S-04 HC's worst nightmare

I played 10 turns. There was a diplo vote 3 times, Loius didnt vote for us either time. Also, he asked us to cancel deals with Hatshepsut which I declined, so basically, I dont think even the defensive pact bonus if we get one will make him vote for us. I think the best plan now is to attack him right before the vote comes up, take 2 of his high pop cities which will give us diplo victory with hatty and our votes. We can take 36 pop from him in 2 turns I think, Ive started moving army towards his cities. I prefer to attack Loius rather than Kublai since he didnt vote for us :p.

Also combustion came in, research is on flight now. We can also go after space race victory if we want, our absolutely monster GNP means there is no chance anyone will be able to challenge that. I also set alot of workers on autmate because they really have nothing to do now.

Save:

Turns played, but I'm going to have to wait for tomorrow to give you guys a good report. Well, shoot... I might not have time tomorrow. I'll try.

The game is still going. We are at war with Louis, and Louis is not long for this earth. Hatty has a LOT of infantry, which made me move my butt after I thought I'd let them waste units on each other before joining in. But we are now putting the beats on Louis.

On research: we have just gotten Artillery. Do we turn off research now or pick up tanks first with Industrialization?

Again, full report tomorrow. But here is the save now

Shouldnt we have enough votes to vote ourselves in with the help of hatty with like 3 of loius's cities?

Got it. Play tonight.
I just looked at the GNP graph, state property effect was HUGE

Looks like it won't be long now until it's over. I really thought early on that we were just going to get overwhelmed by superior numbers and more advanced units. It's been a pleasure, now finish off the Frenchies blid!

I was hoping to take Paris :) but I only had 4 turns of play where I managed to take a single city, Pamplona, which was already weakened by the egyptians (thanks Hatty). The bastard Kublai demanded physics and was going to attack us (enough on his dirty hands). Too late amigo :

Meet the GNP graph

We killed too many civilians, you bad boys. But we killed a fair amount of longbows and cats too. We also proved to be quite intellectual, with libraries and theatres on the top builds

Hope HC got rid of his nightmares. Now, he's first of the class

Well played all and thanks sooooo for this diverting game. I am still looking for my north :crazyeye:

REPLAY

Sweet, we got there in the end :goodjob: :dance:

HC certainly got some payback in this game. No one's going to laugh at HIM anymore! Sure he may build warriors (OK, "special warriors") on emporer level, but he held off Monty, Izzy and Louis attacking at the same time! That was my favourite time of the game - good work holding those three off team!

It was a shame we had to punish Louis but he had it coming; voting for Kublai when he liked us much more.

Now I've tried Fantasy_Realm, I don't think I'll play it for a while. The outrageous benefit of state property makes this map really weird. If you could survive until communism on deity on this map, you'll probably win unless Mao or Stalin are around. Not that I'm going to try that.

Anyway, thanks for an enjoyable game team :D.

Good game all.

The State Property benefit was really just because we had a north south world wrap and the distance upkeep costs were treating it as a cylindrical map, right?

So the AI could receive the same bonus if need be, and if our benefit from State Property was so great it was probably only because our capital was so far north and our first several conquests were on the south edge of the map, most of the AIs weren't as badly hurt by it as we were. If Moscow didn't have silver and gems to compensate we couldn't have pulled it off.

Or is there something else you mean by the state property benefit? I don't think we abused the food bonuses from that civic, even though I did, for example, turn a fur camp in Cuzco into a watermill post electricity and communism.

I meant the maintenance reduction. But I don't think any of the AIs adopted it when they got communism, hence the advantage to the human player.

I've played on Fantasy Realm maps before and haven't noticed the huge maintenance costs you did, despite being close to the "bottom" of the map, but maybe I wasn't playing on a high enough difficulty for them to be a problem, or wasn't paying close enough attention. If that was the problem, do you know if the AIs were suffering from the same maintenance costs as you? If it was a wrapping issue, then if their empires did't sprawl across the line to the same extent yours did, they may not have had the same maintenance problems and thus not felt incented to switch to State Property. (In my experience, the AI is pretty good about doing that when it's appropriate.) You were also the only Financial civ remaining in the game to the end, and the effects of both State Property and Financial are greatly overstated in the GNP graph compared to actual tech/cash production.

Good game guys! My first Immortal win, and we did a good job of sticking it to the AI. Goes to show that when the land isn't ideal, it usually benefits the human even more, but we played it really well.

The AIs always have maintenance costs, research costs, etc. at the level of Prince Difficulty. We were playing Immortal, and upping the difficulty does up the maintenance costs.

That's a good point P. Not only were we straddling the north/south wrap line, we were paying human upkeep costs. Even with the same map position as we had the AI would have less incentive to revolt to State Property.

Top Bottom