Roll Call! (Post here to let others know you show up from time to time)

How many people do you think regularly visit the Civ4Col Mod forum?

• Total voters
I love this site and the mods all of you do.

I love Colonization with the R&R mod running (TAC is decent, but a distant second). I tend to binge on it every few months, messing with the text files and changing things around to suit my mood.

Had to do a clean install of windows a few months back, so this time i'll be starting all over with whatever R&R gives me, and modifying Text files from there.

Also, there used to be a helluva good map of North America somewhere, available in different sizes. Why detailed North American maps are not a standard part of Colonization I have no idea, given the entirety of the History the game is set in took place in North America (not counting the shenanigans over in Europe which made the various discoveries and subsequent wars possible).

Anyway, off to check that i have the latest version of R&R, and to look for a North American map.

Adios, conquistadores!

I check in once a week to see mod development.

Thank you to all those who brought this game to life and continue to update mods :)

Cannot tell you enough how much I love these mods. This is my all time favorite game. I have more hours logged on this than any other NON MMORPG game I have ever played.

Hi All; currently a computer engineer, hardware,software and network. I am learning a bit of programming as well. Of course I am also a gamer as well. My current passion is colonization! I have been trying to peace meal kailrics pirate mod, but alot of it seems to depend of previous versions of the mod. Would love to have a 1 on 1 on him or at least someone that might have the full working mod. I have quite a group playing and would love to have the mod working with multiplayer also. so anyone know kailric tell him that capt. jack would like a wee bit of his time.

currently in Arequipa Peru. beached until I can get some lumber and se;; me gold

Is the poster of the survey aware that regularly does not equal often? Once a year is regularly, too...
I myself try to look up new messages once a fortnight.

At the time this survey was posted, regularly was probably still understood as "at least once a week". :)
Now however regularly might be understood as "maybe once a month". :dunno:

A new more specific survey might be interesting though. :thumbsup:
(The votes that have been cast here are already really old anyways.)

Most interesting to me would be:
  • I really do not care about this game and its mods anymore
  • I still play the game and its mods, but I hardly visit the forum
  • I still visit this forum from time to time (once a month or less)
  • I still visit this forum regularly (at least once a week)
  • I still visit this forum regularly and I want to become a mod supporter
  • I still visit this forum regularly and I am a mod supporter
  • I still visit this forum regularly and I want to become a modder
  • I still visit this forum regularly and I am a modder

Last edited:
Just joined....

Literally came here just to try to find out why my scenario loads all players as AI, not just the 3 + me that's supposed to load.

... because it's very hard for me.

What specifically is hard for you? :confused:
Civ4Col itself is not really more difficult than Civ4BTS.

The game concepts are a bit different of course - e.g. Economy it is more micro management.
But still Civ4Col and Civ4BTS have a lot of common aspects as well.

Once you get into it, it can be very satisfying though.

But of course it is a matter of taste. :thumbsup:
I can fully understand that some people prefer Civ4BTS while others prefer Civ4Col.

Never play Civ4Col without a mod though. ;)
Mods make the game much much better.

I think Civ4Col is really well made especially the trading system and the economy doesn't make it harder. What is truly hard is that the king has tons of strong units while you can only have pioneers that have a gun, that's not very strong.
I have never won a game of Col but I will still try until I win!

What is truly hard is that the king has tons of strong units while you can only have pioneers that have a gun, that's not very strong.
Well, then you should try WTP. ;)
In WTP you can get really really strong Units if you play right.

Really, do not waste your time with Civ4Col Vanilla.
(Every one of the big mods is massively better.)

Ok, but I won't be able to install mods for a while cause my pc only has a few gb left.
Anyway what do you recommend for trying to win a game of Col, WTP or RR?

WTP or RR?
WTP is the successor project of RaR - meaning it is build / based on RaR - which itself was already based on TAC.
(RaR is thus outdated. Thus there is no point in getting RaR anymore - because you can directly get WTP.)

WTP simply has more bugfixes, improvements, features, ... basically in all regards better than RaR.
(Otherwise it is more or less still the same mod. If you play WTP, you will not miss anything that RaR offered. You just get more.)

Last edited:
of course I be here..matey....Also been sinking many a fine boatd playing the pirate mod. ye should try it.
I will go looking for that one. Have you tried Religion and Revolution (R&R) or Dawn of a New Era? (DOaNE). I have actually modded R&R a bit, strictly for my friend and myself, but the mod is a massive collaboration of a lot of very talented people.

Top Bottom