Road Building in Civ 6

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Woobyluv, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Cao Cao Mengde

Cao Cao Mengde Warlord

Current road system is fine- I just hope they go back to Civ V's movement system so you don't have so much wasted movement points when you run up against a marsh, forest, or hill.

2. bladex

bladex Emperor

the 8 Ages of Pace mod increases road movement but be warned using that it made my game freeze in the later eras.

3. Magil

Magil Monarch

I'm rather ambivalent about roads in general, but I think 1UPT is a system that makes movement unnecessarily tedious so I generally support anything that makes movement easier. I prefer 8 Ages of Pace mod for roads as a result, but I haven't had any issues with freezing.

But as to actually building roads, military engineers are pretty rubbish. They don't even really function well for their intended purpose given two charges.

4. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Chieftain

When you build a road between two of your own cities does it still use up that 'Trade' slot, because in the early game that can be very damaging in terms of gold?

5. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

I'm not sure I understand your question. Trade caravan uses one trade route slot while it's active, regardless of whether it's building road or not.

6. stinkubus

stinkubus Emperor

The trick with Rome is to either settle your first expand in Timbuktu or send your first trade route to a far flung city state and then settle cities along the road that gets created.

7. Roald Amundsen

Roald Amundsen Warlord

I find the new road-system in civ6 to be a real lackluster. Building roads used to be a very important aspect with huge impact on gameplay. Lots of tactical and strategic choice are now lost. But i guess they found out that most players really didn't care and just automated their workers anyway.

8. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I used to think that too but I changed my mind on that. Internal routes are better than external routes due to the extra cogs and food. I usually have every city run a route to my capital.
    Build com hub, encampment, ind zone and harbor and watch cities grow. When a city builds a critical wonder give it more traders. I don’t go abroad till e-commerce.