SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

I fixed the problem with the file not found by changing the Ecology entry a bit in the pediaicons.txt, but now I've got another problem. I loaded up the game as Britain, but when it had just finished it quitted to windows giving now message. :cry: This is pissing me off, I want to play this scenario!

No idea said:
I fixed the problem with the file not found by changing the Ecology entry a bit in the pediaicons.txt, but now I've got another problem. I loaded up the game as Britain, but when it had just finished it quitted to windows giving now message. :cry: This is pissing me off, I want to play this scenario!

i've discovered the 'manufacturing' pcx problem and it's been fixed. as to your next problem :confused: i'm not sure what it is. what does the error message say?

QFred said:
What are the units that you downloaded and who made them??????
I BEG YOU TO TELL ME!!!!! :worship:

it's a number of different unit creators from this site and cdg. most of the sea units are made by wyrmshadow.

the scenario loads up no problem for me but if anyone has any probs, please, shout out b/c i will make sure that you get it running. this scenario is alot of fun to play.

also, very important, check the first post and i've uploaded a corrected version of the pediaicons.txt. this should cure the pcx problems.

if anyone has any other errors, please post the error message. after all, this is the first version of the sceanrio.

Q-Fred: I'm a guy :lol: Rita Poon was just Rob Reiner's alter ego in a South Park episode.

El Justo-I'd like to do some leaderheads for this scenario. Though honestly, It would take way too long to do People. Flags would be really easy. I'd be willing to do those. Haven't been able to load the scenario yet because of the 'pedia problem. So what (if any) flags do you need?

hi there,

this is the first scenario that I have wanted to play and download - and it looks like its going to be fun to try it. But (there is always a but :mischief: ) When I load it up I notice that all the nation leaders are called queen elizabeth !! ie President Queen Elizabeth of USA, etc. For britain its Queen Queen Elizabeth (notice the double queen). I have replaced the old pediaicons.txt and downloaded the new BIQ file - can you suggest anything else?

cheers

please attached images...

Attachments

• brit queen.jpg
    brit queen.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,240
  • peruvian queen.jpg
    peruvian queen.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,099
irnbru1970 said:
hi there,

this is the first scenario that I have wanted to play and download - and it looks like its going to be fun to try it. But (there is always a but :mischief: ) When I load it up I notice that all the nation leaders are called queen elizabeth !! ie President Queen Elizabeth of USA, etc. For britain its Queen Queen Elizabeth (notice the double queen). I have replaced the old pediaicons.txt and downloaded the new BIQ file - can you suggest anything else?

cheers

@irnbru1970
i know about that but i forgot to change it in the editor. it won't affect the game-play though. have you gotten it up and running? it pains me to see that you all are having trouble. :mad:

let me know if you run into any error messages. i will fix it immediately if you do :)

señor poon,
i thought about flags as leaderheads but with the file being as large as it was i figgered that i'd hold off...until now of course!!!

well, let's see. i suppose that i could hijack the flagheads from the wwII pacific (US, japan, UK, Dutch, chinese). that leaves 26 flagheads. whew, that's alot but being that you're a machine and all :D . hey, if you're up for it, go right ahead. i have no problem releasing a version with the flags.
check one of the first posts for a country list. the scenario starts in 1903.

Static .flc's are pretty small. But we can make it an optional download for anyone who wants to see the Haitians represented by Theodora. Just noticed something in the editor. Austria-Hungary is represented by Mursilis.

Rita Poon said:
Static .flc's are pretty small. But we can make it an optional download for anyone who wants to see the Haitians represented by Theodora. Just noticed something in the editor. Austria-Hungary is represented by Mursilis.

yeah, any of the non-traditional civs are set up to have the leaderhaed flcs that weren't already used or accounted for. i figgered that it wasn't such a big deal. but like i said before, if you're willing then i'm certainly able :p

hi again,

I load the scenario, and it gets to configuring game (ie loads the AI players) and gets to about 80 percent then goes black and either restarts my comp or keeps black :(

I have the AoI folder within my scenarios folder and the biq file for it outwith the AoI folder but within the scenarios folder see attached image- updated with the latest files and am running conquests 1.22

can you help?

Attachments

• folders.jpg
    folders.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,148
Eh, but Austria-Hungary is traditional. There's a Charles V leaderhead. But I digress.

OK, got flags for most of the Civs. Scandinavia, Lowland Countries & Central America are more tricky.

Good flag for Lowland Countries:

http://flagspot.net/images/b/benelux.gif

...except the BeNeLux flag wasn't designed untill the 1940s

Central America:

http://flagspot.net/images/c/cam-rm2.gif

...except Greater Republic of Central America also included Panama.

I'm stuck on Scandinavia.

irnbru1970 said:
hi again,

I load the scenario, and it gets to configuring game (ie loads the AI players) and gets to about 80 percent then goes black and either restarts my comp or keeps black :(

I have the AoI folder within my scenarios folder and the biq file for it outwith the AoI folder but within the scenarios folder see attached image- updated with the latest files and am running conquests 1.22

can you help?

yes! yes! i've solved another one of my stupid mistakes!!!

i forgot to upload the resource pcx files (2 of 'em) into the original upload.

check the first post for this folder containing the resources.pcx & resources_shadows.pcx file. they are included together in 1 zip file.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: quite simple actually...unzip the file into the following directory:
CivilizationIII\Conquests\Scenarios\AoI\Art

be sure to extract the 2 files out of the folder so that they're standing alone with the other folders in the AoI\Art folder.

that's it. it should work and if it doesn't :mad: then i'll find the solutiononce again.

ritapoon, sounds good. go on with yerself!

inbro-that first flag is a fusion of the modern flags. Won't work. Viking flag is too old.

Think I'll use the 2nd. Was that used during the Kalmar Union? I'm pretty sure that its still used by Neo-Nazis today, so it must still be a good symbol of Scandinavian nationalism. Could work.

Sorry, but I've found another problem. I was in the game and went into the resources part of the civilopedia and it came up with this message and quit:

FILE NOT FOUND
"art\civilopedia\icons\resources\CB_fruit_tropicalsmallmixed1.pc"

Ilooked in the .txt file and I think you've got the words around the wrong way somewhere.

Top Bottom