Road to nowhere

Frankthetank

Chieftain
I have a question concerning the city-state request of "build a road between our capitals" since the new patch came out. In two successive games I've noticed a glitch in that I have completed the road but do not receive the reward. I have demolished the road and tried to complete it again with no improvements. Has anyone else noticed this and how does one correct for it (besides killing the city-state).

I have a question concerning the city-state request of "build a road between our capitals" since the new patch came out. In two successive games I've noticed a glitch in that I have completed the road but do not receive the reward. I have demolished the road and tried to complete it again with no improvements. Has anyone else noticed this and how does one correct for it (besides killing the city-state).

It's a good idea to check the list of known bugs first. Then you would have found the bug report thread "city-state not recognizing road".

This isn't just a city-state connection bug, it also affects your own empire if you happen to have a city-state between your territories. I... was playing Genghis and were visiting my friends in... Anyway, I captured their empire. There. :D

Anyway, I tried to connect my cities via an allied city-state but had to circumvent it instead. Ugh.

This isn't just a city-state connection bug, it also affects your own empire if you happen to have a city-state between your territories. I... was playing Genghis and were visiting my friends in... Anyway, I captured their empire. There. :D

Anyway, I tried to connect my cities via an allied city-state but had to circumvent it instead. Ugh.

Has anyone verified that the CS road request bug as really been fixed by the latest patch?? I know the patch description listed this as one of the bug fixes. BUT, in my current game I got a road request from Budapest so (when I had a spare worker) built a long road connecting Budapest to my little empire. It didn't take, and I assumed it was 'cause I had to go through Kuala Lampur (sp?) to get to Budapest. Well, anyway, later on I captured a puppet city on the other side of Budapest, connected to my empire by a harbor. I Quickly built a road from this puppet, Frankfurt I think it was, to Budapest, but it still didn't take -- i.e., Budapest still says it would be nice to have a road, etc... So, having lots of money and spare government union workers, I made the whole thing a railroad -- all the way from Washington - through Kuala Lampur - to Budapest & on to Frankfurt. Budapest still stays it would be nice to have a road.

So, is this stupid bug fixed or not?:confused:

Has anyone verified that the CS road request bug as really been fixed by the latest patch?? I know the patch description listed this as one of the bug fixes. BUT, in my current game I got a road request from Budapest so (when I had a spare worker) built a long road connecting Budapest to my little empire. It didn't take, and I assumed it was 'cause I had to go through Kuala Lampur (sp?) to get to Budapest. Well, anyway, later on I captured a puppet city on the other side of Budapest, connected to my empire by a harbor. I Quickly built a road from this puppet, Frankfurt I think it was, to Budapest, but it still didn't take -- i.e., Budapest still says it would be nice to have a road, etc... So, having lots of money and spare government union workers, I made the whole thing a railroad -- all the way from Washington - through Kuala Lampur - to Budapest & on to Frankfurt. Budapest still stays it would be nice to have a road.

So, is this stupid bug fixed or not?:confused:

I believe, I have successfully completed a "build a road" quest in my last game, so I think they really fixed it in the last patch. Anyways I have noticed another "problem". I had a Budapest between my empire and some puppet states on the other side. So i decided to build roads form my cities through Budapest to my puppet states (basically for faster unit movement. I had the road from My border city to Budapest on the one side and the road from Budapest to the first puppet city on the other side, but when the units moved they weren't passing through Budapest, so they had to go around the city, causing them to loose movement, while moving on not improved terrain. So I ended building a road on that tiles too. Can someone tell me if this is intended behavior ( not able to pass through allied cities)? One thing I haven't tried yet - claiming to protect the city - don't know if this can affect unit movement.

I've only done it 3-4 times but I have never had a problem with it. I guess I'm just the odd one out

I believe, I have successfully completed a "build a road" quest in my last game, so I think they really fixed it in the last patch. Anyways I have noticed another "problem". I had a Budapest between my empire and some puppet states on the other side. So i decided to build roads form my cities through Budapest to my puppet states (basically for faster unit movement. I had the road from My border city to Budapest on the one side and the road from Budapest to the first puppet city on the other side, but when the units moved they weren't passing through Budapest, so they had to go around the city, causing them to loose movement, while moving on not improved terrain. So I ended building a road on that tiles too. Can someone tell me if this is intended behavior ( not able to pass through allied cities)? One thing I haven't tried yet - claiming to protect the city - don't know if this can affect unit movement.

The problem with moving army units through an allied CS is that the CS always has its own units standing around, or its worker leaning on his shovel or some such, so your road is blocked. Some units can "pass through" other units, but it seems to be willy-nilly because I don't know what rule governs this behavior/ability.

So, anyway, I'm glad to learn that the "Road to Nowhere" bug is indeed fixed. I guess my application just wasn't done right -- so that even though I'm allied with both Kuala Lumpur and Budapest, my road through KL doesn't count towards connecting Budapest. Likewise, I guess a road from my puppet city which is connected to my capitol only via a harbor doesn't count either. Bummer.

Top Bottom