Royal, Noble, Elected titles. Revamping the rules discussion.

Items Manager

Vote = Yes

Orignaly posted by Shaitan
2 of the 3 RPG Managers have approved the subrule set and it is approved.

Better make that 3 of the 3 RPG Managers have approved the subrule. Sorry If I am late.

@shaitan: the house of lancre was founded by me, btw :) only the current head of the house is padma because i decided to step back from that position

The official rules thread had been updated with the new ruleset.

I believe there are 13 active provinces now and that number will be used to figure elligibility for landed titles during the changeover.

I'm still just a tad confused on the new rules. Since I am President, I'd be free to claim the titles of High King and King, correct?

I'm a baron of lands in the South Doughnut Coast, which are borderlands. Would my title change to marquis?

Lastly, do I get a title, if any, as a retired President?

@Octavian - As President in a Monarchy you now have the title of High King. When you retire from the presidency you would normally receive a High Noble title. You won't get that though as you are already a King in your own right (the King title you acquired on your own has been restored to you). Baron is not equivalent to Marquis so you would not be able to change to that title for free. The free switch to Marquis is only for Counts/Earls. If you meet the requirements for the Marquis title you can increase your Baron title to a Marquis title.

First off, 'Ambassador' was misspelled in the table. :p

Second, the title a retired leader recieves slightly confuses me. A better example would be nice. (ex. President -> Prince, Leader -> Count, etc.). Would this retired title then become a permanent unlanded one?

Third, the loss of titles confuses me. For example, as stated above, I get to reclaim the title of king I had invested for myself long ago. But, obviously, I don't have the land to maintain that title. Do I become an unlanded King, or is that title reduced?

Fourth, how do I determine whether current princes and dukes are imperial or Royal?

Fifth, what if a person is a Marquis and Count, but none of their territory is on the border? Do they lose the Marquis altogether, or is it replaced?

Sixth, for clarification, just how many active provinces DO we have? (Off topic: should we count active provinces whose land has yet to be sold? Seems a bit unfair...)

These are the problems I think may stand in my way, but otherwise, I should be able to get to work.
This last question really doesn't apply to my upcoming efforts to revamp the registry, but from personal interest. While I am still in office, we are in a monarchy, I can create a royal bloodline and double my income from titles, right? This seems rather excessive...

First off, 'Ambassador' was misspelled in the table.
Corrected it in the rule thread. ;)

Second, the title a retired leader recieves slightly confuses me. A better example would be nice. (ex. President -> Prince, Leader -> Count, etc.). Would this retired title then become a permanent unlanded one?
Only the Pres and Vice Pres get permanent titles when they leave office (they are the only ones granted Presidential, Imperial or Royal titles) and both get a permanent noble title (such as Count or Margrave). If they actually have enough land to qualify for the title the title is landed and the land is then bound to that title. If not it is a landless title.

Third, the loss of titles confuses me. For example, as stated above, I get to reclaim the title of king I had invested for myself long ago. But, obviously, I don't have the land to maintain that title. Do I become an unlanded King, or is that title reduced?
Titles can either be reduced to a qualifying landed title or may become unlanded.

Fourth, how do I determine whether current princes and dukes are imperial or Royal?
There are only Imperials in despotism so all will be royal.

Fifth, what if a person is a Marquis and Count, but none of their territory is on the border? Do they lose the Marquis altogether, or is it replaced?
They keep the title and may change it to Count or Earl without paying the normal penalty to change a title.

Sixth, for clarification, just how many active provinces DO we have? (Off topic: should we count active provinces whose land has yet to be sold? Seems a bit unfair...)
I count 13 active provinces. Yes, it's going to be hard on some folks to keep landed titles with so much territory sitting fallow but thems the breaks.

These are the problems I think may stand in my way, but otherwise, I should be able to get to work.
This last question really doesn't apply to my upcoming efforts to revamp the registry, but from personal interest. While I am still in office, we are in a monarchy, I can create a royal bloodline and double my income from titles, right? This seems rather excessive...

Yup. It's good to be the king. You actually already have a royal bloodline even if you weren't the President (from the King title that is being restored.)

Note
To keep a title landed a person needs 50% of the land requirements to gain that title.

Top Bottom