1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RtW: Add-On Pack 2 Release!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by Dale, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Grognard fantome

Dale thanks for all your work. I know it'll all get straightened out in time :) Patience is virtue.

I have been uber-procrastinating this summer, and if I want to get tenure in 5 years I have absolutely GOT to get some work done during June July-August. But I'll be lurking and if you need some one to test some changes or something just let me know.

2. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Can someone please tell me how to do the "work around" to save games. I read there is a trick you can do. Can someone please lay it out on here in step by step directions? Also, do you think guys think that "Arty" after artillery would be a good name for a dog or cat?

3. danrh

danrh Warlord

I've had some success with two methods. The first is to start a new example of the scenario you've been playing with all the same settings etc. After its opened then try loading up your previously saved game.

The other method which I had PM'ed to me recently by BigBaldDaddy is to start your game from the WBS (World Builder Save) file, ie the Scenario file found in the public maps folder of your RtW mod. To load up a save game first start the scenario again from the WBS file and when it loads to the player selection screen "Go Back" and then load your save.

This second method is so far working well for me playing the 1939 scenario. I've got my fingers crossed it will also work when I finish some updates to my personal RtW variation.:please:

Hope this helps

Dan

4. boxNJ

boxNJ Chieftain

Why not replace Sweden with a country that participated more in the war (just a suggestion) same with Turkey,:king:

5. LaCiencia

LaCiencia Data is Power

This worked perfectly for me. Thks:goodjob:

6. boxNJ

boxNJ Chieftain

Dale told me last week the add-on pack for BTS 317 would be out this week some time has anyone heard anything? :king: boxNJ

7. boxNJ

boxNJ Chieftain

Dale told me last week the add-on pack for BTS would be out this week some time has anyone heard anything? :king: boxNJ

8. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

The save games load this way, unfortionatly the game crashes at the end of the turn. It is not fair, not fair at all! I just wanted to bring peace to the world. My armies were liberators. Its just not fair, I had almost liberated the entire world, I was going to be ruler of the world, then the game crashed! The crash would not end, NOT FAIR NOT FAIR NOT FAIR! :( :( :( :(

9. boxNJ

boxNJ Chieftain

Were you using the NEW patch BTS 317?
    BoxNJ :king:

10. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

No, I was not.

11. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

This new patch 3.17 is horrible! The Road to War mod does not work at all now because of it. I HATE IT!. ITS NOT FAIR AT ALL! NOT FAIR! I hope Dale is on the phone right now with the makers of it telling them what he thinks of it. I am sure he will work night and day for a fix to this intolerable situation. This is the worst thing that has ever happened in my entire life! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

12. Dale

Dale Deity

Did you read here? :) http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=279426

Only way to get a "working" RtW for 3.17 at this point is to reinstall BtS and then run 3.17 patch. But it won't have any of the Add-on civs or maps (yet). :)

Otherwise, about a week to go. Final testing of changes complete, finishing the scripted events for '36 - Global Assault. :)

13. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

So if I wait a week from now, I won't have to re-install BTS with 3.17? Your new patch and work will make it work in about a week from now? I don't mind waiting two weeks if this is the case.

14. Dale

Dale Deity

Yes, Add-on Pack 3 for BtS 3.17 will again be a full version. In about a week. :)

That'll mean it's as simple as delete the "Road to War" folder and install AOP3, just like the other two add ons. :)

15. deanej

deanej Deity

Or move the original folder. That way if a new patch comes out you can delete AOP3, restore the old folder, and then patch with no BtS reinstall necessary.

16. v_1993

v_1993 Chieftain

Yes!!! Just in time for the Aussie holidays!

Dale, could you give an estimate on how big the download file will be?

17. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Its the new mod ready yet? I am ready to play it right now :) Also will arty be toned down a bit? ^======^

18. deanej

deanej Deity

I remember hearing on the latest episode of ModCast that Dale would balance the artillery better.

19. DoubleRD77

DoubleRD77 Warlord

Why does it say chieftan next to my name? I can beat the game on chieftan about 2 out of 3 times. I once even beat the game on warlord. Why does it not say warlord next to my name?

20. Dale

Dale Deity

Your "rank" is determined by how many posts you have. ;)

You need to post more spam. :D