girls,

Im having real trouble with the RoM Perfect world 2 map script, the game gets to the loading screen of the game (creating a new game) and freezes on 'initialising' music still plays but it goes no further, ive waited a good 15 min and no progress at all, I have to enter task manager (where it shows it as not responding) and close the program...works fine for other map scripts.

Ive got a fresh install of Civ 4 BtS patched up to 3.19 and am using ROM 2.92, ive tried redownloading ROM and I still have the same trouble.

Hi,
We downloaded the zip, unzipped it into Mods -folder and started Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Beoynd the Sword expansion pack.
It strted normally and Rise of mankind was available in the list. After choosing it and pressing ok it took a long time and an error came. It is referring to:

AppName: civ4beyondsword.exe
AppVer: 3.0.0.93
ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 00070990

We need help! Instructions or new dll version or something. Please HELP!
My email is Miikalp3@gmail.com, if needed.

Yours,

Miika

Hi Guy's and girls,

Im having real trouble with the RoM Perfect world 2 map script, the game gets to the loading screen of the game (creating a new game) and freezes on 'initialising' music still plays but it goes no further, ive waited a good 15 min and no progress at all, I have to enter task manager (where it shows it as not responding) and close the program...works fine for other map scripts.

Ive got a fresh install of Civ 4 BtS patched up to 3.19 and am using ROM 2.92, ive tried redownloading ROM and I still have the same trouble.
Try waiting a little longer, Perfect World 2 takes a long time to load.

Try waiting a little longer, Perfect World 2 takes a long time to load.

No kidding, I loaded A Giant PW2 map for testing yesterday and it took around five minutes to load. Not a big deal since Rise of Mankind takes a while to load itself, and I am accustomed to long load times, it is just that the loading bar is static.

Either way the solution is to find something good on TV (An impossible task, I know), and wait it out.

am playing RoM 2.29 AND 1.74. Runs fine, just takes 5 minutes to load the mod for some strange reason, even though it runs fine once it loads up.

Top Bottom