Saveconvert - change various settings in save file

Hi, I tried to load save from Warlord using v. 4.0, unfortunatelly every time this showed up :

Exception
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.LoadHeader(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext context)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(Stream stream, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(String file, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.Load(String file, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.LoadScreen.DoLoad(Object param)
at Civ4MapGenerator.TaskScreen.RunThread(Object host)

the same think hapends when I try to load vanilla CIV saves
any ideas what went wrong ?

ps. I do not use any mod or anything like this...

Umm.. I dont quite understand.. none of those functions that is giving errors exists in the program, so it should be impossible for it to crash with those errors...

Or do you say that Civ4 crashes with those errors when it tries to load a save from the program? if so, do you have a save?

Or did you simply post the Error message you get from running another util? I see some people has posted similar messages for this util: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=144414

ahm, yes, :) sorry for that
unfortunately I also have problems with your app :(
but I do know that it was caused due to very huge Earth mod map

anyway, I think you app is very good due to it simplicity
thanks for prompt answers

Oh great Gyathaar, I beseech thee!

Our 32 player PTBS game is in need of your tool to convert our PTBS turn timer from nothing to 21 hours. The problem is when I run it, I get an output like this:

Code:
D:\pitboss\pitboss_32Warlords\Saves\multi>saveconvert Pitboss_BC-3960.CivWarlordsSave
Saveconvert Version 4.0

Input savefile [Pitboss_BC-3960.CivWarlordsSave]:

D:\pitboss\pitboss_32Warlords\Saves\multi>
As you can see, the program just exits after it (I assume) loads the save file. Is this because the game is running a mod with a modified .dll? Or is the 32 players in the save file messing it up because it only expects 19?

OverloadUT said:
As you can see, the program just exits after it (I assume) loads the save file. Is this because the game is running a mod with a modified .dll? Or is the 32 players in the save file messing it up because it only expects 19?
Its the 32 players.. the saveconvert program has this hardcoded to 18 player civs because it cant see from the save what this value is...

I have though some about how to get around this, and the easiest is prolly to prompt the user for how many players the save allows.. guess I can do this pretty quick since it isnt that much work.

Gyathaar said:
Can you see if this version allows you to edit 32 civs save properly?
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/38257/saveconvert_v4.1.zip

As far as the 32 player thing goes, it worked! However, I found an unrelated bug. Well, it's more like a feature implemented wonky:

If a game has no turn timer, and then you change it to have a turn timer, when you load the game it will be at 0:00:00 and the turn will immediately advance to the next turn. It seems to me like it should start the timer at whatever the timer is instead of 0. Is this an easy fix? :)

Edit: Actually, I have a way to work around it in my game, so don't worry about this fix right away unless you want to. The 32 player thing works and that's good enough for me! Thanks!

OverloadUT said:
As far as the 32 player thing goes, it worked! However, I found an unrelated bug. Well, it's more like a feature implemented wonky:

If a game has no turn timer, and then you change it to have a turn timer, when you load the game it will be at 0:00:00 and the turn will immediately advance to the next turn. It seems to me like it should start the timer at whatever the timer is instead of 0. Is this an easy fix? :)

Edit: Actually, I have a way to work around it in my game, so don't worry about this fix right away unless you want to. The 32 player thing works and that's good enough for me! Thanks!
Changing that is not trivial.. I believe the countdown on current turn timer is stored in a more protected part of the save.. where I cant just change the value (doing so would prevent the save from loading)

I have a save file from a Warlords pitboss game. I want to change the turn timer from 36 hours (current) to 48 hours. I ran version 4.0 of the tool and everything went smoothly, in the convert tool it says the timer has changed to 48 hours but when I start up pitboss and load the newly changed file pitboss starts its countdown from 36 hours. I've tried the tool several times and every time it looks like the timer has been changed to 48 but when loaded into pitboss the countdown always starts from 36.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Frisxo said:
I have a save file from a Warlords pitboss game. I want to change the turn timer from 36 hours (current) to 48 hours. I ran version 4.0 of the tool and everything went smoothly, in the convert tool it says the timer has changed to 48 hours but when I start up pitboss and load the newly changed file pitboss starts its countdown from 36 hours. I've tried the tool several times and every time it looks like the timer has been changed to 48 but when loaded into pitboss the countdown always starts from 36.

Any ideas? Thanks.
I believe it has been mentioned a couple times in the thread already, but the turntimer wont change to the new value untill the next turn starts (this is something that is not possible to get around without cracking the savegame protection, which i havent done)

ahhhhhhhhhh ok. Super, will look for time change next turn.

Thanks for the reply, and the tool!

-Frisxo

Hi Gyathaar, I wonder if you have any plans to add functionality to edit special settings (Raging Barbs, No Vassal States and Permanent Alliances are something I could think off at the moment that people may want to change).

Actually that is exactly what I need. To make a long story short, trying to play Fall From Heaven 2 mod in Pitboss. We've had lots of problems (it wouldn't allow us to select 6 of the civs, had to hack the pitboss python script to get that in there).

The other problem is it would NOT set 'Simultaneous Turns" or "Take over AI".

I used your SaveConvert and it fixed those problems.. was very happy.

Unfortunatly the original setup seems to have added "One City Challenge" (makes it so you cannot build Settlers).

If SaveConvert would allow edits of the game settings like Permanent Alliances, Raging Barbarians, ... and One City Challenge.. that would solve my problems... Please consider adding that functionality, it would really help.

But thanks for this program.. it really helps out!

Thanks for writing this, Gyathaar!

Any chance you could release the source code? I'm trying to get it to convert a Fall From Heaven modded game (same effort MaverickAvatar was making a month ago; we wandered off to other things for a while, but are giving this a go again), and having some issues. It'd make troubleshooting much more convenient if I could see the internals.

Thanks for writing this, Gyathaar!

Any chance you could release the source code? I'm trying to get it to convert a Fall From Heaven modded game (same effort MaverickAvatar was making a month ago; we wandered off to other things for a while, but are giving this a go again), and having some issues. It'd make troubleshooting much more convenient if I could see the internals.
Problem with releasing the source code is that would make it really easy to cheat in multiplayer games...
like with modifications you would convert the saves to single player and see what everyone is doing in worldbuilder or debug mode.

If you PM me the save you have problems with I could possibly make modifications so the program will handle it thou

Can you use this to change the amount of time left on the timer, rather than the time limit itself?

For instance, in a game with a 24 hour timer, but 9 hours left on the clock, could I reset the time left on the clock to 24 hours?

Top Bottom