Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation: Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant

That big armada stack has over 180 units in it :eek:. That's Shaka-esque...tell us, did any of your cities build something else than units for the last hundred years?

Actually I am getting rather impatient with all the military as that is taking more time to address that the length of turns (more dead AIs fixed that issue) thus I am starting to construct building just to speed things along.

I guess what I should do is just setup a Que for each city but that is a big micromanagement chore that probably needs to be done.

ROFL, loved that bit about Shaka.
Hoping I may get my city someday ^^

well, didn´t you use *unit for cycling mad?
I can´t imagine assigning unit builds every turn for so many cities...

Great game so far. I think my CPU would have been fryed many times over.

My computer would die. Flat line! Stop breathing!

Next segment has been played and will be posted tomorrow. Armageddon has arrived at the end of the segment!

Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant: Korea, Nukes, and the start of Armegeddon

Sid decides that rather than attack the world atonce it is wiser to continue his slower pace a little longer and take out The Koreans first. First it's one less nuclear equipped nation for the final battle (and the Koreans seam to loike using Nukes), second it allows a nice launching path for the Celtics who otherwise would have a fairly tight continent to crack.

Sid waits merely long enough to muster the second armada

Before notifying Wang of the inevitable

The plan to use overwhelming airforce to beat down Korea while using the older armada in a 2 prong attack to hopely draw off Wang's nukes.

The eastern most city fell easily and was supplied by all the land forces on the invasion fleet (at least those that did not have to wait one turn).

The second part got a little greedy and took 2 southern cities

Sid has a massive amount of solo warships in the oceans that started picking off the Korea Navy. With a little air support Wang's naval abilities were utterly destroyed allowing us a chance to reach his uranium later on.

After the first turn

All wang's cities lie on that continent except for 2. One of these is deep within our territory and was captured next turn (Duh, I forgot about it this turn until Wang started marching his troops arround our turf), and another a former Dutch Island which the Newer Armada is approaching on it's way to the mainland.

wang did manage to shoot off many TActical nukes of which 4 exploded. One near the new invaded cities costing us one of the southern ones, the other

A missle crussair got through and took out the city with the most settle GGs (Shaka's former captial). Damn shame as we were getting 6 promotion units out of it! Ah, it can be rebuilt and Sid swear'/s venegnce for the disgrace inflicted upon the city of SUPP.

The armada took the island city

And steamed ahead towards the western part of the Korean mainland. Meanwhile we had taken his Uranium out via guided missles although wang managed to quickly rebuild one and sneak out a few more nukes.

A combination of moving landed troops and landing replacements allowed us to overwhelm the Korean continent

And just to show you the evils of Korea who is willing to Nuke fellow Korean lands to make a political point.

OUCH!!!!

The city became unitless, however Wang could not get any troops there to retake it. We simply landed more troops.

Between the landed Armada from the west and the army from the east the Korean capital was crushed in a pincher assault.

With one badly Nukes Korean city on the northern tip (damned it takes a long time to travel through fallout) the Ethiopians are falsely conned into war by the Koreans

So set's the worls for the final showdown. We have incredible amounts of military positioned in former Zulu lands waiting to crush Zara'a vassals, and we likely can take a few Ethiopian cities.

Of course Zara had the initiative here which accomplished little except to get alot of the enemy alliance killed. Defensive battles can swing the advantage big time! Also I was surpised to see NO NUKES although I have no idea if ACBMs we repeled.

I did not fully finish my first turn of war, I merely focused on

Exterminating the Koreans.

Now there is much to do, we have vast numbers of armies prepped to conquer and a large yet unconnected navy (to repel nukes) to clear the oceans of enemy war ships (and there are ALOT folks).

A look at what needs to be done.

And of course I need to get more Civfanatic names to properly assimilate Korea.

Well folks, Armageddon has arrived!!!!!!

3 pronged attack, the Celts from the south, the Hot Coals, the English from the west, the Anvil, and the Hammer from the East.

Send smaller armies to destroy the Khan-ate, and any other bothersome lands you have.

By the By, what happened to the U.N. and banning Nukes, did you burn it down, or isn't it enabled this game??

3 pronged attack, the Celts from the south, the Hot Coals, the English from the west, the Anvil, and the Hammer from the East.

Send smaller armies to destroy the Khan-ate, and any other bothersome lands you have.

By the By, what happened to the U.N. and banning Nukes, did you burn it down, or isn't it enabled this game??

Ah, the UN. well as I disabled all victory conditions except Conquest apparently the UN and AP cannot be constructed.

ARMEGEDDON!!!!!!!
Although the game is pretty much won at this point, this is very very awesome.
Is there a city after me, BTW?

Poor Sid will have nothing left to rule over than Desert. I blame Soren Johnson for allowing Nukes to turn the world yellow.

CFC vs the world ... :devil:

The real question now is who has nukes ( and where they are ) and where is the U238 .

@ ICNP

You can also blame Jon for not making it diferent in BtS :D And I agree, radioactive green would be far cooler :devil:

CFC vs the world ... :devil:

The real question now is who has nukes ( and where they are ) and where is the U238 .

Actually the biggest problem is the TActical nukes on the missle crussairs and subs which I CANNOT find.

Sid has developed a rather laid back attitude towards nukes and rewatching Dr. Strangelove.

Actually the biggest problem is the TActical nukes on the missle crussairs and subs which I CANNOT find.
I have one word for you , just one word: airships :D The best sub detectors in game , by a large margin .... just disconnect your oil for a turn or two and make some for them :D

Top Bottom