Rumsfeld's Long List of Failures

Sanaz

Gorilla Joe
Rumsfeld's Long List of Failures

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/opinion/la-oe-lewis24may24,1,1254714.story

No subscription needed here:

http://www.thedailycamera.com/bdc/insight/article/0,1713,BDC_2494_2923008,00.html

Definitely biased, that's why it's in the op-ed pages. If you're a die-hard Rummy fan, you may not like it much.
By the normal standards of business or government, Donald Rumsfeld should long since have resigned or been fired as secretary of defense.
But then, Rumsfeld's boss has shown that responsibility for disaster does not matter. "You are a strong secretary of Defense," President Bush told him this month, "and the nation owes you a debt of gratitude."

rmsharpe said:
Why do I have a feeling this is all about Abu Grab?
Actually the second paragraph is:
The reason is not ideology, nor is it his role in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal, horrifying though that may be. The reason is incompetence. His record in Iraq over the last 13 months is the most dramatically incompetent performance by a public official in recent American history.
Some of us have thought Rumsfeld is completely incompetent for a lot longer than the last month. This latest is just a symptom of a deep problem, namely, lack of regard for basic human rights.

rmsharpe said:
Why do I have a feeling this is all about Abu Grab?

I wonder what is going on at guatanamo beach, and also into afgansitan jail, When a cowboy is leading the war team :hatsoff: :ninja: expect some :satan: :devil2:

I've heard about what goes on at Guantanamo, and the prisoners there do it themselves. It gets graphic, but you might as well start off at the "A's" - "A" is for anal insertion of objects intended for prisoner hygene, specifically toothpaste.

"B" is for I'd better stop here. :lol:

@rmsharpe

In the documenary Fog of War, one of Robert McNamara's life lessons is to always "empathize with your enemy." Try that on for size.

Seriously have people thought throu Why the abuses are counter productive ???

If 60-70% of all prisoners are innocent and pick up randomly. How many will inpecabily will end up hateing the US ? How many will support the terrorist ? How many will spread stories of the Abuse? and Finally how many will become Terrorist ? Weight this against the information gained from terrorist ? And the psychological and poltical damage are huge.

I advocated Truth drugs and lie detectors. (That little I know about interrogration)

" the current OSD (Office of the Secretary of Defense) refused to listen or adhere to military advice." 2004

_

Duddha said:
@rmsharpe

In the documenary Fog of War, one of Robert McNamara's life lessons is to always "empathize with your enemy." Try that on for size.

That great advice coming from the man to engineer the only war the United States has ever lost. Between that and Nicolae telling Elena "there's nothing to worry about" I'm not sure which statement should carry more weight in my mind.

Tassadar said:
I wonder what is going on at guatanamo beach, and also into afgansitan jail, When a cowboy is leading the war team :hatsoff: :ninja: expect some :satan: :devil2:
Remember the Briton who sold his story after being released from Guatanamo and nobody believed him? :sad:

After the Iraq scandal, we can't really doubt what he said.

Yes, we can. Apparently innocent until proven guilty does not apply to the United States armed forces.

rmsharpe said:
That great advice coming from the man to engineer the only war the United States has ever lost. Between that and Nicolae telling Elena "there's nothing to worry about" I'm not sure which statement should carry more weight in my mind.

You lost the war of 1812 too.

rmsharpe said:

Yes, and that life lesson comes from losing a war. One learns from their mistakes. Appearently you don't want to learn from history.

whatever, no major wars have been lost. That one is only pointed out by Canadians anyway

American civil War ??

Rumsfeld should have resigned long ago over the disaster of post-war planning and his error-prone attempts at diplomacy. When the Brits start questioning American actions you know that something major is wrong.

rmsharpe said:
Yes, we can. Apparently innocent until proven guilty does not apply to the United States armed forces.

Nor for the Iraqi people... :mischief:

Dont forget Rumsfield fought too and nail against the counter-terrorism bill
since 600Mil would come from hes pet project "ballistic missle defence"

That was Aug 8th 2001

_

Top Bottom