Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

I conquered Kyoto and destroyed the Japanese civilization fairly early in the game. Ever since then I've been dealing with rebels in Kyoto, even after building a monument and at least one other culture-building edifice. Will these guys ever be happy and stop rebelling?

My main question though has to do with a bug I found. At one point I selected "Accept and take control of new civ". There were four options on the pop up window, including Reject Terms, Recognize Independence and Defect and lead rebel armies.

However, when I tried to do that, it acted as though I had selected Defect and lead rebel armies. It also threw some error codes up on the screen, though they did not get written to the log you can bring up via Ctrl+Tab. I've attached a screen shot of the pop up window and the resulting errors.

Attachments

• civ ROM error wholtorff.jpg
    civ ROM error wholtorff.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 137
Hi,

I have some troubles with RoM saves.
Most of my successful games often has same final: game crush

Some times ago I had crush in nice game each 1-3 turns. It was late medieval, and I spend lots of hours to rich it playing Marathon on Gigantic map...

I forgot this game and begun new one.
---

Now I'm in early medieval age, and I have next trouble: all saves after ~1100 AD crushes during loading. Can anybody tell me, what is wrong, and can I heal this save, or at least protect myself from this bug? It's so pity, to build your dream civilization for a long time and have such disappointment in the most interesting moment.

Note about crush is from Windows, not from Civ. Something like "error, application will be cloased, we are very sorry".

Game:
BtS 3.19, RoM 2.92

System:
WinXP SP3, Centrino Duo T5600, 2Gb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400.

If needed, save in attach (in zip because of >2.3 Mb size...)

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Nikolay AD-1320.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Apologies if this has already been posted. Encountered a missing city name with the marble statue event. The city name doesn't have any special characters. Civ4:BtS 3.19 RoM: 2.92 under Wine on Ubuntu 10.10. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot-Civ IV: Beyond The Sword.jpg
    Screenshot-Civ IV: Beyond The Sword.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 165
Is this mod all but dead now because of Civ 5? If so, I find that quite disappointing considering that I remember talk of getting more bugs and balancing worked out into a final v3.0

Can anyone confirm that this mod has stopped or is continuing? Honestly I haven't even looked at Civ 5 and was planning on playing the final version of this mod for Civ 4 until all expansion packs for Civ 5 were released.

All the best

Hi,

I have some troubles with RoM saves.
Most of my successful games often has same final: game crush

Some times ago I had crush in nice game each 1-3 turns. It was late medieval, and I spend lots of hours to rich it playing Marathon on Gigantic map...

I forgot this game and begun new one.
---

Now I'm in early medieval age, and I have next trouble: all saves after ~1100 AD crushes during loading. Can anybody tell me, what is wrong, and can I heal this save, or at least protect myself from this bug? It's so pity, to build your dream civilization for a long time and have such disappointment in the most interesting moment.

Note about crush is from Windows, not from Civ. Something like "error, application will be cloased, we are very sorry".

Game:
BtS 3.19, RoM 2.92

System:
WinXP SP3, Centrino Duo T5600, 2Gb RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400.

If needed, save in attach (in zip because of >2.3 Mb size...)

Thanks for any help!

If you have allowed more than 12 AI (either thru set up or by allowing BarbCiv) or have used a Huge map, with your computer specs you may be experiencing these type crashes ( usually occur because you have ran out of Ram).

RoM2.92 is a Ram hog. Both system ram and video ram. You might also want to turn Graphics down to Low.

JosEPh :)

Is this mod all but dead now because of Civ 5? If so, I find that quite disappointing considering that I remember talk of getting more bugs and balancing worked out into a final v3.0

Can anyone confirm that this mod has stopped or is continuing? Honestly I haven't even looked at Civ 5 and was planning on playing the final version of this mod for Civ 4 until all expansion packs for Civ 5 were released.

All the best

It's been almost a month since Zappara last visited this forum.

2 months ago he posted that while he is working on the final 3.0 version it would take longer than anticipated because of real life changes (new job, etc.)

So most of us that have been RoM followers for years check in every once in a while to see if any thing new has been posted. Unfortunately nothing has.

JosEPh (a RoM follower who will Not play Civ V) :)

I have had a look at what is involved in upgrading RoM 2.92 to use the RevDCM 2.83 base. This should fix all the RoM bugs caused in the SDK or python. However, I am about to head west for Christmas and wont be back until about the New Year and RevDCM 2.9 is due soonish maybe and the merge will need to be done again.

There are 12 python files that need merging some are simple but others are very complex. The rest are either "later" in RoM or RevDCM. The same sort of thing goes for the XML files but I suspect that the RoM ones can be used unchanged since there are no schema changes in this release. I have already done the simplest.

Good to see that you have taken up the Torch DH! :D

JosEPh :)

I am getting this error trying to unzip to my mods folder. Any help would be awesome.

Extracting file: C:\Users\Ricky\Downloads\RiseOfMankind2.92.rar
Extracting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Error: unable to create output file "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Docs\combined mods\README.doc"

I won a game on Warlord level today by completely destroying every other civ. However, it never told me I won. The game just kept going with me as the only civ left. This was on a large world, 8 civs destroyed.

I am getting this error trying to unzip to my mods folder. Any help would be awesome.

Extracting file: C:\Users\Ricky\Downloads\RiseOfMankind2.92.rar
Extracting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Error: unable to create output file "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Docs\combined mods\README.doc"

Did you already have a "Rise of Mankind" folder in the mods folder? If so then that is the problem, you can't just over write an old version it tends to break it. If not then maybe it was a bad download?

I won a game on Warlord level today by completely destroying every other civ. However, it never told me I won. The game just kept going with me as the only civ left. This was on a large world, 8 civs destroyed.

The default for RoM is Mastery Victory which means you can win in many ways and the game will continue until the last turn.

hi guyz, just out of curiosity: still no acceptable solution(-s) for that "waiting for other civilizations" bug resolving, huh??

hi guyz, just out of curiosity: still no acceptable solution(-s) for that "waiting for other civilizations" bug resolving, huh??

The solution is to move to AND or wait for somebody (me?) to upgrade RoM to the latest RevDCM. I have looked at the latest just before Christmas and figured out where the differences were but they are talking about a new release real soon now. So I am playing a game (of Prehistoric) and waiting for the release before attempting the upgrade.

thanxx Dancing Hoskuld for tips and kinda heads up! but I'm still wondering - is there any probability that I'll be able to continue my game, I mean: will my savegame(-s) from RoM 2.92 be compatible with that new release or an "upgarded"/"patched" one??

thanxx Dancing Hoskuld for tips and kinda heads up! but I'm still wondering - is there any probability that I'll be able to continue my game, I mean: will my savegame(-s) from RoM 2.92 be compatible with that new release or an "upgarded"/"patched" one??
It probably won't be save compatible.

I don't know yet - as far as I can see there are no XML schema changes which means that I may not need to change any of the XML because the differences are those in differences that make RoM RoM. This means that there may be a remote possibility that it may be possible to load a save game but there would likely be strangeness. I would not count on it.

I don't know yet - as far as I can see there are no XML schema changes which means that I may not need to change any of the XML because the differences are those in differences that make RoM RoM. This means that there may be a remote possibility that it may be possible to load a save game but there would likely be strangeness. I would not count on it.

aha, gotcha. and thanks of course.

I need some help with RoM 2.71, since the newest one won't work for me. I've had to reinstall my operating system so I lost what ever I did to make RoM work before. It just keeps crashing and I don't know why, I have the newest patch for BtS. Any advice/help?

I need some help with RoM 2.71, since the newest one won't work for me. I've had to reinstall my operating system so I lost what ever I did to make RoM work before. It just keeps crashing and I don't know why, I have the newest patch for BtS. Any advice/help?

could you specify how exactly the mod's crashing? I mean from all you said one can only guess wether or not it's graphics promblem or compatibility one or...you see? I'm already guessing ;))
nah, really - try to post some sort of screens or messages' text for certainty (or at least for more certainty :)

btw: I'm still tryin' to win a scenario of RoM 2.92 (28 civs, Huge map, Emperor) with RDcM and dat crap which one may call a "waiting for other civ's" bug keeps on "buggin'" me (sorry for tautology), but seriously I've managed to "avoid" that bug's issue twice: 1st (240 AD) - replay from bunch o'moves behind; 2 (about midages) - by changing civics -- and these are my guesses or observations if u will - I mean that those changes solved the problem(or as it appeared later just have postponed that); but now it's 1904 AD (no wars ongoing, couple of vassals, best civics for stability), 20 turns to cultural victory and I'm stuck...third time is a charm...even for a bug (I've tried to change civics and replay ...but urgh ...) and now I don understand - what's the reason, cuz I thought it was sort of rebelliousness, not that sure anymore...

Top Bottom