RtW: Add-On Pack 3 BETA for 3.17

No nothing's happening to global warming, and no I didn't ignore your argument. :)

Wierd weather patterns (ie: Eastern Europe's wildest winters ever and the Sahara's hotest summers ever) occured during this time. Besides, don't nuke so much. :p

Alright, though I wouldn't attribute those unusual weather patterns to pollution made global warming, I guess it does add an interesting conflict anyways.

Also I am not sure if i's just me, but in my last few games I've noticed Germany is disbanding most of its powerful starting army. I've seen it in my game with the UK and USSR, as well as the USA. Germany is handicapped when WW2 starts as a result.

Also when playing as Germany, my anti-air guns tend to completely destroy the Maginot line, making going through the Netherlands unnecessary. I'm not sure if this was intended.

Also sorry if I seem curt and a bit rude. It's not a all intended! I just want to help make this mod the best mod possible. :)

Let me guess, Europe 39?

Hmm I should also add I really think the anti-air gun is a tad too powerful. It's almost an exploit. In my last game as Germany, all I had to do was spam them before the invasion of Poland, and then just wait a few turns as they devastated France--I conquered Poland the old way because the USSR would have taken it--to the point that the Maginot line was gone, and entire cities were left empty. After this all I had to do is roll in a small army to finish off the last handful of units France had left.

-I would like to add I think Japanise units should be stronger then 5....at least in my game on Diety Japan with its weak units is at war with china..but has failed to invade at all yet..and its 1939...
-Yes British Troops I think are too strong..I outproduce the germans and can deffend France awesomly....as a matter of fact France neverlost 1 city becuz i put all my land troops in france with city deffender promotions..and i guess it helped that germany hasnt sent their men into france even though theyve been at war with em for a while..and are at war with the lowlands..

-Is it just me or is the AI ridiciously stupid, and non aggresive..unwilling to attack

-1 more note..Aircraft are RIDICIOUSLY cheap to produce..i spam aircraft and infantry and there I go the game is won just like that..aircraft wipe out everything

-and most importantly..it would be nice to have a way to turn Bitter Winter off..it makes the game take forever in between turns..or at least it seems to because it takes the longest in between turns when its making a lot of Bitter Winter tiles

I just tried another game..this time on Europe map..of course same thing happened..Germany not aggresive enough..(all in historical play)..UK infantry wipes the floor when compared to German Infantry..Faster easier to produce and get awesome deffence promotions cuz characteristic of leader....I noticed the colonies produced faster then the home british islands...i can see india producing decently..but africa? it produces way faster then the british isles..maybe this can be fixed by adding more resources to homeland and taking some away from africa

The AI doesnt seem to like to use boats to transport units...I know this is a issue with CIV4 in general..just stating this..maybe theres things out there that make the AI smarter or stronger and make them use boats more to transport units...in my games the UK never likes invades mainland europe..in both global assault and Europe map(this is on diety)..and america never likes to land troops in Europe either...nor do they like taking jap islands

-1 more weird thing I find is well just weird..Chinese Infantry are super powerful and easy to produce..Im shure this is done to compensate for the chinese loosing so much land to the japs...but in my games the japs never want to take any chinese citys..they did take 1..but they lost it..jap troops are way to weak...they dont want to invade so they should be made somehow or just make em stronger:)

No I didn't misunderstand you. The FIRST time you said swap the planes which I did (and forgot to swap the graphics) and the SECOND time you said swap the graphics, which is done.

Check the . .. .. .. .ing game before going off!

Sorry Dale, I didn't mean to sound angry in my previous post. Just based on how people were commenting I thought that you might have changed it back wrongly. And I can't check the game right now, as my computer is having trouble reading discs, which means I can't test anything or work on the Huge Europe for a little while.

I noticed Road to War Ultimate Edition has been released..is this more current changes then the beta pack 3? if so i better get downloading..

Hold off on DL'ing for a day. Will probably update it for the AI disbanding thing.

Sorry Dale, I didn't mean to sound angry in my previous post. Just based on how people were commenting I thought that you might have changed it back wrongly. And I can't check the game right now, as my computer is having trouble reading discs, which means I can't test anything or work on the Huge Europe for a little while.

No problems. :)

Hold off on DL'ing for a day. Will probably update it for the AI disbanding thing.

so I take it the Ultimate edition has more current things in it than the add on pack 3..That is great news!

Ya ill hold off on d loading for a day since you plan to update it for the AI disbanding

Overall Id have to say the beta was fun..the big things that where wrong seem to have gotten fixed..though some remain but they are problems with CIV4 in general..not with your mod

Yeah there's a lot of problems with the BtS AI. Personally I would've been happy with the vanilla AI. I think it was a lot more raw aggressive than the BtS AI. The Warlords AI was way too passive, and then aggression was re-added for BtS AI but no where near enough.

And unfortunately I'm no Soren or Blake, dunno how to program AI. :(

Yeah there's a lot of problems with the BtS AI. Personally I would've been happy with the vanilla AI. I think it was a lot more raw aggressive than the BtS AI. The Warlords AI was way too passive, and then aggression was re-added for BtS AI but no where near enough.

Hopefully colonization AI is more aggressive and smarter

It's right that Desert War mod shows an interesting AI, very aggressive and efficient on many points. I don't know what is exactly this vanilla thing but in the complete edition and in Mac version even with Warlord installed the mod works very well. Still has a few weakness, the main are that most sea attack with too small number of troops and air importance is a little under evaluated. But it has real strength like destroying roads and isolate town before to weaken it and take it. Also working fine is battle lost for wining counter attack, works better with ships but still see it on earth battle. It also knows to cumulate some troops at some part and take you busy will small attacks on another part. Also working well is a plane pressure by bombing economy stuff or damaging troops attacking.

But in no way Warlords has a passive AI. Warlord is definitely underestimated on the net it worth much better than what people say and repeat without to have play it. If the mod subjects aren't very appealing their gameplay is very different and well done. And the AI is extremely aggressive.

The AI doesnt seem to like to use boats to transport units...I know this is a issue with CIV4 in general..
Well not it's not true. I played version of RtW where German was taking French harbour with 3 transports of strong troops and air support. Well got me each time and surprised me first time but the major weakness is how AI unlearned how important are roads when invading and don't destruct them anymore. Result was that each time it was a final major battle win for me and Harbour taken back at the price of some buildings lost, but not a ship problem for the AI.

I don't think it would be possible to use colonization AI for this mod. Colonization isn't a civ4 expansion, it's an entirely new game.
? my comment had nothing to do with using Colonization AI for this MOD..and it isn't entirely new..its built using the CIV4 Engine

Well not it's not true. I played version of RtW where German was taking French harbour with 3 transports of strong troops and air support. Well got me each time and surprised me first time but the major weakness is how AI unlearned how important are roads when invading and don't destruct them anymore. Result was that each time it was a final major battle win for me and Harbour taken back at the price of some buildings lost, but not a ship problem for the AI.

I was talking about like the AI Britain not wanting to land troops in France for example..seems to be because its a different land mass.

O and Vanilla=CIV4 Vanilla is just CIV4 without any expansions

I was talking about like the AI Britain not wanting to land troops in France for example..seems to be because its a different land mass.
I have another example, still with older RtW version, again the attacker had cities on the same land mass but troops was coming from another land mass. It was Italian doing a massive assault with 3 full transports to attack a French city in North Africa.

That said I have two example of transport assault on a mass land with no city, but I cannot remember more. Both example was with older RtW version and both was with USA taking a German town but at a point where French I was playing and USSR was finishing destroying German. In one case that was with 2 transports and another with only one.

I agree that in general country on other mass land that could eventually attack to another mass land seems to not doing it well except for planes attack.

In Desert War that points works much better but attack from sea are too often with only one transport and often done despite the move is desperate and not followed by another assault to take profit of the first attack. There are sometimes sea attack with 2 transports but it's rare.

Also in Desert War the AI doesn't know to attack directly from the sea but instead land the troop near the city and then attack, in BTW the AI knows first reduce defender strength with air support and then attack the city directly from the transport.

O and Vanilla=CIV4 Vanilla is just CIV4 without any expansions
Really? Well in the original release of CIV4 there wasn't the Desert War mod. So this Mod is working with the complete edition (or mac version) but you have to launch the civ4 application, not Warlords or BTS and the adaptation to BTS seems requiring many little changes in xml files, if not more, too bad because BTS interface is much better and I would be curious to see how this mod perform with BTS AI.

I have another example, still with older RtW version, again the attacker had cities on the same land mass but troops was coming from another land mass. It was Italian doing a massive assault with 3 full transports to attack a French city in North Africa.

That said I have two example of transport assault on a mass land with no city, but I cannot remember more. Both example was with older RtW version and both was with USA taking a German town but at a point where French I was playing and USSR was finishing destroying German. In one case that was with 2 transports and another with only one.

I agree that in general country on other mass land that could eventually attack to another mass land seems to not doing it well except for planes attack.

In Desert War that points works much better but attack from sea are too often with only one transport and often done despite the move is desperate and not followed by another assault to take profit of the first attack. There are sometimes sea attack with 2 transports but it's rare.

Also in Desert War the AI doesn't know to attack directly from the sea but instead land the troop near the city and then attack, in BTW the AI knows first reduce defender strength with air support and then attack the city directly from the transport.

Really? Well in the original release of CIV4 there wasn't the Desert War mod. So this Mod is working with the complete edition (or mac version) but you have to launch the civ4 application, not Warlords or BTS and the adaptation to BTS seems requiring many little changes in xml files, if not more, too bad because BTS interface is much better and I would be curious to see how this mod perform with BTS AI.
North Africa is connected to Europe..so its the same landmass...Britain is seperate though

I bought Civ 4 bts expansion pack from the store, downloaded the patch 317 (much cooler than 313) but my computer runs too slow when I play road to war. I am trying to figure out how to turn off bitter winter, but I cannot figure it out. I tried openning the file \Beyond the Sword\Mods\The Road to War\Assets\Python\CvRtWEventManager.py in notepad or widows explorer but it tells me the file does not exist. I get as far as \assets\ but no python folder? Anyone have any clue?

Top Bottom