Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

I can't build inquisitors??

I have intolerance civic enabled.

I don't have Religious freedoms, what ever that civic is?? I can't see it.

I have INQUISITIONS ENABLED

Spoiler :

So what civic do I need to enable to build Inquisitors???

Spoiler :

I've looked at the Globaldefines.xml file and found this

Spoiler :

As I read it, I need both, zero Religious dominance, for a small empire. Or 67% for a large empire, I'm a huge Empire, it tells me so in my revolutions problems. I have 100% religious dominance in my empire, but only 25% on the map.

So either I need 67% world wide, which is ridiculous precept, as I'm playing continents, or I need both > 67%, and < 0%??? WTF...

I'm at a loss, explain it to me please.

More on this, I started a new game, went into world builder, Gave all the TECH's to me. Upped the city pop to 17, world built in 5 Inquisitors, 3 religions, adopted one as my own, changed civics, still can't purge religions.

Version is 2.92, I make the assertions that is been DISABLED somehow. I made sure inquisitions were enabled etc.

Apologies if I'm double posting a bug previously reported.

RoM 2.92 Bugs:

Inquisitions have been disabled, and won't re-enable even when you select them at start up under custom game.!!!! Arrggghhh,

No holy city re-spawn option in bug options, for RoM Options, Select religion, inquisitions, etc.

Swap the Warlord Corporal and Captain, in time line, Captain outranks a Corporal and Chief.

Experience of Units is partly obscured, when they reach 100 experience, only get 104/1... as notification.

Promotions of Said Units, will be partly obscured by the Sliders at the top, such as science, culture and spies. Makes it impossible to read top lines.

Still build old buildings, when upgraded version is available.

Still build buildings when Prerequisite building has been obsoleted, I.E. Guilds hall, when forge is no longer available.

Loyalty won't suppress revolts in cities, as its supposed to do.

Pre chopping by 2 or more groups of workers, of any number, i.e., group of 3 and single worker or 2 groups of 3 workers, won't pause chop, they'll just chop it, remove, improve etc.

Bug 4.3 unit naming is bugged, please update to 4.4 or latest version.

No notice of the result of popping huts with Warrior or Scouting units. Assume carries forward for all unit types.

No health from Lead WITH a Hospital, Obsidian YES, lead no.

No 3rd health from Corn, Rice, Wheat and Potatoes with a MODERN GRANARY.
I think its all showing up in health totals i.e. 25 from building, but not showing next to individual resources or Building in full for count.

Great Profits, will display holy buildings to be built, even when they have been built or the Holy city has been destroyed.

Warlord Colonel didn't have Hidden nationality, I was attacked and notified by an Mayan Warlord Colonel.

Warlord Colonel, Loses experience down to level 25 Pts upon upgrading to a Warlord Commander, Feature or bug??

U.N. Mission has wrong Icon, Uses Cereal Mills plant.

Human Genome project has wrong icon, uses a Christian Church.

Malacan pirates event, NO ONE had Guided weapons, I'd bypassed by that tech.

Fusion transport doesn't display load capacity, only distance or legs, strength, not caring capacity.

Able to get ADVANCE SHIELDING in newly captured cities, without shielding 1, built, when you have built the national wonder for Advanced shielding for all cities.

Baby boom event happens when your troops have NEVER BEEN at war for oh 2K Years, not when peace has been declared, or close to that time line.

Peaks become forested with the Eden Project, come on, foresting an unusable tile??...

Still displays Ascension gate, as a build, when scientific victory is disabled.

Hover Buttons missing:

Building Actual effects, the hover button is incorrectly linked, in Bug screen.

Hover for Skyroads not enabled in Tech Tree.

Hover for Electronics not enabled in splash screen for Rails.

Hover for Mag Levitation not enabled in splash screen for Tech enabling.

Hover text for Jeep unit doesn't work, in city, didn't check outside, assume same.

Jump plane hover text not enabled in tech splash screen.

Features to employ:

Alphabetical listing of Buildings.

Option to, or hide obsoleted buildings and worker actions.

as per A New Dawn Mod

Changes of Government civics or adoption of to read "X has proclaimed themselves to be Y of the Z Civilization"

Requires action button twice:

1.Cease Bothering me Button, in Diplomacy options, :thanx: needs to be hit twice, and won't retain effect once game is reloaded.

2.Resume talks button can be hit twice as well

3. Stop slave revolt, needs to be 2 pop whipped twice to remove slave revolt. If not done, will revolt in perpetuity.

Able to Resume diplomacy talks, even after you've dismissed them diplomatically, but still retain dismissal. No attitude penalty, no request to resume diplomacy required.

Interception 5% doesn't stack for SAM's. Stays at maximum 75%, even though promotion in enabled.

Era Notification obscures gold generated, removed Via bug options, but should be placed below gold even so.

Civics Screen, window at top, for Various civic selections in snap shot, should have enough room by default to display all civics, and not have a slider to move up and down just so Slightly. Maybe due to Screen size, tested on 22" screen.

Cure for cancer free Hospitals in every city comes Too late to be of use, move to Similar time line.

Civopedia errors/Omissions:

Civics or RoM concept page in Civopedia, Tribal doesn't revert its colour, needs a / (backslash) missing. Petty I know...

No Details on Great Leader Generation. Can only do it by Capturing a Warlord leader, with a NON Warlord unit (Great General), Or, they are Born like Great Generals at Random?? (happened once for me). Birthing is not related to current tech level, as chiefs seem to be born constantly, and not Colonel's as the civ's are deploying.

Hover text and links for Fallout and Fast fallout removal not enabled. Civopedia links are not working for the Icon's on the tech splash screen.

conglomerates TXT_KEY_KEY_CONGLOMERATES_PEDIA link not working or incorrect, in Civopedia.

Lose 2 hammers with Mag Lev on Mine & Quarry,
Gain 1 food, 1 hammer, with Marsh,
Grassland no change,
All gain 1 Commerce,
ALL not documented.

Mercenary doesn't say that unit has Hidden nationality, only that it can declare without declaring war. By inference same thing, but is it really a hidden nationality unit, or a rouge unit from Civilization.????

Civilization Naming adjectives/nouns etc incorrect with correction:

Maya requires Mayan.
Haiti correction is Hittite. Completely wrong Civilization referred to here.
Rome should be Roman??

Probably others just haven't seen or noted as yet.

These I'm not sure on.

2 movement Great Generals, moral promoted specifically, can attack twice into their respective 2 movement terrain. I.E. Plains, Grassland, If Guerrilla, hills, woodsman trees, etc, WITHOUT blitz. Must attack sequentially, ie all must attack once, then all may attack 2nd time, with remaining movement point. BTS fault?? error??

Morale doesn't work with Woodsman II, Assume same for Guerrilla II. Possible exploit not allowed. 4 movement unit seems overpowered.

Certain Wonders are only build-able for certain religions, feature?? No documentation.

Malacan Torpedo boats aren't documented, Event, seems so as a modern piracy event.

Piracy frigattes, who come in Stealth destroyers, when tech no enabled by ANY PLAYER/Civilization.

Please note, previously posted errors:

On improvements making us unhappy was an error, lead mine I think, or quirk from moving Palace.

CivAltRoot.py has been fixed, I've made various postings on this correction method, and updated my correction to Fully functional correction.:blush:

PLE in Bug has some problems, fix is to use BUG method for drawing icons, can't automate. This has been previously noted by the BUG team, and possibly updated in later release.

Sound file problem, "Couldn't read file, sounds/unit/Destroyer run loop" is a fault with BTS, NOT mod. (but I added for annoyances sake)

Problem: I just captured Istanbul from the Ottomans with my Spanish civilization but now the game doesn't allow me to build a Citadel, only a Castle in stead. Other cities are able to build citadels, only Istanbul isn't??

Attachments

• castle_esp.jpg
    castle_esp.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 228
Problem: I just captured Istanbul from the Ottomans with my Spanish civilization but now the game doesn't allow me to build a Citadel, only a Castle in stead. Other cities are able to build citadels, only Istanbul isn't??

Not a bug, you are playing with assimilations. You can only build UU units/buildings from the Ottomans in ottoman cities. ;)

Hello. :)
Can somebody help me?

Every time I start for the "Divine Cult" method and I pass the first turn of anarchy, the game crashes.
I tried to reinstall the whole game, but nothing happens.

I've got the last RoM and the last BtS. Why is this happening? And is there a way to fix it?
It's not a random crash, it happens every time I do that. If I don't go for "Divine Cult", the game goes well.

I am an experienced computer user, but not to the level of professional programmer. I can check xmls and ini for options, and fing the chain mostly. However, I have been stumped. from what I read from the forums, there should be a menu that comes up when range bombarding. However, when I press the range bombard button, the selction square thing appears, turns green over a vaild target, but if I click, nothing happens. The game lags for have a moment, as if loading something, and the unit has done nothing. I have ROM 2.92, with an installation of BTS 3.19, with Warlords installed. I have not activated any modpacks. I have encountered this problem, and then tried to modify xmls, and the xmls affect the other options I have come by without problem like the influence war modifier and stuff. Archer bombard works perfectly fine, I can bombard, the ai can bombard, the animations are fine, the effects are fine. With the range bombard however, the AI can use it, but I can't. When I use fire support, the bombard system works, it tells me it has range bombarded, and I can see the effects of the collateral damage over the healths of the enemy units. Please help. This mod has not been updated in a while, and I hope that it will be. I have and like Civ V a lot, but I think that it has been too dumbed down, and takes up too much graphics processing power for its level of detail. If possible, please continue modding Civilization IV and Civilization V can wait for now, until an expansion brings back the wonderful features of religion, corporation, espionage, no-steam, and obsoletion.

Up to now, Rise of Mankind has proven to me to be the :king: of the general modding community. :goodjob:

PS. I have left the savegame if it is of any use. A bit of advice, it is 2.7 mb and I have only begun industrial era. Also, this was mostly a test run of ROM, so some things are a bit cheaty.

Attachments

• SaveGame1.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
Yes there is a known problem with ranged bombardment RoM 2.92. Unfortunately this mod is not being supported at the moment. I think the problem has been fixed in "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" which is an extension of RoM. It's "final" update is expected at the end of May. Then there is "Caveman 2 Cosmos" which is under development and is RoM with everything.

Hi!

After a log time I'm back to RoM - AND. :)

In latest RoM + AND, I cannot train Entertainer unit. (Even the Civilopedia does not contains it')

I was playing Huyana and switched to Caste. Crashed as soon as I ended the turn. Tried some experimentation and determined I could manually cause the crash even before ending the turn by trying to apply a citizen to a normal grass tile (note the combination of farm, pyramids/irrigation canal, caste, and huyana bonuses).

Long time casual player coming back to civ now and then I had to install and play the latest version of ROM on my new comp that has awesome ram and windows 7 64. However as I play some errors occur. And ultimately windows tell me the game has stopped working and gives me some numbers.

This is not the MAF or whats it called that I remember and shouldnt be either as my comp has win 64 and the ram to support such a game. I never even reach the medival era before crashing...

Heres some two pics showing some of the errors. Should be noted that even though I have built two wonders and have a priest the great person ticker is showing zero and the national wonder gives millions of great person points. The other screenshot shows the error text I get (very similar pops up now and then).

@Findus

ROM 2.9 has several CTD issues, and the mod is dead. I urge you to try C2C or AND, as they are mods based on ROM, but without any of the bugs. AND keeps closer to the ROM spirit, but adds more gameplay features, while C2C works on adding as much historically driven content as possible.

@Findus

ROM 2.9 has several CTD issues, and the mod is dead. I urge you to try C2C or AND, as they are mods based on ROM, but without any of the bugs. AND keeps closer to the ROM spirit, but adds more gameplay features, while C2C works on adding as much historically driven content as possible.

Links to both?

And... recommendations?

Links to both?

And... recommendations?

They are both right here in the RoM Mod Mod subforum at the top of the page.

Both have merits. And both are playable. Just don't have Both of them in your BtS/Mods folder at the same time though. Issues Will appear if you do.

JosEPh

Top Bottom