RtW: Add-On Pack 2 Release!

Cheers :)

I will try and play it over the weekend and provide some feedback, if possible, though for the next two weeks i have exams, so update and thoughts might be few and far between but after that i will try and get a proper review done :)

again to anyone willing to help-
i think i have AOP2 installed in the correct folder, but when i start up civilization there is no rtw sceniario(new or old). if anyone can give information it would be much appreciated.

Are you running Mac or Windows? Are you running Vista or XP? Firefox or Internet Explorer? If anything but Windows, XP with IE I cannot be much help.

In XP, IE seems to by default DL things to the following directory

My Computer/"_sk8er's_ Documents"/My Received Files

I'd look in there to see if that is where the DL went to.

Note, the _sk8er's_ above will be whatever your name is entered in as when you log on to your machine (e.g., "Bob MacKenzie," "Uncle Jones," or whatever)

Now as to where the original RTW folder went to . . . Did you rename it or move the directory?

Do you know how to do screen caps? If so, do a screen cap of the following directories and post them

C:program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civ4/Beyond the Sword

and

C:program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods

Anthropoid and J.Harker,
thnx for ur help i got the rtw folder up and running

Clean install of BTS 3.13 and RTW2, played fine from start until september 1939 when I get constant crashing.

Try to invade a city? Crash.
Try to end turn? Crash.
Try to load save? Crash.

Nice mod, but pretty disappointing with all the crashing making it unplayable.

Clean install of BTS 3.13 and RTW2, played fine from start until september 1939 when I get constant crashing.

Try to end turn? Crash.
Try to load save? Crash.

Unfortunately your system is probably not up to the job. I get similar behaviour when I try to play on my laptop, one maybe two turns then a crash. But I played on my desktop last night four three hours without a single crash. Better graphics card, faster processor and more RAM all add up to better RtW experience :)

Dan

Hey Danrh,

I have got what I thought was a pretty solid rig, and although I get slowed down turn times on enormous huge maps, I have had very few CTDs with Civ4. However, I too started getting similar CTDs in about the same time frame. I wondered if maybe it was because I had made copious use of the line drawing and text in the Strategy map layer.

Windows XP Home Edition SP2 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz 1024MBRAM DirectX 9.0c RADEON X300/X550 Series128.0 MB

Doesn't that look like a pretty solid rig eh?

Hey Danrh,

I have got what I thought was a pretty solid rig, and although I get slowed down turn times on enormous huge maps, I have had very few CTDs with Civ4. However, I too started getting similar CTDs in about the same time frame. I wondered if maybe it was because I had made copious use of the line drawing and text in the Strategy map layer.

Windows XP Home Edition SP2 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz 1024MBRAM DirectX 9.0c RADEON X300/X550 Series128.0 MB

Doesn't that look like a pretty solid rig eh?

Certainly does, a little better than mine in fact. Dunno whats going on then. I do certainly get a good stable result compared to my laptop. I'm not familiar with the strategy layer map? EDIT actually having looked at it again my laptop has a 7300 Nvidia series card while my desktop has a 7600 series. From what I can see the 7300 is about equal to your Radeon card while the 7600 is quite a step up.

Dan

Try to end turn? Crash.
Try to load save? Crash.

Provide the save game.
Thanks

Yeah, I'm going through all the saves in this thread. Some don't crash for me. Which leads me to believe this mod is a little too big for some rigs still. :)

Unfortunately your system is probably not up to the job. I get similar behaviour when I try to play on my laptop, one maybe two turns then a crash. But I played on my desktop last night four three hours without a single crash. Better graphics card, faster processor and more RAM all add up to better RtW experience :)

Dan

3.2 ghz P4 duo, 4gb ram, 2x 8800 gts 512 SLi... I dont think my computer is the problem. I'll post the save in a bit.

3.2 ghz P4 duo, 4gb ram, 2x 8800 gts 512 SLi... .

Holy crap! 4gB of RAM!?! I didn't even think that was possible! :D

3.2 ghz P4 duo, 4gb ram, 2x 8800 gts 512 SLi

Half of that would be better than my computer :eek:

Here are a couple saves:

brom -> invading a city causes a crash about 7/10 times I attempt it
brom4 -> ending the turn here causes a crash during the computers moves

Dale,thnx alot for developing the new mod. it really adds to the game.

I was thnking of some additions to the game. if possible, i have no understanding of how difficult or time consuming making ajustments are.

Allowing italy and Germany to contribute troops to nationalist spain and Russia contributing to republican spainin the spanishcivilwar wud be addition though keeping the latter from capturing cities for themselves may be a problem.

The Arab revolt in the middle east in iraq would as well be an interesting addition.

being able to become nations like nationalist spain in '36 and arabia in 40-41 would also add to the game. using a late starting system similar to the rfc scenarios.

Other gameplay additions could include a event version including historic events but allowing nations to declare war or change civs, similar to open play.

Another idea could be expanding rtw into the first world war and/or turn of the 20th
century which could include the spanish american war and the italo-turkish war.

again i dont know anything about making new game mods and am sorry if any of these ideas are un helpful

Yeah, I'm going through all the saves in this thread. Some don't crash for me. Which leads me to believe this mod is a little too big for some rigs still. :)

so not all saves crash for you, but some do. I've been trumpeting one point over and over and haven't heard much from you about it: loading games from saves.

Is this an accepted bug? Is it only occuring in certain game options? Is it presumed to be a user system/rig issue? is there someone who can say that they can load saves from add-on pack 2?

And if there is a problem loading saves, how can you test the saves posted here?

sincerely, dazed n confuzed

Yes, there is a problem with save games. I have mentioned this once before (early on in the thread). However, a work around was found.

In regards to me loading the posted saves, most load some crash. How can I determine what is crashing certain games? Well, I have the code and run the save through a debug version and it tells me what file and line number of the code it is crashing on.

So yes, I know the cause of the crash. Fixing it, however, is a completely different story. The cause is that for some weird reason the game loses access to the Swedish leaders art files, specifically the flag, and this causes a crash. It also causes the name to disappear from the list to be replaced by "[]". But it does not result in a guarenteed crash. Only sometimes.

So now that you know the cause, care to help solve it? You have all the code and files with you.

The last time I played RTW, the AI kept razing the cities it conquered : the german AI razed all Poland !( losing much potential production I think) Has this strange behavior been changed in V2 ?

Top Bottom