Saverous is missing out on all the fun!

I know he's not a drown, but that does not preclude him from learning to walk on water. Stygian guards are demonic as well and they seem to do just fine. Better actually. Why can't his possessing spirit learn from them?
I'm somewhat of a lore junky myself, but there are plenty of examples of things being stretched just a little so as to make the gameplay more cohesive. Letting Saverous join in with his cultist and stygian buddies is good fun and keeps the hero useful when OO really takes off in its own idiom.
Please note that I am not suggesting he get waterwalking for free or even early in the game. There are not enough methods early on to deal with things on water, making drown rather nasty. If it was a beefy hero doing that early on, it would be unbalanced. By the time fanaticism rolls around, there are plenty of ways available to everyone for dealing with threats on the water. Saverous also gets weaker at that point as stronger and stronger units are built and he reaches the limits of his available promotions. It would be a nice little bonus for OO players who have kept him alive and also doesn't unbalance the game. Plus it would be fun. That's the best part.

Honestly, one time I was playing an Immortal game as the Hippus a while back. All I had were horsemen (maybe they were horsearchers? not sure) but anyways, I pretty much ONLY had tier 2 units, along with the rest of the AI, but my ruthless city razing brought about a super quick armageddon.

First Drowns saved a city from Saverous and Buboes (eventually they went on their merry). This was also before they razed cities, so occasionally he would venture out, and occasionally he would fort up in my former capital >_>

Well anyways, most of my horsemen died (they were like all level 12 or so) but maybe 2-3 survived. Saverous may have already been with them at this time. Well, saverous grew to insane levels, and he ended up killing Most of the Horsemen (zerging Drowns killed Buboes) and later Margalard. The kurios even managed to kill the Avatar of Wrath somehow o.O ... and After that I quickly slayed all civs on my continent. Unfortunately, one of the nations made a tiny city-state on a little island off the coast. And they had BOATS :( ... well, my tech was in the gutter, and it was going to take forever to kill them off. I forget what I did, probably it involved cultists, im not sure (back then Tsunami may have been weaker or something) ... but having a waterwalking Saverous would have helped out quite a bit xD

(that said, he literally saved the Erebus from the Horsemen of the Appocalypse, as due to low tech they were killing EVEYTHING and EVERYONE, except for the Kurios, by pure luck they didnt attack him yet, just the avatar ... who died?! o.O .... so yea, GO SAVEROUS :) )

Top Bottom