1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot analysis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. Denkt

Denkt Reader

It is possible that you can have more then one citizen working a tile.

2. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

We already know that 1 is Citizen Growth and Amenities.

On another note, we have some yields at last!
    Unimproved forests, hill jungles and hills provide 2F1H
    Unimproved flatland jungle gives 3F
    Cattle with pasture give 3F1H
    Marble with quarry (flatland? hard to tell) gives 2F3H

New Civic:
    Humanism (eureka: earn a great artist) - 2 buildings(?), 2 Wildcard policies

3. eMeM

eMeM Chieftain

A new wonder, Maracanã Stadium:

Normal stadium (and a tournament ground (?) in the lower right corner) in an entertainment district:

MBT/Modern Armour (T-80BV if I had to guess):

4. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

Am I just behind or are we now completely enlightened on amenities?

- They seem to completely replace happiness
    - You can possess X of Y "desired" amenities. I presume how many are needed is based on population. It could very well work like happiness where you get Z "free" population based on difficulty. If that's the case, then in the Brazil video they're playing on Prince since a population of 5 desired 2 amenities.
    - When you are behind on amenities you receive a clear penalty to growth and other production
    - It is possible that when ahead on amenities you receive a clear bonus. I believe I recall Ed saying this was true so that in future eras new cities will grow more quickly because the empire itself is so established.
    - We also see the housing multiplier. It could be that it's a direct integer relationship? I wonder if that Brazil town had 10 housing if it would have had a housing multiplier of 2. Interesting to think about.

5. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

1. Yes.
    2. We don't know, hope and seems you're wrong. How much needed depends on the number of cities.
    3. Yes.
    4. We don't know.
    5. Housing modifier is not related to amenities.

We still don't know all sources of amenities and their numbers; we don't know all ways to loose amenities; we don't know how resources give amenities (whether they are different for each resource and whether each copy of resource give less amenities); we don't know why amenities aren't listed in the top line of the screen with other global variables.

6. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

For housing, I suspect it only applies when a city is over the limit. For example 10 pop and 9 housing, growth lowered by 25%, with 11 pop and 9 housing, lowered 50%, etc. I think it's pretty clear that with 5 pop and 9 housing that if there were a bonus it would apply.

So amenities affect rate of growth with a small bonus/penalty to other yields, and housing provides a more real cap on growth.

The question still remains how amenities (esp via luxuries) are handled on an empire-wide scale.

7. El Castellano

El Castellano Warlord

I wonder whether the architectural style of the Renaissance houses of Brazil is unique for Latin America or civilizations such as Spain and Portugal also will have it.

8. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

I agree that amenities being based on number of cities would make more sense. I also hope it is this way, and that housing is the only cap on "size of city". It would be needlessly confusing if amenities needs are based on both number and size of cities.

Yes. We've seen clues because certain civs have bonuses to amenities. Maybe those bonuses will make more sense now. I jumped the gun by saying 'completely' enlightened.

That would make sense, I guess. If you rushed 4 housing in a pop 1 city, it would seem a little OP to get a 400% modifier to growth.

9. Denkt

Denkt Reader

It seems likely that housing can only give negative to growth.

It seems like there are several levels happines amongst the people so I assumes you can get bonuses if you have a happy city but it is probably often better to spend extra amenities on expanding. But if you expand to much you may be crippled by negative amenities.

10. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Why? What it so crazy about speeding up 4 times jump from level 1 city to level 2 if you invested in its improvements that heavy?

Not to mention I doubt you could get it in 1 level city - you need to actually work the improvements.

11. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

I didn't say it would be OP, just that it would seem that way. But in any case it's probably more likely that if they wanted to have bonuses from housing, they wouldn't wait until whole number multipliers and we would have seen one for 5/9 housing.

BUT in any case, it is looking more like "size of city X" might not affect the growth of city Y. And this is something I would be happy with. Civ V's mix of global and local happiness was slightly convoluted IMO.

12. Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko Warlord

I assume people noticed the differing border colours at 0:48 while showing off the 'Minas Geraes'? It seems to switch between the Civ V India (Green/Yellow) and Civ V Brazil (Lime/Green) colours. Perhaps the colour schemes we've been seeing thus far aren't finalised yet?

Also there are dashed boundary lines at 0:29. I'm not sure what significance (if any) there is to that.

13. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

I saw that but couldn't remember if it was new or not. I like that they make the borders clearer and hope it's simply an updated design.

14. Magil

Magil Monarch

Seems like a better place to say this than the Brazil thread: I don't really like the "provides Eureka for 3 random techs" bonus. Randomness to that degree seems detrimental to me in a strategy game. I'd probably have to save it until I only had 3 techs of those eras left that I hadn't Eureka'd already.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The point of it is to prevent players from using it on their highest techs, like you could with Great Scientists in Civ V. That was simply too powerful and became a dominant strategy in the late game.

16. Haggbart

Haggbart King

I think this is a very likely explanation to how you will be able to replace farms with other improvements (or districts/wonders) and keep growing in the late game.

17. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

If you can have more than 1CPT then that would make high yield tiles too effective. I'll be very surprised if that's a thing. Unless there is some limit to the number if citizens per tile which can be upgraded by the player somehow.

I'm surprised there isn't more of a breakdown going on right now of that Great Person screen. I'm curious how those eras were determined. I'm curious if the GP abilities are randomized at the beginning of the game or follow a static progression like techs. Curious about a lot of things there...

18. Loaf Warden

Loaf Warden (no party affiliation)

Has anyone noticed that both of the Great Writers we've seen so far have two Great Works of Writing associated with them instead of one? Wonder what that's about.

Also, Hannibal is a Great General this time. While it's possible that GPs could get upgraded to leader status later on, as City-States occasionally turned into civs in V, I think that's unlikely given the unique bonuses each GP provides. More likely that if the Carthaginians get in later, it won't be under Hannibal. Either they'll go with Dido again, or they'll do something really interesting and use someone like Hanno I. Time will tell, I suppose.

19. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

This potentially confirms the speculation that there are two different types of musuems. Also, the Observatory returns. Likely as the 4th "either/or" building for the Campus. I would guess it'd replace the University and require adjacent mountains, or perhaps it's an additional building altogether. However, precedent would suggest the either/or dynamic.

20. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Either the yield will not scale linearly or there will be a strict number to CPT. Or a combination. Or something completely different :cool: