1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot analysis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

and hopefully distance is also a factor wrt the options.

but yes, the 'faster than by foot' options seem to be based upon having a district of the type (or I guess a previously made trade route -> Trading post connections for the 'by road' option) in the city and hopefully one in your cities as well. Aerodrome would be weird if it only required one in the target city and not a place to land in your cities.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The question was the difference between vehicle and boat since they have the same number of turns. We already know that the kinds of districts limit the available methods of escape.

I postulated that the difference between two available methods with the same duration may depend on the nature of the pursuer, which is noted.

I would mark it strange for the pursuer's nature or the difference between two similar options to have no effect on the outcome.

3. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

I don't think there's a difference. You either have a reliable way to escape or not.

4. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Maybe it depends on the tiles you have to pass on your way out? Maybe boat is safer if you have to pass only one tile when you are escaping and vehicle is more risky when you have to pass through 2 or more tiles. Planes might be the safest way all the time. this is of course pure speculation.

5. Eagle Pursuit

It's crap if you have multiple choices but they don't affect the outcome.

And why bother with detailing the nature of the pursuer if it doesn't affect the outcome?

It takes the strategy out of the concept, and they may as well exclude it.

6. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Or maybe you can position your spies when you use them to defend your cities? Is that even possible? I haven't seen spies except in Marbozir's LP where that screenshot is from. Is there a defensive use?

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  7. Eagle Pursuit

Based on what I saw in Filthy Robot's stream, you can send your own agents to your districts in hopes of catching an enemy spy. But it seems like a cat and mouse game of jumping agents from district to district without knowing which one the enemy spy is in until either you catch it or damage is done.

Siptah likes this.
  8. fmm

fmm Warlord

Right, it definitely seems like the point is that if you try to escape via the Commercial Hub (car), Harbor (boat), or Aerodrome (airplane) there could be an enemy spy waiting in that district to catch you- but otherwise those means of escape are quicker and more reliable.

9. MACKA0ili

MACKA0ili Chieftain

It's kind of like that, except defending spies also protect surrounding districts so there's some strategy.
    Do spies get names and upgrades upon completing missions like in civ5? or am I just sending expendable agent 47 types all over the world?

10. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

They have names. And once captured they can even be traded. Marbozir was offered one of his captured spies and a bunch of gold in exchange for a German spy he had captured.

11. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

The strategy choice is - sending spies to cities out of reach is more risky.
    Having several options just means several ways of getting escape route, not the actual choice for the player. Actually it's quite good way of visualizing those ways.

Of course, my guess could easily be wrong and there could be difference between those escapes, ut in this case I expect the info about the difference to be shown.

12. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Prince

Another small piece from Marb. He created a corps from Knights, and corps' health is average from original units' health. In other words, original knights had 66 and 88, and corps have 77. Also, corps is created on the tile where stands active unit. So by creating corps, you can actually withdraw wounded unit with no movement points from enemy tile (where it could be shoot by city bombardment for example).

Spoiler :

13. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

Those spies not only have a name but they also have a family waiting for them to come home for xmas, please bear that in mind before trading them like copper.

racha likes this.
  14. Grumpbeard

Grumpbeard Warlord

No sympathy. They new the risk when I created them from the ether from hammers in my city... somehow. Metaphor... breaking... down...

15. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

Well... I thought corps had 200 max health, not 100. Now I'm really wondering what the value of a corps is. I'd MUCH rather build 2 units for X hammers than 1 unit with +10 combat strength.

16. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Trading a captured spy means that you release him so that he can go home to his family for christmas.

17. Haggbart

Haggbart King

+ 10 combat strength can actually be quite a lot in cVI, generally the gaps in unit strength are smaller than CiV because the new combat mechanics. I think corps might be a good way to bridge a tech gap, and also remember that the production costs change quite a lot with tech advancement. For example the swordsman is 35 strength and cost 90 hammers, while the pikeman is 41 strength and cost 200 hammers. Now I know that is not directly comparable since the swordsman requires iron and the pikeman requires no resources, also the pikeman has a bonus again cavalry, but it gives you an idea of a potential situation where creating corps might be benificial. Also because of fewer units total than CiV BNW, bridging tech gaps with corps might be a valid strategy in more cases since you need to wait longer for upgrades.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  18. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

Yep, but if the trade fails....

Now and only now I realize why so many spies are single.... We know just too little about them, they are prevented to appear also in the tube videos....god bless their souls !!!

19. Mathias Rex

Mathias Rex Chieftain

And there is the point in corps that you can concentrate more power in a single tile. Because of 1UPT system when there is more unit its important to have stronger unit on key tiles. Or when you have to defend a chokepoint.

20. fmm

fmm Warlord

So, I won't post a screenshot because you can see it basically everywhere, but in any of the latest videos you will see that road tiles still say things like (Modern Roads) in the late game, and give quicker movement as a result, even though this information seems to have disappeared from the tech tree. Hard to say what the exact mechanic is at this point.