1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of Mankind 3.0 (final version) design discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Mar 27, 2010.

1. tibi

tibi Chieftain

Hi Zappara! I just wanted to ask you if you think the bug I discussed with Afforess can be fixed in 2.95 or in 3.0 version. Here is the link of the thread
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=371638
    I have asked this question before, but you didn't replay.
    Thank you for this mod!!

2. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton Awake

I encountered a strange bug. When I tried to activate the module "NoBuildingGraphics", loading my savegame the game just would close without any error message showing up.

However, I am no sure if the "NoBuildingGraphics" folder was inside "CustomBuildings" folder or not (both being in the Unloaded Modules folder). Could somebody check on that please (takes about 5sec)?

I put the former folder inside the latter folder and the former into the loaded modules folder which caused the bug to happen. So maybe I simply messed the folders up, which would still result in a strangely strong result (though only copying the "NoBuildingGraphicsFolder" into the Loaded Modules folder had no effect).

edit Argh, that was supposed to go into the bug folder dame it.

Anyway, I got also a design suggestion:

I don't know what was the reason to grant Warlord Chiefs hidden nationality, but its only result seems to me annoying random side effects making this new feature not worth its possible uses.
    Examples: Missionaries are randomly intercepted. Vassaled civs send their Chiefs to hunt the master's workers -.-.
    But to actually really use those Chiefs the AI does not it. Only in insignificant but annoying ways.

So IMO this feature is a fail.

3. tibi

tibi Chieftain

Totally agree on WARLORD CHIEFS

4. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton Awake

Yea while further playing, the whole concept of hidden nationality chiefs got sillier and sillier.
    - If you get a great general, the type which can join a unit, the AI will take them out, after that you can taken them out again, then the AI takes him out again and so on.. So as soon as a friendly AI is near by I have no choice but let them kill themselves.
    - You can use your chiefs to actually kill huge stacks of AI units in peace time without even moving in their territory. Because the AI is so eager to kill them, you can fortify them in a fort in a forest (+ 100% def bonus, if the fort upgrades even more) and just wait for the AI to send a massive stack which will suffer heavy losses. And you can do so again and again and again.

I don't mean to be a :):):):):) (edit: seriously?! auto censor?... Jesus Christ [at least that is not autocensored yet]) - I love this mod and am grateful for all the great work done to make it possible - but this concept just has to get reversed.

5. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

You can easely remove the warlords from the game. Just delete the Warlord folder in Rise of Mankind\Modules\Custom units ;)
    But you might also check my sig for an update that fixed the attachable warlord and other stuff.

I'll ask zappara to remove my mods from RoM, and Afforess to remove them from A New Dawn.
    If people want them they can download them. If not, they don't have to ;)

6. Terxpahseyton

Terxpahseyton Awake

Thx, didn't realize this was modular. This explains also why I couldn't find the warlords entries when I wanted to change the hidden nationality myself.

Does your patch work with 2.92 as well (or maybe it is already incorporated)?

7. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

So Zappara, is 3.0 ever going to be finished?

8. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I also was wondering about this:confused:

9. Erii

Erii Chieftain

Although I agree with you for the most part, the AI does occasionally send it's workers into harms way. The first time I experienced this was when I placed a city between enemy cities, severing their route between them. When I later declared war and sent troops after the weaker part of the enemy civ, they sent their workers through my terrain and towards the majority of their civilization. The second time, and this one I don't understand at all, occurred very early game, probably about 3,000 b.c. A computer declared war on me and sent 1 worker into my terrain. I quickly took out that 'invasion fleet' and the comp begged for peace.

10. Fleme

Fleme Obey the Kitty!

I'll bump with my feedback.

Excellent mod, I only just recently discovered it and am loving it. My feedback is on an actual bug that I found occurring on every game I play so far at some point and its the game freezing. I found a tip somewhere here that its related to revolutions somehow that when I end turn that the game just freezes up and refuses to go anywhere. There are workarounds, but its a bug regardless.

I'm sure someone mentioned this earlier on in this thread but regardless its the first thing off the top of my head as it directly influences the playability.

11. strategyonly

I guess Zap has "left the building", not a post since Nov 2:(

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Zap,

We Miss you!

Drop by and at least say, "Hi! I'm still a living breathing being."

JosEPh :)

13. swobig

swobig Chieftain

I'll chip in $20 if Zappara will update this!

14. hihi

hihi Chieftain

hi zapara.

i read that you r prepareing next version.

so i found some modern unit skins.

so could you add these skins in next version?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=17158

this is UK MBT: Challenger II

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14661

this is Sukhoi PAK FA (Su T-50)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12124

this is india Armor Arjun and south korean Armor K1

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10101

this is japanese modern fighter F2.

15. strategyonly

Pls look at some post above: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9917469&postcount=171

btw Welcome to CFC.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

There will never be a RoM 3.0 unless someone else picks up the reins that Zappara has let go of.

Thanks Zappara for the 4 years of Fun you gave me thru your Great mod. Good Bye and God Bless were ever you may be.

JosEPh :wavey: :respect: