1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Saturn Embassy

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by General_W, May 12, 2009.

1. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

:salute: great work team!

Just catching up. Going to check the save now

2. Krill

Krill Chieftain

OK, Message sent.

3. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Message from Saturn

Woot.

On that note, is the rest of the team happy to ask for alphabet now, and research currency at 100%, so long as Saturn can get us maths when Kaz gifts it to them?

Currency is the only tech that we can realistically research; the other one being Civil Service, but that would take up to 20 turns, whereas we can get Currency by t98 at the latest.

4. Dreylin

Dreylin Cousin Itt!

Currency is good.

5. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

yes get us Alpha.

want me to ask in game?

also finish masonry next turn correct?

6. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Ideally Saturn send alpha this turn, and we start researching currency. We do not finish masonry until t94 to hide GLH/Pyramids for a little longer adn don;t risk anything weird happening to the overflow.

I'll write a quick email to Saturn.

Edit:

I don't want to add more because we're supposed to be getting a reply shortly.

Spoiler :
    Namaste Saturn,

Sorry to be brief (0800 here and I'm not a morning person) and for sending another email after hte previous on, and before you can reply, but we needed to get this out before you played hte save.

If you guys are happy with us researching currency next, can you please send alphabet to us this turn so we can start research asap? We'd be looking at an eta of t98 for finishing research.

Krill, Daimyo of Interior, SANCTA
    Money, get away,
    money, caviar, four star
    Money, it's a hit...

7. mostly-harmless

mostly-harmless Chieftain

Once the alliance is in the dry, we should inform them about our wonder plans to avoid double efforts and irritations.

mh

8. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Do we want to say something along the lines of, "this is what we're building", or "this is what we're planning on building if you're fine with it"?

9. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Message from Saturn:

My reply:

10. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

No discussion of wonders. Since I'm not much of a civ4 player, are these game or deal breaking type wonders? It would seem to me we need to communicate our intentions so they don't duplicate our build. Are there important wonders they would want to build that we can say we would help them with (through research path)?

11. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Well at this point Saturn can't build any of the 3 wonders.

Collosus needs MC and forge,they have neither so havn't invested, we could argue we should get this.

Pyramids and GLH need masonry which Saurn doesn't have yet either.
    So when we get Masonry that is when we tell them we are building those 2.

12. Krill

Krill Chieftain

1. Pyramids (game breaking)
    2. Collosus (critical importance, maybe game breaking)
    3. Great Lighthouse (minor, but still useful to us for various reasons)

And Saturn can't build any atm, nor could they realistically hope to build any of them before us.

I'm still sitting on the fence. I don't mind telling them, and think it would be pretty crappy of us to not tell them at all, but hey, sometimes you get paranoid.

13. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Ok so what is the next "must have" wonder? I'm just thinking in advance so we have something to negotiate with if they balk at us building these. Since they can't build these I think we should let them know and simply explain these were especially important to us considering the potential dogpile that was developing. Do they benefit in any way by us getting them?

14. Krill

Krill Chieftain

If we're sharing techs without taking into account beaker values, yeah, they benefit from us getting them; they all drastically increase the efficiency of our population (by comparison to Cav, every pop point that isn't dedicated to bring in food is up between 1.5 and 2 times as effective as a cav pop point).

The next must have wonder that we have a chance of competing for is possible Taj, to give a (free) GA. TBH if we are still in an alliance by that point the larger civ should get it (and that's proabbly going to be us) just because it'd be more effective.

15. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

I think Collosus we don't them, it has to be assumed by everyone we are building it.

Asfor the other 2, once we get masonry, in 3 turns we can look at it.

16. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Spoiler :
    Namaste Saturn,

We would like to thank you for the delivery of Alphabet, research into Currency has been started, and should be finished soon.

SANCTA feels that while we agree with you an all of the points in your previous letter, we should codify our alliance into a treaty form. We feel the attached treaty is a good starting point and contains all of the major points both teams have already agreed to, but if something has been missed please correct it.

Well, it's a big treaty. Article 3 in particular has been discussed quite thoroughly, to the extent we thought it best to phrase it as written, so any views you have on what would make that acceptable would be useful.

The one point that was in your email that isn't addressed in the above text is MS. Many on SANCTA agree with you that getting MS into the alliance would benefit us greatly, and are willing to approach them. How would you feel this is best achieved?

Krill, Daimyo of the Interior, SANCTA

Words, letters, all new
    bureaucratic ramblings on
    trust in others faith

Thoughts? I think it's too legalistic, and not warm enough, but it was never going to be.

17. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

it needs our seal and a spot for their seal. (that warms it up)

18. Krill

Krill Chieftain

I'm quite tempted to leave the treaty until G_W gets back so he can chat with Saturn about it; I don't think I can come across nice enough to not upset them.

Instead, I would favour sending a shortish letter saying that we will have ivory available in eot t94 to trade to them, and then segue into talking about trading resources between ourselves first and then to the outside world afterwards. Thoughts?

That is the last point that is in the proposed treaty that we haven't talked about, so I think if we do that, and send the treaty tomorrow or thursday, we'd probably get it signed by the end of the week.

19. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

yeah let's do that.

Might also want to mention we need CoL prior to T95. ask when they want MC.

20. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Spoiler :
    Namaste Saturn,

We would like to thank you for the swift delivery of alphabet, research into currency has been started.

On a slightly tangential matter, we will have a spare ivory hooked up by the end of turn 94, which we can gift to you if you are in need of happy resource. We feel that sharing resource between ourselves is a natural progression from free tech trading; we have several spare resources that we could trade with you, but unfortunately ivory are the only happy resource we can share until we get calendar.

SANCTA

Gifts from a far shore
    shapes of a distant nation
    with cordiality

If someone could figure out a way to end that letter I'd much appreciate it, because I don't have a clue how to do it...I'm not a diplomat.