Role Play Challenge: "Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?"

Ok. Can't download the save for reasons mentioned above, so can you fill me in please?

Random info like this makes the game easier for me to read.

Ok. Can't download the save for reasons mentioned above, so can you fill me in please?

Sure. Here's the breakdown of favorite civics based solely on foreign advisor info from the most recent save. Note, the reason I'm actually bothering to go through this is because I'm writing an update to the BUG foreign advisor that does this for you and this game provides a great test case. ;) It's all in a spoiler in case people don't want to know about it.

Spoiler :
First, by comparing the scoreboard diplo summaries to the Foreign Advisor's diplo summaries, their order on the relations/glance/trade screens is:
Orange, Purple, Lt Blue, Grey, Turquoise (Turquoise Sury is the Evil Jewish Sury who everyone hates).

Example: Orange Sury runs HR, Vassalage, Slavery, Decentralization, and OR. He has the favorite civic +diplo modifer with Purple Sury so his favorite must be something they both run; this rules out OR. Orange Sury does not have the +diplo modifier for favorite civics with Mad, so we can rule out HR and Decentralization too (nobody has the opening civcs as favorites anyhow, but the logic still holds). Finally, since Orange Sury does not have a +diplo with any of the other Slavery-running Surys, we can rule out Slavery and so it's got to be Vassalage.

You can go through similar comparisons with everybody else and you get the following results:
1. Orange Sury -- Vassalage
2. Purple Sury -- Theocracy
3. Lt. Blue Sury -- (Unknown but definitely not any of his current ones)
4. Grey Sury -- Org. Religion
5. Turq Sury -- Theocracy

I'll let somebody else turn those into potential personalities :p

Thanks. Did the legwork for ya, BTW. Info center helps.

Spoiler :
So, likely personalities:

1. Orange Sury -- Vassalage - Mehmed or Charlamagne
2. Purple Sury -- Theocracy - Justinian/Izzy/Zara/Sal
3. Lt. Blue Sury -- (Unknown but definitely not any of his current ones) - My money is on an American
4. Grey Sury -- Org. Religion - Sury/Brennus
5. Turq Sury -- Theocracy - See Above

Spoiler :
Those make the personality charting much easier.
Orange is a bit of a wild card, a zealot or a builderish semi-warmongerer.
Purple is a zealot or zara(wonderhogging semi-zealot..?), so is turqoise.
Grey is a warmongerer.
Light blue might also be Monty with pState :D
It's pretty dangerous game, if the religious blocks crumble.

Spoiler :
Those make the personality charting much easier.
Orange is a bit of a wild card, a zealot or a builderish semi-warmongerer.
Purple is a zealot or zara(wonderhogging semi-zealot..?), so is turqoise.
Grey is a warmongerer.
Light blue might also be Monty with pState :D
It's pretty dangerous game, if the religious blocks crumble.

Spoiler :
I'm pretty sure Orange Sury is Cyrus. He does not care much for religion (only -1 with the heathen Jewish Sury) which basically rules out the other Vassalage-lovers - both Mehmed and Charle care more for religion. Also, he's not Alex because he's not bribable and in that case he'd probably dowed on someone already.

I'll cast my lot with Izzy for the heathen Sury. He (or she) is annoyed with Orange Sury, and Izzy is both farther away in peaceweight from Cyrus/Orange Sury and harder to get along with. In that case, since she still gets along with the other Theocracy favorite my guess goes to Zara for Purple Sury

Spoiler :
First, by comparing the scoreboard diplo summaries to the Foreign Advisor's diplo summaries, their order on the relations/glance/trade screens is:
Orange, Purple, Lt Blue, Grey, Turquoise (Turquoise Sury is the Evil Jewish Sury who everyone hates).

Example: Orange Sury runs HR, Vassalage, Slavery, Decentralization, and OR. He has the favorite civic +diplo modifer with Purple Sury so his favorite must be something they both run; this rules out OR. Orange Sury does not have the +diplo modifier for favorite civics with Mad, so we can rule out HR and Decentralization too (nobody has the opening civcs as favorites anyhow, but the logic still holds). Finally, since Orange Sury does not have a +diplo with any of the other Slavery-running Surys, we can rule out Slavery and so it's got to be Vassalage.

You can go through similar comparisons with everybody else and you get the following results:
1. Orange Sury -- Vassalage
2. Purple Sury -- Theocracy
3. Lt. Blue Sury -- (Unknown but definitely not any of his current ones)
4. Grey Sury -- Org. Religion
5. Turq Sury -- Theocracy

I'll let somebody else turn those into potential personalities :p
Spoiler :

Orange then is either Charlemagne, Alexander, Cyrus/Mehmed?

Purple and Turquoise are from among Saladin, Zara, Isabella, and Justinian

Grey is Hatty, Ramesses, Sury (lol) and some others that I have forgotten.

Lt. Blue then might be Gandhi (US), Shaka/Monty/Genghis (Police State), Mao or Stalin (State Property), Roosevelt or Toku (Mercantilism), Lincoln (Emancipation?), Any of the FR guys (Darius/Willem/Asoka?), Washington/Mansa (Free Market)

this is hilarious... Absolutely hilarious.

Mad Scientist is:
Spoiler :
Suleiman

@Dan: :lol: I see someone else was doing a little detective work.

Spoiler :
For those utterly confused by that comment, the game actually rolls a random personality for the human players too even though it's meaningless. And Mad's was set to Suleiman

Thanks. Did the legwork for ya, BTW. Info center helps.

Spoiler :
So, likely personalities:

1. Orange Sury -- Vassalage - Mehmed or Charlamagne
2. Purple Sury -- Theocracy - Justinian/Izzy/Zara/Sal
3. Lt. Blue Sury -- (Unknown but definitely not any of his current ones) - My money is on an American
4. Grey Sury -- Org. Religion - Sury/Brennus
5. Turq Sury -- Theocracy - See Above

Spoiler :
3. Universal suffrage. Boudica or Ghandi, or Fred

And then we get a little more info on one of the Sury's

Hmmmm, One's favorite civic is Theocracy! OK, we stick with Buddhism.

Likes shared religions, has grabbed a good deal of land, techs more than well and has Theocracy as his favourite civic ?

Maybe this Sury is Zara of Ethiopia ?

*note to self* Read all posts before typing my answer */note* :D

Madness? THIS IS KHMER!!!!!!

Likes shared religions, has grabbed a good deal of land, techs more than well and has Theocracy as his favourite civic ?

Maybe this Sury is Zara of Ethiopia ?

*note to self* Read all posts before typing my answer */note* :D

Last note, We are under ALOT of cultural pressure from Blue Sury, definitely Creative.

"Will the Real Suryavarman Stand Up?": Part VI???

AHhhh, the world of the insane Khmerians!!!! The Buddhist lovefest has started to fall apart, bigtime! Of course I helped it along, ALOT!!!! But here are the personalities I think are going on

Orange I think is Cyrus who is now in FR

Blue is Likely Zara because of the culture pressure and theocracy.

White is still unknown

Grey is unknown but could be bribed.

So onto the game, First Orange Sury adopts FR which led to

So much for the Buddhist lovefest.

We also used the last of our eps from Orange Sury to steal.

We never got another GSpy for Scotland yard, so at the point I reassigned eps.

The Great Spy got us quite a few techs, nothing immensely strong but alot of fillins!

We started to make a few trades, to move along

We then traded off Banking and PP for nationalism and cash. That led to tech as

Doing pretty well now.

I should tell you all my techpath: Guilds/gunpowder/Chemistry (partly bulbed)/Military Science (almost finished at the save).

AT this point I thought it was time to shake things up, before someone should me up or started making a strong tech run at the SpaceShip.

So I bribed Grey Sury to attack Orange Sury and Blue Sury to attack White Sury leading to

BATTLE of the SURYs!!!!!!!

WE bided our time a bit, building muskets/knights/trebs. We are definitely getting into this.

As you can see

The victum is Grey Sury, as he is fighting the strongest of the Sury's and has the largest border with us.

This Sury is not very agressive at fighting at all, so I thought he could be Gandhi, except he was bribed into attacking Orange Sury.

We made quick mincemeat of the first city

we rebuilt and starting slowing building a second force to move northward so we can pop out in the south and join forces.

Yet another city

And a third city

Rebuilding the attack for more land

And beginning the assault on the Northern Grey Sury cities.

Like I said before, rather poor counter attacks from Grey Sury.

Yet another city

We made another trade with one of the Sury's (sorry, I am getting a little lost which is which).

Which allowed us to change civics.

To start working a SE bit if a game. That little extra food from the Baray helps out a little although getting food on this map is TOUGH!

After capturing Washington.

We brought Sury in to talk.

OK, what to do now???
Do we take peace and start rebuilding with the gold, grenaders are almost here and I am teching steel next.

Do we continue the attack and exterminate Grey Sury??? I do not want to vassal him since we may win a conquest game.

And let me leave you with the tech situation.

OK, where to now my Suryavarman fans!

Last note, We are under ALOT of cultural pressure from Blue Sury, definitely Creative.
The players' traits are not randomized (the code checks for LeaderType instead of PersonalityType here) so all of the Surys are Expansive & Creative. Otherwise you would be Philosophical & Imperialistic, Mr. Su***man. :D

You can check this by investigating your Clones' cities (enough :espionage: provided). All get the +2:culture: "free commerce" for Creative and the +2:health: "from Civilization" for Expansive.

The players' traits are not randomized (the code checks for LeaderType instead of PersonalityType here) so all of the Surys are Expansive & Creative. Otherwise you would be Philosophical & Imperialistic, Mr. Su***man. :D

You can check this by investigating your Clones' cities (enough :espionage: provided). All get the +2:culture: "free commerce" for Creative and the +2:health: "from Civilization" for Expansive.

:wallbash::hammer2: Of course!

Top Bottom