1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Save the Mongols

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by tR1cKy, May 14, 2007.

1. carmen510

carmen510 Chieftain

:lol: Hilarious. Looking for more.

2. tR1cKy

tR1cKy taking over the world

2950 BC

The worker team has roaded the wheat tile and is now irrigating it. The first roman settler has been completed and is now going to build city #2.

Rome is back to size 1. Its active tile is now the wheat. A new warrior unit is being trained in the local barracks.

Meanwhile...

~~~ to be continued ~~~

---

welcome on board Carmen! Just in time for an update :D

3. carmen510

carmen510 Chieftain

4. Sashie VII

Sashie VII Balance of Power

5. tR1cKy

2900 BC

The second Roman city has finally been founded. Yes, that settler wasn't exactly smart, and you see it.

6. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

:lol: Following this. :D

7. killerkid

killerkid Chieftain

Like the variant.

8. tR1cKy

2590 BC

The Greeks have already started the Colossus. Scary.. but not too much since it's being built in Athens rather than the nearby settlement of Sparta. However, they're going to grow culturally to a point that holding the captured cities will be quite problematic.

In the homeland, the worker team has irrigated the wheat, mined another BG and now is connecting silks. Rome is training a few warriors, that will upgrade later (if there's iron) or use as MP (if there isn't).

Meanwhile...

~~~ to be continued ~~~

9. Vincour

Vincour Moderator Moderator

Ahahaha, seems funny :).

10. tR1cKy

2350 BC - things get serious

In the same interturn we've been contacted by the Celts and Carthage. Both of them offers to sell Ceremonial Burial. None of them were known before. That's quite bad news.

In short, we've been beaten on Writing for 9 turns. Someone (probably Greece) researched it, then sold contacts around, as well as the tech. No easy way to get Iron Working, then.

Both Greece, Carthage and Celts have knowledge of Writing, Iron Working, Ceremonial Burial, Masonry and the Wheel. We try to haggle around but the the only other tech we can buy is Masonry, for almost all our gold. Better refrain for the moment. We don't have an immediate need for that knowledge and it's quite possible we can buy it later for a discounted price.

But something can be done anyway. They have contact with 2 more civilization, specifically England and Egypt, but for some reason no one made them aware of us. Contact with them comes at an interestingly cheap price, and we decide to fork out the money.

What is discovered is even more interesting. England and Egypt are more advanced than us, but backwards from the other three civilizations. England knows Masonry, Ceremonial Burial and the Wheel. Egypt knows Masonry, Ceremonial Burial and Iron Working. Both of them have no knowledge Writing... and we're about to complete it. Perhaps some techs can be snatched anyway. We'll see soon.

Meanwhile, in the homeland, the 2nd settler unit has finally been trained in Idiot City... and it comes with a pleasant surprise:

~~~ to be continued ~~~

11. CivRulesAll

CivRulesAll The Void Beyond

how did that settler get so smart!!!!wastnt idiot city made up of idoiots?????
    ohh maybe the settler that produced in settlers city will be smart?

12. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff Kender

Radioactive waste causing genetic mutation :nuke: .

13. tR1cKy

2350 BC - interlude

Well... sometimes the unexplicable just happens :D

~~~ to be continued ~~~

14. Vincour

Vincour Moderator Moderator

What a way to add a spin to a story :)

15. bob rulz

bob rulz Chieftain

I love it so far! It's a very interesting twist, and quite funny, as well.

16. tR1cKy

:thanx:
    Thank you all :D

This part of the game is rather uneventful, i'm just developing a core. Of course there's a precise micromanagement, but it would be boring to simply talk about that. That's why i decided to of put some comics on it. Well, i'm glad you like the idea :)

Soon the game will change quite a lot. We'll have contact, invasions oversea and all the "save the mongols" part that is yet to begin. But i'll try to keep the humorous tone as long as i have the inspiration.

This story is now taking a little vacation. I'm going to start the new Civ3 GotM (Game of the Month) and i won't resume this game until the GotM is submitted. It's a nice competition, perhaps some of you readers are interested in joining it? New players are always welcome.

Here's the main GotM page:

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/

Here's the Civ3 GotM 68 page, where you are introduced to the current game and you can download the start save file.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/index.php?month=68

The pre-game discussion thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=227031

If you want to join in, please read the Code of Conduct first:

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/1st_visit.php#rules

If you need more information, contact me via PM and i'll be happy to reply.

See you soon readers! ;)

17. tR1cKy

Bad news coming.

I got a catastrophic failure on the hard disk. The primary partition is gone and i had to fdisk-format-reinstall it back. Among the lost things there are the saves of this game and the starting scenario file :(

I don't like the idea of quitting this thing. After the GotM session is over i'll try to recreate this game as best as possible. The screenshots are enough to duplicate the starting island, but the whole landmass with the opponents is quite a different task.

We'll see soon how i'll be successful in recovering this thing. Wish me good luck, fellow readers. I hope not to disappoint you.

18. civverguy

civverguy Chieftain

I'll wish you good luck :)

19. carmen510

carmen510 Chieftain

One day, the world (Of computers) will be rid of hard disk/drive failures...

20. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Good luck with your computer. I sure hope you can recreate this. If not, it's still been a blast to read thus far.