Sample Game Directory

check your link again, it does not work

I also would like to check out Acid's games. Link doesn't work for me either. I saw one of his deity games where he got his ass kicked, but who can blame him.

Sadly, he has been missing for half a year now. I suspect he had to go back to college/university for fall term, maybe around Spring he'll return. Assuming he doesn't migrate to another game as happens a lot.

I think r_rolo1's point hits directly at the root of a problem I want to adress, and which other people have brought up with me privately, specifically, how far will we go in cataloging the games played on the forums?

I mean, if you go the Sucession Game forum, you will see that the format for the games often dreges up valuable tactical gems that can be used for profit for people on this forum. Also, the pace is often faster than the ALC/IC, so it is perfectly plausible to pick a few to watch a week, subscribe, and learn while lurking.

OTOH, I can't catalog all of the Sucession games here, as that's what the forum is for, and that would be redundant. Also, the scope of the SGs can sometimes be limited, as there are often crazy variants that add flavor, although debateably the RPC add flavor at the cost of strategy.

Quite a problem, eh? Thoughts?

The SG subforum has a registration thread, and you can find all of them there. I really think that that you should limit this to the Strategy and tips for the sake of coherence ( in spite of a good summulae of the SG games would be pretty handy as well ;) ... just for the sake of example, I'm pretty sure that a lot of people would really enjoy to read sand 01 ( rule: follow all the sid tips and blue circles :faint: ) , but they simply don't know that this particular SG existed )

Damn, I was reading in team game #5 where Acid said he was probably going to quit for good after that. Looks like he wasn't kidding.

yep acidsatyr mentionned several times he found civ boring, so I guess he now played world of warcraft instead.

I'm a big fan of SGs, and some crazy variants really help to get a grip on some strategic aspects.
Just look at the beat the clock one (if you can find it) :eek:

I'm a big fan of SGs, and some crazy variants really help to get a grip on some strategic aspects.
Just look at the beat the clock one (if you can find it) :eek:

Sounds interesting...

On another note, strange how Acid played civ and became a veteran if he found it boring. I knew he liked World of Warcraft more, but I never knew he had stopped playing for good.

:bump: for update (tm)

@ r_rolo1

How would one accomplish an SG summulae(i.e. what would one focus on)? It would seem easy enough, thank to the naming conventions, but it would be a huge undertakng. Still, I'd be willing.
Also, you and madscientist need to update your sections, but I can keep doing that if you wish.

Mine is updated......

About the SGs.... sorting them would require a lot on man-hours and some kind of database that would allow crossrefencing, because dsome series cover a lot of terrain ( like the famous LK series or even the PH one ) and it would be wise to have some sort of referencing of what was the objective, the means and what it was acheived ( maybe a css page would do ,but AFAIK CFC doesn't support that )... But after done it would be a major asset.

That's a thought, but yea, loooooong amount of work to go through with it.

Perhaps I throw out the idea, let those who want their games in post so, and add any thread they can think of, participated in, or hosted, and thus I could collect them on the first page, similar to theway it was done here.

I guess with nothing better to do without BtS...

about the SGs, when reading about it here, I tried to start a spreadsheet.

I gave up after a few hours.
It's just huge!
I think the only way to do it is to have a whole team work on it.

A few ideas, in no particular order:
- the registration thread is of no help, the best SGs didn't register
- early days of civ4 SGs aren't that great (too many things changed with patches and expansion packs)
- which leads to the following, any referencing should include at least :
1) the version (xpack and patch) under which the SG is played
2) the level and other specific settings (map type? speed? ...)
3) the goal/variant
4) the result
- an appreciation about learning potential/pleasure to read may be a bit subjective, but certainly useful.
- instead of an exhaustive reference, maybe a selection of the best SGs (from the referencer's point of view, no argument, no limit on the number of references = if anyone thinks another one needs to be referenced, he just need to give the information)?

Also take into account the 'No cottages'
series by Mutineer. They are very educational.

then there's the MLGs which provide another way to play, and the ' Trash' SGs which are educational too.

Very tiny nitpick, because I'm obsessive-compulsive like that... Can you add "1" to the first EMC link and correct the spacing for the fourth IC link? :D

Top Bottom