Screenshot analysis!

You can see an icon in the bottom right corner then you select a great person. The number tell how many actions are left.
Yes, you're right:

But I'm talking about here, where you're selecting the great person:

Anyways it's worth knowing that several of the great merchants/engineers (and possibly scientists?) are a lot stronger than they appear at first.

Here is another example from FilthyRobot's Germany, Part 7:

@5:05
Isidore de Miletus, a Great Engineer. Great Person page says "Grants 215 Production towards wonder construction". No indication it has multiple charges.

Was building Forbidden Palace so was going to put it towards that.

@6:27
The tooltip on the action button for Isidore while in the city center says "Activated Effect. Grants 215 Production towards wonder construction. Must be on a wonder that is under construction"

@6:59
Tooltip for Forbidden City has 920 Production [Said it would take 23 Turns when started production in Part 6]

Activated it and production time dropped from 16 to 10 turns.

@10:12
Found Engineer was still present and had a second charge. Tooltip while Isidore is on wonder says ""Activated Effect. Grants 215 Production towards wonder construction."

Activated it and production time dropped from 9 to 3 turns.

So the engineer actually gave 2 x 215 = 430 Production but that was not apparent from the Great Person screen.

Jeans are sturdy, comfortable, and are worn by most people in most countries have a pair (this might be a gross exaggeration)

Even nowaday's, Levi's jeans are a luxury in some parts of the word. Other jeans brands: not much. But Levi's, definitely yes.

In this video (at about 19:25) you can see the movement of a biplane:

Spoiler :

Thanks a lot, air units are very intriguing for me in this new Civ because we hardly saw them for now.
It seems they have chosen to use airplanes in the same way as in Civ:Rev, as a "regular" unit.... at least, almost, according to the video.

This doesn't deserve it own thread but I find it funny and wanted to post it somewhere. Filthy and Arumba started collab video today. They got an awful start, and while Filthy started to explain why, Arumba just re-rolled :D And then they got one of the best starts we've seen so far :D

The difference between quality of land between those two starts is amazing imo. I am not complaining, I think it is perfectly fine for SP, not so sure about the MP though.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

EDIT: Lol they (correctly) moved to settle hill to the southwest, and their start just got even better. I don't think I've seen such a good start so far. 5 wheat (2 of the on floodplains), rice, horses, 2 stone, lux (3rd quarry), solid campus location, harbor, some woods for chopping, and a place for almost any wonder in the game.

Spoiler :

Last edited:
This doesn't deserve it own thread but I find it funny and wanted to post it somewhere. Filthy and Arumba started collab video today. They got an awful start, and while Filthy started to explain why, Arumba just re-rolled :D And then they got one of the best starts we've seen so far :D

The difference between quality of land between those two starts is amazing imo. I am not complaining, I think it is perfectly fine for SP, not so sure about the MP though.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
Wow, that IS a huge difference! Can you link the video?

Browd, I've already seen that one. Its a different one, actually. Thanks though!

It is indeed pretty terrible.

1) half the tiles are useless water tiles, water bonus resources are weak.
2) Those 2 specific luxuries improved are 2f 1p 1s, when you want as much food/production as possible early. Horrible balance so far on luxuries, 2f1p1s or 6f on sugar, what would you prefer? :rolleyes:
3) No fresh water
3) Not enough hills, most are in the 3rd ring which costs the most to buy. Barely any trees.
4) Useless Tundra up north, which can potentially mean unused land for barbs to continuously spawn from, what looks like desert south.
5) No mountain

All round its not the worst start I've seen, but below average. Would make for a slower game for sure though.

I see I can learn a lot from these two working together, thanks for the link.

1) half the tiles are useless water tiles, water bonus resources are weak.
2) Those 2 specific luxuries improved are 2f 1p 1s, when you want as much food/production as possible early. Horrible balance so far on luxuries, 2f1p1s or 6f on sugar, what would you prefer? :rolleyes:
3) No fresh water
3) Not enough hills, most are in the 3rd ring which costs the most to buy. Barely any trees.
4) Useless Tundra up north, which can potentially mean unused land for barbs to continuously spawn from, what looks like desert south.
5) No mountain

All round its not the worst start I've seen, but below average. Would make for a slower game for sure though.

You start next to two 2f 2p tiles, and you have Stone, so there's a good chance you can build Stonehenge quickly. You will probably have to buy that tundra tile next to the Stone though to build it on. Barbs shouldn't be much of a problem, as you are America and you get +5 combat strength on your home continent.

How come there is some 2f1p wheat, and some 4f wheat? I take it the first one is on plains, but the second? I'm guessing floodplains?

Are you sure? Since I am pretty sure its Tea and it is improved by Plantation, which is +1 gold. So it is 2f1g1s, which is really bad for start. I don't think I saw worse starting location. However, it doesn't mean it has to be bad overall, it also depends on neighbors (including City States), locations for expos, nearby Natural Wonders, etc.

I see I can learn a lot from these two working together, thanks for the link.
Actually, you can learn from Filthy, Arumba seems totally lost. But Filthy really learns quickly.

You start next to two 2f 2p tiles, and you have Stone, so there's a good chance you can build Stonehenge quickly. You will probably have to buy that tundra tile next to the Stone though to build it on. Barbs shouldn't be much of a problem, as you are America and you get +5 combat strength on your home continent.

"Quickly" in terms of Civ6 means by chopping at least one woods. And there's pretty much nothing to chop here.

How come there is some 2f1p wheat, and some 4f wheat? I take it the first one is on plains, but the second? I'm guessing floodplains?
Yep, those 4p are floodplains.

Compare it to the 2nd screenshot, the one where they move to the hill. Lets see...

5 wheat, of which 4 are adjacent, so an easy triangle formation of farms for +1 food at feudalism. Great early +5 food source (x2) ridiculous.
1 rice
1 marble on hill - no need to learn irrigation.
4 river woods ( great lumbermills 1f4p at machinery or early chop potential )
2 stone, 1 on a hill - solid early production/food source
1 Horse - early 2f3p tile, nice.
Mountains but not to many which is good. Can build a +2 campus on one of the useless desert hills
some plains hills around for mines ( 1f4p at apprenticeship )
can chop the 2 woods to the southwest for a production boost.

I would consider an industrial zone on the grassland hill for +2 production from the quarries with a commercial district next door on the river grassland tile adjacent to the city center, that area to the west stacking district hub, a +2 campus or holy site on the desert hill near the mountain. Seriously nice location for a quickfire start, compared to an below average water start with weak luxury/bonus resources and only a couple of good early tiles. RIP unlucky multiplayer players.

Edit. Indeed about the Tea, - Even worse!

Last edited:
Top Bottom