1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Saveconvert - change various settings in save file

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Utility Programs' started by Gyathaar, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Gyathaar

Gyathaar Warlock Retired Moderator GOTM Staff

Are you playing some kind of mod?

2. saint1979

saint1979 Heavy drinker

Nope, no mod.
    I tried to just open the program and write anything (like asdf) then i did hit enter, and the program closed it self so I dont think that its the save file cousing the problem. But maybe i missunderstood, do i have to have the game running?

3. Gyathaar

The program will exist if it dont find the file.. it should write out a message first thou.
    However if you are starting the program by just doubleclicking it, you prolly wont have time to see the message before it closes the window.. try to open a command prompt and then start the program from inside it.

4. OverloadUT

OverloadUT Stats Monkey

Can you explain what "[Does not] convert saves with 'lock modified assets' / 'no cheating' flag set" means? I turned on the "No Cheating" option in my PitBoss game way back before I even knew what it did - will I still be able to change the turn timer?

5. Gyathaar

I believe in patch v1.61 the game will automatically turn off this setting in multiplayer saves.. so if you are able to load the save in 1.61 pitboss (you know the admin password), then you should be able to.. not 100% sure thou.

6. OverloadUT

OverloadUT Stats Monkey

I just used it to change the turn timer, and it worked perfectly! Thank you for this awesome tool.

7. mickeyj

mickeyj Warlord

I've just converted a PitBoss game into a PBEM and it seemed to work fine but after loading up the turn timer is set to 2 minutes and ends the turn after the count down.

I've tried re-converting and changing the turn timer (tried 0 and 10) but it always seems to only give me 2 minutes. PBEM shouldn't have a turn timer at all.

Any suggestions?

I'm using 1.61

8. Gyathaar

Do you have a save?
    Problem might be that turntimers dont change till it goes on to the next turn.. that is after all the human players and AIs have played

9. Keith_C

Keith_C Warlord

Will this work with warlords saves?

10. Gyathaar

Not yet...

11. Keith_C

Keith_C Warlord

Ah well - cheers for the reply!

12. Gary King

Gary King Prince

Hopefully it'll work with Warlords soon. Thanks!

13. upstart

upstart Warlord

Just adding another request for a warlords version... seems like one of the most useful utils out there at the moment... and thanks for all your work!

14. Gyathaar

Ok.. added a version that also works on warlords saves.

I have not tested all options in warlords thou, so let me know if something dont work

15. EmilH

EmilH Chieftain

Could you add an option to change leader's name? I'm having a problem with pitboss (the admin console is not painting) and I'm guessing that this is caused by a player using non english chars in it's name.

16. romelus

romelus NUCULAR!

will this work on a mod save for warlord? i tried it, but after entering the file name the program does nothing.

17. Gyathaar

It depends on the mod.. some mods adds extra game options or do other things to the save that the program doesnt know about.. in that case the program will crash (I dont check to see if everything the program does is legal on non standard saves) and may look like it does nothing

18. civfanphp

civfanphp Chieftain

Its a great utility! :goodjob:

One thing that would be nice though is converting multiplayer to singleplayer if possible so that I could use worldbuilder and then change it back to multiplayer.

19. Gyathaar

umm.. it should already be able to do that

Edit: hmm.. guess not...

Edit2: Oh yeah.. I disabled that because allowing that would make it really easy to cheat in multiplayer games...

20. civfanphp

civfanphp Chieftain

Yeah, I figured. But I only play with my sister and she is not so good. (She doesn't even like to play against me.) Then when she is losing, she gives up and we don't get to finish the game. The feature would have been nice to give her some extra troops or something.