SCH0003 - Exploring The Arcane

Schwartz you can grab it now if you want, it seems as if the game stalled since Dux decided to disappear... If you play a set now I can get to it wednesday...

I likely won't be able to play until wednesday because I have 2 huge tests early this week and most of my time is being spent preparing. I'm trying to catch up with the game as quick as possible though.

I totally forgot about the sucession game, meant to play my turns last weekend, then ffh multiplayer happened. Sorry. This is my report.

A great scientist was born & decided to use to get us a nice academy on our capital.

Meanwhile, Faeryl decided to park a force of 3 hunters outside of her former city. She still didnt want straight peace.

We got necromancy, which meant that our two adepts were going to convert that node into a death node.

Tasunke came asking for us to join us against Sheelba, I declined, cause Faeryl still wouldn't make peace. A big battle happened after, where we lost 2 warriors two the hunters, when I tried to reinforce Faeryl's former city, but one of our skeletons got lucky. After that Faeryl made peace. I went ahead & researched calender & cartography. Those are important techs we neglected.

Finally, Cartography. After evaluating our finances, it's no longer possible to mantain Godking Civic.

So, I switched us to city-states & agrarianism

Overall, not much else to tell on this turnset. Our army on Faeryl's former city amassing if we want to strike her again, or we could go join Tasunke against the orcs.

Here's the save.

Attachments

• SCH0003 AD-0175.CivBeyondSwordSave
    166.9 KB · Views: 94
I like to head Writing->Trade for tech trading and economy bonus. Remember that Dain gets %50 discount libraries and we have Marble, so the Great Library is not out of the question.

Alternatively, we might want to head for a religion.
-Octopus Overlords->Trade->Arcane Lore. Team up Hemah & Govannon. 'Nuff said.
-Ashen Veil to put research another notch higher, though as usual Power Comes At A Scary Price™ and going all-out Evil might not be that good an idea. To be honest with necromancy & skellies I'm having trouble thinking as Dain instead of Tebryn :D
-or whatever religion you guys want.

Haha, with Writing->Trade, wouldn't it be smart to go Empyrian? Doesn't Trade unlock the Ratha?

And I can "patch back" from "s" to the one we are using ("e"?), right?

Haha, with Writing->Trade, wouldn't it be smart to go Empyrian? Doesn't Trade unlock the Ratha?

Empyrean sounds good as well... though I want Religious Law if we're going Empyrean, and before archmages. Chalid Astrakein = One Man Army.

So are we going to let this game die out? :(

If that is the case I'm going to start a new Fall from Heaven SG. The mod is just too much fun.

... I was thinking it might be an idea to know this before playing on, hence I haven't played. If anyone knows the answer, now would be a good time to tell :lol:

Sorry for not drawing more attention to this though :blush:

I tried patching back from 'x' to 'e' and can still properly open & play the game. Though I only tried 'end turn' once so we might see some weird things happening later on in the game. (And even then, we can still reinstall base FfH though that's a lot of time and effort to play one single SG :lol: )

Another few thoughts on the game:
We can trade for happy resources with Cardith. He has sugar and fine clothes (unique Kurio resource IIRC) while we have ale, clams and wine to trade to him.

Both Sandalphon and Cardith are in WHEOOH. I'm not sure about who Cardith is aiming for (it could be us, though that is unlikely; I checked the XML and Cardith has a 90% peace prob with Pleased) but I'm fairly sure the Sidar might be coming for us since they dislike us for that death node we built.

The XML turned up other weird results, though. I'd never have guessed that Faeryl Viconia is not the biggest backstabber in the game. :lol:

Nearly everyone in FfH is a backstabber.

In that case, I will patch back and play tomorrow. Sounds fair to me, trade with Cardith and build up some soldiers to make a stand/take a bite of Sidar.

First this little surprise. Not of too much importance, I just want to mention it. Next, I head to Cardith for trades:

Great, 2 extra happiness! We have a standard happycap of... 8, I think, now.

Next, I notice Sandalphon is Annoyed, might as well have a shot at getting him to cautious...

I am walking over Sandalphon in this game! But only one Fool has shown it's face, so suddenly, I find myself in this situation...

Gee thanks RNG, Give Sandy the 2nd Fool and me the Death... That last card I left for Sandalphon by taking the two Swords is the third Fool, by the way. Bad luck. We get a -1 relation hit; still at Annoyed.

Rantine is killed somewhere, and then...

What the hell, Cardith? Backstabberish fool... We lose our trades with him, and...

Okay... That's just unfair. Luckily our stack is close, so Cardith's stay in Nimarail is short:

We open borders with Sheelba despite annoyed (she offers), and then we go to town with Sandalphon:

:aargh: We want to settle this area (Reagents!), and the next couple of Settlements we capture. We have some Warriors, Adepts (Death all, one Meta), and the first few swords are on the way. Cardith does not seem to have access to Bronze weapons yet, for some reason.

We are teching Sailing for Trade.

Cardith, you son of a Balor! You will pay for this!

At least our army is running well enough now. With skellies and maybe a few swords as well, we should have no trouble defeating Cardith. Skellies are 100% reusable suicide troops which are excellent for softening up the enemies, then have our swords/warriors/adepts kill them.

He does have BW (saw swords in his lands) but probably no copper in reach. So too bad for you Cardith, but you're going down. :trouble:

Games like this remember me why I love the Sheaim. They are the only civ to get skellies at KotE, and skellies are the only free spell damage you can dish out before Sorcery and mages.

Am I up now btw? if yes, then got it.

Top Bottom