Role Play Challenge, TNG: Lord Satan and the End of Days!

madscientist

RPC Supergenius
Welcome to my next Role Play Challenge. These games are meant to be educational and fun and play on new leaders in history rather than the already done 52.

Here we have a pretty simple, if ruthless game. We are playing as the Great Lord Satan. Yes, the father of lies himself who is often just misunderstood. Sure you think of soul selling, plaugue, death, war, etc...., but no one really understands this unfortunate member of history. Lord Satan is really not that bad of a character and nobody has a better sense of humor! His problem is that he has a gambling problem and has made a wager with a "Higher Athority" about soul collections. Yes friends, this is about the simple matter of collecting human souls for his unearthly abode!

The settings

Standard Fractal map
Emperor difficulty
Epic speed
Raging Barbarians
Complete kills required (the whole soul collection deal)
Unrestricted leaders (We are Boudica or Aztec)

Rules
1) Only Conquest allowed
2) We are looking at depopulation, so we should limit the number of captured cities as well as depleting his own population at the end of the game
3) Civic restriction: Hereditary Rule (Because Satan is King!), Police State, Vassalage, Nationhood, Slavery (Mandatory!), Free Market (Because this is root of all evil!), Theology (Building the troops in the name of Satanism!).
4) We are the Father of Lies and reserve the right to change rules and cheat at our earliest convenience!

Our unearthly leader

And the start

A pretty good start here, what do we research first!

Settle in place or 1S. Research Agriculture, AH, Mining, BW.

What about the save? I'd like to shadow this one (no extra PC crashing map size :D).

an interesting gamble could be checkin for seafood south of the Flood Plains ... and even if there wasn't a city 1sw of the Rice wouldn't be halfbad (Irrigated Rice and 3FPs should be enough for food)

In the Civic restrictions, did you mean Theocracy instead of Theology?

agriculture? to feed the population? surely satan cant agree with that. MI-BW is most certainly the only path the lord can consider.

Agree with BW beeline... What's not to like about slaves and axes? In the meantime build warriors and start on the first settler to grab a future copper site.

Not an optimal start, but Mad's modus opporendi is to hamstring himself in these RPGs ;)

Mad, are you familiar with Fall from Heaven? I think it would be really fitting for such an RPC.

BTW, thanks for the save.

No despotism?

You know madscientist, you didn't have to change the picture or leader name.

But it's so cool.

I presume "only conquest allowed" is an RPC goal, and that the AI have all the other VC available. I've never played with "complete kills" -- doesn't it drag things out a lot?

Yes, the Ai can win anyway, and they can get vassals which of course Satan cannot do (at elast in the mortal lands).

About complete kills, never did that myself either. We shall see!

I'm missing the point.

Great Spies are the perfect scout as they cna never be seen or captured. The AI can just run it all over the place if we need complete kills. Of course Shyuhe also forgets we are dealing with the Father of Lies here!

Ah! Thanks. Never tried complete kills before.
Edit: So there is a game mechanic already in place whereby a normal spy would eventually be discovered and sent to ... hell?

I think you should found Satanism in your capital. After all, it makes no sense to have a worship on the devil with its headquarters somewhere else. Perhaps you should call Judaism the true Satanism for role play.

Top Bottom