SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

I finally found it! El Justo posted it on page 376. This is great news! I am sorry I hadn't seen this earlier.

hello civers :) i have arisen from a long slumber and have here for everyone links for the most recent version of AoI. i set up a dropbox account to finally untangle myself from ftp torture and servers owned by other people. while folks have been kind enough to host my files for many years, i always wanted my own piece of digital space to house my stuff. and dropbox is a neat program that serves my purpose, free of charge of course.

so here are the links:

main large file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh323xpcpqkk12s/AoI-new.rar?dl=0
biq file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7g2ij6tj1besj6y/AoI5.0.zip?dl=0

note that this version contains about 130 new sea units that Civinator added in for me. they are part of Delta_Strife's massive output of units. gameplay is not altered. it's purely aesthetic. it does NOT contain any update to the interface or the soundtrack. that part we are actually working on, still.

real life has sort of prevented me from putting civ time in over the last many months. i haven't forgotten this little gem of a scenario :cool: it's just been a matter of finding the time to get it all done. it's very time consuming. nonetheless, i hope to pick up the files again soon, once real life permits. Balthasar recently uploaded an interface pack that i asked him to make. so this will be part of any new version along with a new soundtrack which, believe it or not, i almost have completed (from the last time i worked on the files, last year). i am also trying to coax the venerable Vuldacon out of semi-retirement to take a look at some other possible things to add in, art-wise. so the wheels are spinning ever so slightly :) so hang in there with us and thanks for all the support over the years. it's encouraging!

Unfortunately I am also receiving errors where the game mixes up terms and says things like (in the intro) "It is Airfield" (instead of 1895).

Unfortunately I am also receiving errors where the game mixes up terms and says things like (in the intro) "It is Airfield" (instead of 1895).

I had the same problem. As Civinator said a while back, it's caused by the update for the steam version adding a line into the labels.txt. To make everything right, you need to open the labels.txt in the text folder of the AoI folder, and add 'Unknown' on its own line between PING and Host on line 86. This sorted it out for me. I'll upload the fixed labels.txt as well. You just rename the old labels.txt in the AoI folder to whatever, then put in this one.

Attachments

• labels.txt
    26.6 KB · Views: 187
Downloaded the two files from the dropbox links shown on this page. Looking at the scenario in the editor and at the units_32 pcx file the icons shown on the map don't correspond. Does anyone have a proper link to the complete scenario that is correct? Thanks

Okay, I downloaded the main file and accidentally had it be opened in the Civ 3 Edit program. I downloaded it three more times and it doesn't allow me to choose how to open it anymore.
CELTICEMPIRE... Download the Biq as well as the Main File.

Please note:
by ElJusto Post 1
Installation Instructions:

there are three (3) steps needed in order to properly DL the AoI v4.1 files:

1.) move an existing AoI folder (if applicable) to another folder, rename it, OR simply delete it.

2.) DL the large 657MB folder here

once downloaded, extract both files (large folder & biq) to the following directory:
Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios
*the exact file path differs slightly w/ the Civ3 Complete disc [i think]
:think:
I think the big file as AOL to unzip folder in conquest/Scenarios; in the same folder the file AoI5.0.zip asAOL5.biq
(Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios)

Greeting
:old:Wotan49
:coffee:

Please note:
by ElJusto Post 1
Installation Instructions:

there are three (3) steps needed in order to properly DL the AoI v4.1 files:

1.) move an existing AoI folder (if applicable) to another folder, rename it, OR simply delete it.

2.) DL the large 657MB folder here

once downloaded, extract both files (large folder & biq) to the following directory:
Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios
*the exact file path differs slightly w/ the Civ3 Complete disc [i think]
:think:
I think the big file as AOL to unzip folder in conquest/Scenarios; in the same folder the file AoI5.0.zip asAOL5.biq
(Civilization III\Conquests\Scenarios)

Greeting
:old:Wotan49
:coffee:

The problem is that I can't get the file from dropbox. Once I download the main file something pops up asking me what app I want to use to open the file. I can't find an app that will work. I was able to open the map through C3CEdit but I can't figure out which app to use to open the main file.

CELTICEMPIRE... Download Both the Main File and the Biq and place both in your Civ III Conquests Scenarios Folder.
Open with Civ3ConquestsEdit MFC Application then you should be able to double left click the Biq to open it.
You might have a DLL problem concerning your Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe. Can you Open the Civ3ConquestsEdit.exe?

Also Check your Computer to see that you have Administrative Privilege.

The problem is that I can't get the file from dropbox. Once I download the main file something pops up asking me what app I want to use to open the file. I can't find an app that will work. I was able to open the map through C3CEdit but I can't figure out which app to use to open the main file.
Are you saying that you can't open the .rar archive file that looks like this?
Spoiler :

If that's the case then you need to get either WinRar or 7-Zip to extract the files.

Are you saying that you can't open the .rar archive file that looks like this?
Spoiler :

If that's the case then you need to get either WinRar or 7-Zip to extract the files.

I never even saw anything that looks like that.

I can open CivIIIConquestsEdit and I've saved the map, but I cannot open the main file with the art, civiliopedia, etc.

Top Bottom