Scenario Preview - The Great German Reich

sweet !!!! :) can't wait to conquer russia hehe so far no one was able to, not hitler, not LudwigXII of the swedish and not Napoleone, But I will smash them :)... well let's see , usually when the enemy came the russians destroyed their on city (put them on fire) and erased basically most of the food so by the time it was winter every SINGLE one of them had to retreat !!! I dunno if something like that would be possible to make in the scenario

lol, unfortunately the Russians only have a few cities in the game. The map isn't big enough and if I expanded it into a world map (which i might do after this one anyway) we'd lose half the cities.

Though you can still conquer Russia, they have a tonne of low class units. So while it might be easy, it'll take time.

I guess a major aim is to finally out produce the US (who don't have all their cities but the ones they do have will be very good with production), and maybe conquering the whole map ;) Trying this Turkey, Rumania or the League of Islamic Nations should be interesting too :)

Oh, and can anyone host some screenshots for me? I've tried loading them up onto the forum but there always too big (even on low quality .gif :wallbash:

Right Hitler didnt want war with Britain he wanted a few more years to catch up with the Royal Navy and build a super Battleship, right if u could pretend that Hitler invaded Poland and got away with it and then we move into 1946, Hitlers prefered time for war and the Germans are fully preparedfor war and they are against a Britain and France now at full strength, with Germany with Poland etc they are very strong but so are Britain and France, the USA is still isolationist, and we see the full potential of the Germanic people in this scenario. That was more my idea if i was gonna make it.

Bongo send the pics to me I'll make em smaller and upload them

Impreza so that scenario would be fiction hmm, sounds like horror :) hitler and bigger ... well in history he betrayed Stalin soo... but I guess you could leave that out (too)

lets just think about a Hitler who listened to his Generals

if he'd listened to them AT LEAST from time to time he might've even won the ww !!!!

Well, Hitler didn't trust his Whermacht Generals one bit through any parts of the war, even though the campaigns in Poland and France were amazing successes. Though by 1941 he didn't think much of them and took over control of the Whermacht, which basically ruined his chances of winning WW2. The scenario is basically based on Hitler having a bit more belief in his Generals (especially Rommel, sending 5 rather than 1 division to North Africa) and therefore winning the war. If Germany could conquer Europe quick enough, then the US wouldn't have had much chance of winning a war with the UK basically defeated (even with a failed Operation Sea Lion) and a strong German presence in every theatre.

@ Bidyah
Cheers man. I'll zip em up and send em over!

:D
if he'd listened to them AT LEAST from time to time he might've even won the ww !!!!
Which (let me remind you) would be the second worst thing ever! The first one was Bush getting elected over Gore (boo hiss!). :D

I'd say Hitler in general was THE worst thing ever for the Jews and to millions of soldiers
I dunno about that ... I think bush is doing not too bad

go ahead and send them, can't wait to see the screenshots ;)

Originally posted by xghost
:D
Which (let me remind you) would be the second worst thing ever! The first one was Bush getting elected over Gore (boo hiss!). :D

That's highly arguable because Hitler was going to die anyway and the generals weren't going to take anymore crap from anybody. The only reason they did is to have high morale and a war spirit going in germany so that they get the maximum public support while everyone was still hyped up. The few freaks that fanatically scheduled one-way tickets to concentration camps were loners and were there only because they showed a good capability to hate the undesirables. In the end, Hitler couldn't have lived much longer past war's end either by assassination or by all the diseases he picked up and the mass killing in the camps only started when it became more evident that germany was losing the war. So when all is said and done it would be a magnificent victory for germany without much moral dilemma in domestic policies.

looks nice but how bout you show germany... besides a terrorist? :), I suppose they had them back then too, though I thought first it's one of those Saddam scenarios when I saw the picture :) haha

You know, I read this, and for some unknown reason, strangely enough, I want to write a story based on it. THis seems like it'd be damned good. I need to get PTW, this might just push me to purchase it sooner.

Thanks bidyah. Lol, I just realised the screenshot of Britain has a big hole in the West Coast so that ones out of date. I'll send you a screenshot of West Germany, and Scandinavia next if ya don't mind? ;)

@Tepez
Feel free to write whatever about it. You can use the description i put down earlier as guide :)

No, i accidently put the ocean terrain in the middle of it. Don't worry, fixed that ages ago. It was just an older screenshot.

Heres most of Central and Eastern Europe:

Attachments

• europe.jpg
    europe.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 182
Looks good.. just a minor request: what about a screenshot of the minimap, feuturing the "whole world"?

a couple of questions: Will it be possible to build settlers? What is the number of cities so far?

sorry if it's allready been mentioned and it slipped my attention..

NP.
I doubt i'll add settlers. I've had a big thought about it, but I don't think it would work adding extra cities to the map. It wouldn't be hard to add them yourself using the editor once I release the MOD.

As for cities, i'm not sure on the exact count but they are all the major cities in Europe, N.E America, Western Russia, Middle East and N.Africa so you can bet there will be a lot to be fought for (if you want to capture the world that is ;))

I guess there is a scenario for most of the races in the MOD. Germany's is to keep control (economically and militarily) over Europe, Islamic Nations is to get rid of Germany in the Middle East, as is Turkeys. Russia could try to claim back what was once hers, though with Germanys military might, this would be very hard without help from Western Europe and across the Atlantic. The US could try to achieve dominance over European policy by removing Germany, with Britain and France assisting them. Certainly this would be an interesting Multi-Player Scenario if the players played each race properly.

Unfortunately I've had to really cut down the work i've put into the MOD. I've had a tonne of college work come up, and i've got exams starting up the end of this month and next, so you can guess i haven't really got the time to do this too! So once I've finished all the college work (last year this one!! WOOT!) i'll get back to this straight away.

There really should be an option that it was not possible to burn cities to the ground... If you aren't able to build settlers, and there for can not build new cities - will the AI stop burning cities then? Have you tested this bongo11uk?

Anyways, I think this scenario will be very cool!

How soon will you get back to work then...? Must be summer vacation soon....

Top Bottom