RPG Ground Rules Discussion

Right now, your character having a Spouse/Child is fine, just as long as you don't drag them into other peoples stories you've enter. Sure, you can talk about them or complain about them during the course of the story, but they don't make an appearance. Now if you are running the story (or if the person running the story) gives you permission for them to make an appearance, it's fine.

Ermm, Personaly. I would like to have my NPC spouse hang around me in other poeple's story, so long as they dont effect the other charater.

CivGeneral said:
Ermm, Personaly. I would like to have my NPC spouse hang around me in other poeple's story, so long as they dont effect the other charater.

That's what I don't want is people dragging there NPC's into other peoples story-telling. If the story-teller agree's, than it should be fine, but people should not be allowed to control anything more than what there characters actions are.

Strider said:
That's what I don't want is people dragging there NPC's into other peoples story-telling. If the story-teller agree's, than it should be fine, but people should not be allowed to control anything more than what there characters actions are.
Personaly, I do whant people draging there NPC's into other people's story telling so long as it does not effect the other persion's character (IE, Item trades, killings, etc)

CivGeneral said:
Personaly, I do whant people draging there NPC's into other people's story telling so long as it does not effect the other persion's character (IE, Item trades, killings, etc)

Well, the thing is is that if we give the slightest slack on it we would have people trying to tell the story-teller "Well my characters brother that came along was out wondering around and he saw the people coming to ambush us and came back and told us, so we didn't get ambushed." That's what I don't want to see happening, and that what will happen if we gives the slightest of slack on this.

Strider said:
Well, the thing is is that if we give the slightest slack on it we would have people trying to tell the story-teller "Well my characters brother that came along was out wondering around and he saw the people coming to ambush us and came back and told us, so we didn't get ambushed." That's what I don't want to see happening, and that what will happen if we gives the slightest of slack on this.
That is just restrictive. I just want the freedom I had in DG2's RPG to be able to have my RPG spouse tag along with me and be part of the stories that I am in.

CG we never had extra characters in DG2 from what i remember as manager in that, i can never remember there being 15 BCLG100's wandering around the forum. i think pretty much eeveryone is against this so its not gonna happen.

CivGeneral said:
That is just restrictive. I just want the freedom I had in DG2's RPG to be able to have my RPG spouse tag along with me and be part of the stories that I am in.

It's the only type of restrictions were going to put in place. The rules are to make sure that everyone has fun and to protect that. People will not like it if your over there making your character make out with your spouse 24/7. Unless your the person running the story, you have no say over anything except your characters actions. This is the way it should be, the story-teller has almost complete control of what happens during the story, and doesn't have to put up with someone trying to change it.

BCLG100 said:
CG we never had extra characters in DG2 from what i remember as manager in that, i can never remember there being 15 BCLG100's wandering around the forum. i think pretty much eeveryone is against this so its not gonna happen.
Well, I still want to have my NPC character to be in the stories that I am still in. So long as I refer to them as a first persion from my POV.

Well, I've got this done, at least:

Merits:
Common Sense
Calm Heart
Self-Confident
Perfect Balance

Flaws:
Compulsion
Overconfident
Absent-Minded

The flaws were a necesity as Epimethius, meaning After-Thought (Promethius, Epimethius's more successful brother, was Fore-Thought, and thus did better at say, remembering to do things such as turning on the shower fan, which Epimethius would generally remember to do after getting out of the shower. :p ). I had to have some merits to make up for them, so I just picked some other things.

As for a name, if someone could tell me what Japanese for "After Thought" is, I'll probably just run that all together. :p

Oh, and can I have a harem eventually? :p

Serious Historical Note: Epimethius was the demi-god brother of Promethius (I think he was a titan or something) who created all the animals in Greek mythology. He was married to Pandora, the hot but curious woman who unleashed all human nature upon humanity. Promethius supposably created mankind and then brought them fire.

Umm, we have not started yet :p.

Errr Epi, right now were mainly considering laws by all means start with your RPG character but for the time being there wont be that much for him to do. :)

Anyway, I have an Idea to toss into the bucket.

How about a titles of Nobility from DG2. Though the only difference with this one is that, to earn a title of Nobility, you earn them via tournaments and/or prises given to the best story teller.

To note, the Titles of Nobility should use the titles commonly used in Japanese Nobility insted of the European baised titles. :).

yer, thats a good idea but how would you implement it i tournaments? are you thinking in line with my comment earlier about the best story teller thing?

BCLG100 said:
yer, thats a good idea but how would you implement it i tournaments? are you thinking in line with my comment earlier about the best story teller thing?
Something like that in regards to the best story teller thing. Though IMO, I beleve that everyone should have an equal chance at getting a title of nobility because, not everyone is good at writing a good story ;).

For the tournaments, we can use the weaponry skills from the character skill listings.

well yes but being best story teller, should be given a title that no body else can have, then lose it as soon as he/she is not chief story teller.

BCLG100 said:
well yes but being best story teller, should be given a title that no body else can have, then lose it as soon as he/she is not chief story teller.

Well, I was thinking not of the "Best Story Teller," but more of an award to people who play there character exceptional well. IE: There character is Absent Minded, and they actually play it that way.

Here is the ruleset for the Merit/Flaw system:

Additional Merit/Flaw Advanced Ruleset
Merit/Flaws are an optional part used to give your character spice.

* You can not have more than five Merits

* For each Merit your character has he must have a flaw

Merits are not always good, as Flaws are always bad. A person with the Merit Huge Size presents a bigger target to archers where as a person with the flaw short presents a smaller target.

Current Merit/Flaws:

Merits:
Photographic Memory
Code of Honor
Common Sense
Concentration
Calm Heart
Self-Confident
Animal Magnetism
Ambidextrous
Natural Linguist
Daredevil
Perfect Balance
Jack-Of-All-Trades
True Love
Danger Sense
True Faith
Huge Size

Flaws:
Compulsion
Nightmares
Overconfident
Phobia
Speech Impediment
Low-self Image
Deranged
Hatred
Amnesia
Confused
Weak-Willed
Absent-Minded
Hard of Hearing
Bad Sight
Uneducated
Insane Past Life
Twisted Upbringing
Mute
Short

you could also include loyalty, both good and bad.

btw are we going to elect one or 2 people to lead this, allowing rules and the such like to be written up quickely and easily?

i think it should be 2 people so if one has to leave or whatever, nominations are welcome, though it would be good if we could get this wrapped up quickely :)

Top Bottom