RL1 - Readylander's Training Day Game

Move blue dot and settler 1 south. That makes it coastal.

Slave,

Please give us a status update within the next 9 hours, that will be 2 days since your last post. We need to keep this game moving along.

Well it has been more than 48 hours with no further word from Slave so I am going to take my turns and keep this game going.

Slave let us know if you will be able to take your next turn.

u guys, i am not gonna be able to play this weekend or this friday

i am playing in a tennis tournament, sorry

rus_tenisist,

Will you be able to play tonight? I will have the game posted in just a few minutes.

When will you next be able to play?

Preturn: I send the Munith warrior out to defend our new city. Now what to do with Munith's production? The new city will start immediately on a temple to get the horses and wheat within its borders, Salamanca will be building settlers and the settler almost finished will build a city to the SW of Salamanca which will need a defender along with Munith who just lost their defender to the new city. Munith shall build a barracks and become our first military supplier.

(1) 2190BC - Niagara Falls is founded and a temple is started.
(2) 2150BC - The Romans founded Antium NE of Niagara Falls right next to the iron mountain. Salamanca completes a settler and starts another. Our wandering warrior finds some spices in the jungle not too far south of Salamanca. Our settler heads to the red dot city site.
(3) 2110BC - Nothing exciting.
(4) 2070BC - Not much exciting, our workers complete the road segments they were working on and move to build more.
(5) 2030BC - Another boring turn.
(6) 1990BC - A barb warrior is approaching Niagara Falls.
(7) 1950BC - Iron Bluffs is founded on red dot, a worker is started. Another settler will finish in 3 turns and we will need more workers to keep our road network going and to get the iron and horses hooked up.
(8) 1910BC - Our warrior in Niagara Falls barely defends against the barb warrior. Our people expand our palace. The road to Niagara Falls is completed and irrigation is started.
(9) 1870BC - Our scout finds a barb camp but is able to retreat.
(10) 1830BC - Salamanca completes a settler and starts another. Our worker outside Salamanca completes a road on a grassland with shield, I would normally mine this but since we are cranking out the settlers this tile will not be used in the near future so I decide working on the road to Iron Bluffs is more important. I debate whether the settler should head towards the yellow dot or the green dot. The yellow dot is closer to the capital so it will have less corruption and waste plus it will take less time to get there so it will be productive sooner. But the green spot will help create a border with the Romans. We don't have too much productive terrain and I would hate to loss this site to the Romans. The yellow dot has very little chance of another civ settling there. So the settler heads toward the green dot, well actually it should settle one tile north of green dot due to the shift of the Niagara Falls site.

I was intending the scout to head west and explore the coastline, I don't think the Aztecs will attack us, but keep your distance from the barb camp. Our wandering warrior I was heading towards the unknown area SE of Niagara Falls. I would really like to know what is there as it might be lands we would want to settle fairly soon.

We are cranking out settlers pretty quick. We have one headed to green dot (well one tile north of green dot), the next settler should probably head towards orange dot. Then hopefully we will have uncovered the area SE of Niagara Falls and can found another city to create a solid border with the Romans. The yellow dot can be delayed for now, it will be a good city I just think that forming a border against Roman expansion is important. They are at the far north end of the world map so they can't have too much area to settle north of them and it appears that they are limited in their east/west expansion by water. It looks like we will probably have a war with Rome due to their lack of land. We need to get some barracks going and the horses hooked up so that we can fight their legionaries with our mounted warriors. I would suggest we try to delay the war for as long as possible.
We are still four techs ahead of the Romans but the Aztecs are now only two techs behind. I suggest that science research be headed towards a more advanced form of government. I usually skip Monarchy and go right to Republic but others may have other thoughts.
Be careful of Munith, it will grow and go into disorder if an entertainer is not added.

It looks like we have a decent starting position I am eager to see how this one plays out.

Readylander <---- just completed his last round for this game, will now offer advice only
rus_tenisist <---- playing?
Ziggy <---- on deck
Slave

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/RL1-1830BC.zip

nice turrns Readylander..2 new citys and luxurys in sight..cant go wrong

when you say move the green dot north.do you mean north as indiagonal (ie hitting the 8 key on number pad)?.i never know what ppl are meaning by that half the time...sometimes it looks like when they say that they really mean NE (9) instead

if rus gets his turns in in the next 4-5 hours i can play..if not then not till monday morning (i've said before i cant play weekends..gotta share the puter with mrs ziggy)
but kewl to see the game moving along again..it is such a good start i like you am eager to see what we do

I also started the GOTM7...using every trick ive read on these games and a few more i had to make up..ive survived to 230ad!

Yes, when I said north I meant like the 8 key. I can see how that could be confusing.

While we are speaking of confusing - when you say Mon morning do you mean your Mon morning or my Mon morning? And if it is your Mon morning, that is my Sun afternoon, right? :)

lol yes i always mean my time...i know how confusing it gets.remember im from canada originally (only been here 1 1/2 years)

right now.as i post this..its friday morning at 920am..which i think is either 920 or 1020pm for you?..on thursday?

so my monday morning is like 8ish pm on your sunday night

boy was that ever clear..lol

i got the game

i cant play today, my parents won;t let me

I WON MY TENNIS TOURNAMENT ! YAHOOOOOO !
I HAD A CRAZY FINAL MATCH !
IF ANYONE IS INTO TENNIS I WILL SAY THE SCORE LATER
the final lasted 3 hours :eek:

i will play tomorrow

u guys, i will have to quit
i am terribly sorry
even though i dont have a lot of HW ( i am only in8th grade), i play tennis everyday for two hours and i got lotta things to do

sorry

i will try to check this thread out

c u guys and thx

thats lousy Rus....real life does have its annoying priorities sometimes though

Readylander.what should we do?....slave is MIA and with no Rus...that leaves just me? (since your done your turns).kinda pointless..lol

would you be interested in another game?...or restarting/continuing with different people?...your the Vetran i'll leave the call up to you

Rus, sorry to hear that.

Ziggy, I think we need a couple more players. Slave hasn't been around in a week, but even if he does come back that would be four players which is about normal for a typical SG.

I'll see what I can do about finding more players.

Anyone who is interested in joining this game let us know. We have a good starting position and the game has really just begun so you haven't missed much.

sounds good to me mate
let me know if i should take it or let someone else go first.dont care which really..the GOTM is keeping me VERY busy
700AD and im alive still!.course i suck and im everyones whipping boy....but im alive :p

ming..welcome..far as i know we still need people yep
grab away

Ming,

Welcome. As Ziggy said, go ahead and play 10 turns. Ziggy will follow you.

We are still looking for another player. This is a good game for someone who normally plays Chieftain or Warlord to try Regent.

Readylander <---- just completed his last round for this game, will now offer advice only
MingTheMerciles <---- playing
Ziggy <---- on deck
Slave ?
Open slot

Top Bottom