Role Play Challenge: "Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up?"

The info screne on the diplomacy advisor shows all Sury's favorite civic is OR. The random personalities seam to affect the way they play but not the core Sury/khmer settings.
What I'm trying to tell you is that the Foreign Advisor is bugged. If you want the technical details, it uses the LeaderHeadType of the player to get the displayed favorite civic when it should be using the PersonalityType. It doesn't matter normally, but under Random Personalities, these are generally different.

I even tested it on your save. I'll spare you any potential spoiler details, but the end result is: don't trust the Foreign Advisor's Info tab.

@DMOC: The colors are random too; they don't give you any clue as to the personality.

"Will the Real Suryavarman Stand Up?": Part III

Well, I promised you all I would do this. I played the next segment after having having a bottle Pinoir Noir Wine. Played poorly for sure, but the game was not so confusing this time

Now I do have some coffee so I hope the segment reads well. Bear with me.

The segment amounted to having a dogpile against Sury by Sury, Sury, Sury, Sury and myself! We completely trashed our economy, built a sonder we did NOT expect and got a GP at the end that I have NO idea what to do with!!!

Oh yeah, our economy is only solvent but having our most productive city building wealth!

But I am rambling, let's talk about the ROC tale, this cursed game that was suggested by "I don't remember". How could I be so crazy as to play this map. Oh yeah the screenshots.

To begin with we went to Orange Sury, as our units ar enearing a strike, and begged/groveled/pleaded for a free tech. We got this.

Oh greta Orane Sury, your geneosity will not be forgotten. What can I do for you, who shall I kill. Wait, OK I'm doing OK, to the game.

The evil Sury, the one who declared war on us just because we were trying to purify the world of the Cursed Sury makes a demand of us.

HOW DARE HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But do not worry, our good and trusted friend Sury stops by with a request. Attack the evil Sury, You Bet, we declare war although I still am not sure where this guy is.

Meanwhile our economy completely trashed, with -17 gold which sends the troops on strike. In a moment of great insight, I start building wealth in the production powerhouse. Wit I already told you this. OK where were we.. Ah, the war.

We did real good, killing a Khmerian archer that strayed into our lands. Killed him dead! Our horse archer outflanked him, encircled the last Khmerians, overran them, and smote thier ashes into the ground!! Twas glorious!!!!! So glorious a great general arose from teh ranks.

We settled him somewhere, I don;t know which city, but he was settled!!! In fact, I just don't know if I ever build a unit in that city. Maybe it was the production powerhouse building wealth, but there I go again, off on a tangent.

Sury, right!

While I am playing like a moron, workers are lost, military sitting arround collecting a handsome salary our spy network is well at work. Our spies stole Monarchy and

Which leads me to the techpath, yeah we actually did some work: Finished metal casting/Literature/Machinery

We set about building the Great Library in the capital, and the heroic epic comewhere.

In the meantime.

Yes, Sury is dogpiled by Sury. Scoundral, er I mean way to go, no wait. Damned, what was the question???

OK, seriously we decided to finally talk to Sury about peace.

Hey, every spec of gold matters this game.

But 10 turns later, Sury makes a request. How can I refuse Sury, my best friend and ally!!! We immediately declare war on Sury.

This was just too much for Sury, who capitulated and vassaled hinself to Sury.

So Sury vassals, everyone trades techs, and we are behind the eightball!!! At this point something incredible happened.

WOW!! We actually built the damned thing. Well, we did capture marble from Sury so I guess I should not be surprized. We went ahead a built the NE in the same city (the capital) as the Great Library. No, I have not lost all my marbles, I still know what to do with marble.

The low and behold.

A Great Scientist who is willing to use his wosdom and superior intellect to help steer to poor mislead and mismanaged Khmerians!!!

So we started teching CS and saved.

A few views of our empire

Techs

Note Orange Sury gave all of his techs to dogplied Sury.

Fear not, my incompetance at leadership shall not go unrewarded. The Great Scientist shall bail us out. Out of what, I don't knwo but he shall bail us out!!!

Diplomacy

Hey, Sury loves a fool!

In case you were wondering at our civics.

And for the hell of it, the financial advisor, in case anyone can see something smart for me to do.

There you have it!

OK, what do we do with the Great Scientist. And where do we go from here, besides the nearest wine store!

In this situation you'd probably be best off bulbing him for a tech to trade around. I can't exactly remember which techs he can bulb... Divine Right would be ideal at this point but I know he can't get that.

Would Paper be enough to trade around? If not, you might want to hang on to him, learn paper, mostly bulb education and learn it. Then forget about liberalism and trade it around for backfilling and cash. Not sure how realistic this is though...

A very amusing write-up. :lol:

Hope you didn't lose too many units. By the way, I think that should have been Part IV, not Part III. ;)

I think I'll have to get some Cabernet before I try to re-read that.

If the Scientist will bulb Philo, then trade it quickly. Sury already knows it and might trade it himself - though the two techs he seems to lack (drama/engineering) are also not on the market due to monopoly. (Though, if he is friendly with one, does that open up trading of monopoly techs?).

I think YOU need to get a Sury Vassal too. They're all the rage these days.

By the way, you still haven't changed your display name in the game to
"Suryavarmann II."

Mad Scientist: Do not change your name! It would be wrong! You are not Sury! Even you are someone else!
:crazyeye::rudolf::crazyeye:

"Will the Real Suryavarman Please Stand Up": Part V

OK, absolutely nothing exciting this round, unless picture of techs and sury's face are your thing. I looked at what I got myself into yesterday and while we need to fix it, it's not as bad as I feared.

We began by using the GS to bulb

Which we used to bulb some desperately needed Middle Age techs, before we get attacked. The mutual Buddhist lovefest only goes so far...

Maces and Longbows, good that helps.

I then adjusted civics

I am not a pacifism type of guy, but here it has it's merits, as in catchup in tech via GSs.

Techpath went: Paper/Education/Liberalism/Printing Press, Ed and PP were mostly bulbed

We traded Paper for

The gold helps too. By the end of the segment our slider is back up to 50-60%.

We stole a few techs from Oranges Sury, here is one

And we make a particularly good trade with Sury.

Castles and Trebs.

Followed by a deal with Sury

OK!!!

We then stole Optics and this popped up

I voted for Sury, who of course won hands down! Still ONE Sury is NOT a member thus no AP diplo victory right now.

And then we get a little more info on one of the Sury's

Hmmmm, One's favorite civic is Theocracy! OK, we stick with Buddhism.

Unfortunately we missed the liberalism race by 5 turns!!!! Orange Sury beat us to it, and he's teching pretty darned fast.

So after PP we saved. Tech situation

We started Guilds.

OK, after Guilds (knights) I say Gunpowder which leads me to this

What techpath next????

Chemistry/Grenaders

or

Banking/RP/rifling????

Our cities are NOT equipped for the production needed for space part manufacturing. I say we start loading up on Military and make an all out suicidal attack on Orange Sury!!! Probably foolish, but I will go absolutely nuts if I have to play this insane game out through a space race game at marathon speed!!!!

By The Way: I shall NEVER fall into the Suryavarman name thing. I am an individual, I am Mad Scientist, not some freakish Sury clone. I am me, you gotta believe me!!!!!!

I loled at the AP election pic.

Which ever Sury gives + Diplo for Civics is Saladin Sury. (Nobody else prefers Theocracy, right?)

No worries there? No Protective Longbows/Muskets/Rifles at least.

But do not worry, our good and trusted friend Sury stops by with a request. Attack the evil Sury, You Bet, we declare war although I still am not sure where this guy is.
:lol: I had a great laugh over that quote...this is so funny.

Oh, I haven't shadowed anyfurther, I seemed to be running away with an easy domination win, it was too confusing, and its funnier to read.

Oh that, and I'm doing a write up on the nobles club XI Catherine game...

:huh:
Saladin, Zara Yaqob, Isabella, and Justinian all have Theocracy as favorite civic.

Eh. Forgot about Zara, and didn't know Justinian (Don't have BTS, or Warlords for that matter), and I thought that the HoF said that Izzy was Police State in the foreign advisor for Vanilla.

Hence, only Sal came to mind for Theocracy... :/

You can see who likes theocracy by checking who got the diplo demerits.
Yep. Purple Sury has the +1 "You accepted our favorite civic" so he must be the Theocracy lover who made the demand. In fact, by comparing diplo modifiers between each of the various Surys on the glance screen, you can actually determine the true favorite civics of 4 of the remaining 5 Sury impostors.

Top Bottom