Rupert Murdoch getting slapped at the inquiry..literally

nonconformist

Miserable
Anyone see this live?

It was funny enough the first time, but the BBC played replays over and over again, I counted at least 20 repeats of the footage during the 15 minute recess, not including the slow-mo ones.

I think the BBC's really stretching its whole impartiality thing, but on this occasion, I really don't mind, they might as well stick the bloody boot in.

Footage for those who haven't seen:

Link to video.

Aww... you don't actually get to see it.

That was a beautiful face-palm that the women slapped onto him. I lol'd :lol:

Hopefully after this scandal is over with the Murdoch Empire as a whole will be shut down on both sides of the pond.

I saw it live, it's a shame that Murdoch and co come out of it pretty well.

The BBC identify the assailant as activist and comedian Jonnie Marbles... he clearly takes his idea of comedy from circus clichés. Still, he's a step up from Frankie Boyle.

The money it happened, you could hear the voices of a million liberals screaming like it was a penalty shootout against Germany

I wish there was a camera angle that would let us actually see Murdoch getting hit with the pie.

Murdoch earlier said it was the most humble day of his life, then got slapped with a pie. A headline writer's dream. Unless your newspaper is owned by Murdoch, obviously.

it has been reported that Murdoch PR people were heard to say that it was good PR for him.

it has been reported that Murdoch PR people were heard to say that it was good PR for him.

It was. Anything that diverts attention away from the actual point of the inquiry can only help Murdoch. Some people will even feel sorry for him, he is an old man after all. I find it difficult to feel any sympathy for him but the pie thrower is an idiot and well done to Mrs Murdoch for smacking him.

Some people will even feel sorry for him, he is an old man after all.
To be honest, I think that the sort of people who are unable to tell the difference between your average pensioner and a rancid billionaire warlock were never going to come out of this with a very clear picture of what was going on.

I was thinking today he coulda been paid by a Murdoch outfit to do that. It diverts attention from the enquiry and it generatates some public sympathy.

I really got more of a rise from the blonde.

Top Bottom