Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll check it out sometime the next time I feel like playing MC

(a little burned out atm and focusing on other games)

You should check out my house and the public observation platform I built for people to enjoy the sunset :)

From Ligue 2 team to Ligue 1 champion in only 5 seasons! :yeah:

Ah Civtown, home of many fires.
Here we see the short-lived lava-fall fire.

Kan sets his own house on fire, but insists that it's the gas company's fault.

Ah you guys crack me up, I wish I could be on all the time but exams >_<

Also I only ever set Captain2 on fire, and maybe someone else. I'll also tell Geno not to give you guys any TNT.

You guys better not have burned up my house! :mad: Those roof tiles are hard to set and align!

Congrats, you must have been pretty nervous during the last games of the season ;)

At the start of the last month of the season, me and OM were actually 5 points behind Lyonnais. Going into the last game we were 2 points behind, and luckily Stade Rennais beat them in the last game of the season giving me the championship after defeating Stade Malherbe Caen. :yeah:

It was fun checking the server out. I'll make sure to figure out a way to make a house somewhere. :)

Sounds like mine will have to be made of stone.

Yes more backups will be nice as I am the only one who used mostly stone in building their house.

EDIT: Pictures!

Spoiler :

A statue of Obsidian I built in my 2nd basement, sadly it needed to get moved due to the railroad and then once I finished that the server hiccuped and I lost lal the obsidian blocks except two >_<

Sunrise!

A view of my lower terrace and vegetable garden from in front of Rubrum's place, I will not be expanding my gardens any further and hope to have a section of the city wall run along the bottom of it approx level to the ground I am standing on.

View of Civtown and the highway.

I cant go without letting you guys see what Ive been up to though!

Spoiler :

Top of my 40D sphere. About halfway filled with water...at first glance

Bottom half -- not quite as wet as it would seem!

I probably should have made a story chronicling this playthrough of Children of the Nile, but since I didn't, a condensed history:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
The fifth Pharoah of Thebes, Astarte Shadono, has declared open war on the vagrants and villagers in the city limits.

Vagrancy has become more of a problem recently despite the city's prosperity; experts have suggested this is because the city, traditionally always expanding and creating more and more jobs, has stopped expanding due to the fact everyone is more or less content, a vast urban complex stretching across three districts and with possessions flung all the way from the Delta to Nubia.

But, rather than simply continue expanding, the Pharoah's sole focuses lately have been building up the army and constructing luxurious tombs on the eastern bank(he considers the mastabas most nobles and the previous pharoahs are buried in on the west side primitive and peasant-like), all for himself. Apparently, he plans to have his body cut up into multiple pieces or somehow acquire multiple bodies to fill each tomb.

Villagers have become a problem in the urban centers along the bank. This is because many farmers have reverted to their primitive ways, setting up huts in the pockets of land that are available between farmhouses and other civilised abodes. The fact they dared to completely defy Egyptian society's superiority altogether has made the Pharoah board the rage train. He has ordered all villagers expelled into the fringes of the city.

Due to how he can't seem to execute them all without causing bleeding hearts to protest, he has discovered that villager and vagrant alike have an allergy to plazas. Considering it a blessing from Ra himself, the Pharoah has thus ordered any unused areas of the city to be paved over, and any homes on top of them demolished. The villagers, thus, are forced further and further away from the grounds. Word is the Pharoah wishes to drive them into the desert so they will starve. In the meantime, once he is satisfied with the boundaries, he will use the vast amount of bricks (in the 2000+ range) in the city's stores to build a gigantic wall.

While his own personality sanity is questionable, the accomplishments of the three prior Pharoahs (and to an extent, Astarte's own work) somewhat cancel it out.

Already seen was the first peasant district, the first region of the Astartian Purge. Since day one, it has been considered the slums; while the nobility and some fortunate shopkeepers(and to an extent, servants) set up a giant hedonistic society on a central island in the middle of the Nile, many shopkeepers, brickmakers, bakers, and farmers were forced to toil day and night in unpaved paths, incredible heat, and with little chance of social mobility.

In recent years, a heavy soldier presence has established itself in the first peasant district. While some may consider it a frivolous expense, the military helped modernise and improve the quality of life in the area. As commanders moved in to train the troops and man guard posts, scribes also moved in to assess taxes(traditionally, all scribes resided on the Island of Wealth in the middle of the Nile). Priests were soon summoned to provide worship services to the soldiers, and later the farmers and other locals. Between soldiers and farmers and the lobbying of several nobles, the Pharoahs opened up hospitals and apothecaries and more priests. The minimal ruling class of the western banks created luxury shops to service them, so they would not need to cross to the ever more crowded island of wealth. The educated elites of the West Bank established themselves as the local nobility in their own right, and the poorer groups still benefited from the influx of government interest.

Later, an obelisk was added to the area to remind the poor masses of royal superiority; this was constructed between the Fourth and Fifth reigns.

---

Spoiler :
The Island of Wealth is where Thebes started. The first Pharoah established his Palace on the ruins of a failed settlement - the previous attempt at civilisation (read: previous save game) had dried up completely as the central island could not support farming. Almost everyone starved, from the common man to the noble, despite the beauty of the place.

The Pharoah was quick to establish the First District on the western banks to supply his estates with food. In turn, shopkeepers and brick makers were fed by these farmers, creating the industrial backbone of the state. The Pharoah required more food, however, so he created the nobility. He restored the huge plaza thoroughfares of the Island to their original glory. Many nobles took up settlement on the island, and fostered the innovations into education and healthcare. They were a very whiny bunch of snobs, however, as the Pharoah sometimes had difficulty getting all their resources for them... thankfully, he was wise to use the central parts of the various streets as shops. But wares remained lackluster and inadequate; noble women remained ugly since it wouldn't be until several rulers later that a cosmetician took up residence on the island.

The first Pharoah died without a tomb, and so to the Egyptians, his sole source of immortality was his name.

The second Pharoah's first move was to build a necropolis to avoid his father's fate. He oversaw the expansion of Thebes' power up and down the Nile. The once-discontent nobility found themselves increasingly more content as all sorts of goodies flooded the city just as much as the river would. In his wisdom, he built a gold mine. From there, he would trade the gold for turquoise, and then the turqoise for emeralds, strengthening the quality of Theban jewelry.

He also constructed many small stele, but made a point to invite as many merchants to the city as possible.

Acquisition of cedar, leather, copper, and tin in the following years and next two reigns would strengthen the industrial strength of the city, as well as its military strength, with barges, yachts, chariots, khopeshes, and much more exotic goods overall.

The third pharoah saw the construction of temples and shrines on the island, more or less adding the last major feature to it. He also oversaw the construction of a single obelisk on the South side. An additional accomplishment was the invitation of more merchants to visit the city; it would fall to the Fourth Pharoah to completely invite all merchants. Between these two's efforts, the Island of Wealth became home to any good imaginable.

---

Spoiler :
The necropolis was far away from the city and thus, usually humble. By the time the second Pharoah died, there was only his tomb and three others - one for his family and two for any preferred noblemen. But the third and fourth Pharoahs found themselves sitting upon mountains of bricks built by brickworks established during the Second Reign. They used these to orchestrate the construction of a huge necropolis, with a tomb for every noble family from wealthiest to least wealthy, with additional tombs for family and themselves. They reserved the largest mastabas for themselves, naturally.

While there were plans to build statues of Anubis to honor the many deceased interred there, the distance made this idea unpopular. It would be up to later Pharoahs whether to revisit it or not.

----

Spoiler :
During the Third Reign, it was decided that stele just wouldn't cut it. The Pharoah ordered a granite quarry established on the eastern banks of the Nile. Given the cumbersome nature of laborers and the sole overseer having to cross over to then begin the hard labor, the Pharoah established a labor camp in the area with an overseer to speed up the process - one overseer would mine the obelisks and another would haul them into place. Small commerce began to rise in the area as the small pool of laborers had their needs too. To make the shops have a more profitable customer pool, and to lessen crowding in the Old District, the New District was formed as farm after farm was built on the east side of the Nile. To lessen the dependence of the local luxury ware shoppers on the overseer's mercy, nobles were brought in, along with priests and scribes, who in turn increased the number of farmers and availability of healthcare.

During the Third and Fourth Reigns, grand obelisks were erected all along the New District; it wouldn't be until later than two obelisks were distributed to the Island of Wealth and the First District.

The fifth Pharoah finished what was supposed to be the Fourth Pharoah's very small pyramid and reserved it for himself. In turn, Astarte built an even grander pyramid for himself, intent on putting himself in the largest he could build in his lifetime, and his family members in his smaller tombs.

...he had yet to try and eradicate the villager/vagrant presence, but this was probably due to its minor numbers in the area.

That concludes a condensed history of the Shadono Dynasty. They led the city from a humble patch of villagers to a great empire stretching from Lower Egypt to Nubia, but they had their fair share of human flaws as well. ...They made sure to hide those of course, lest the myth of a God-King be dispelled.

Princescamp, that city wall would be right in front of my bay window :p Although I guess I could change this section a bit. The glass on my bay window is the very last block I can place (after that we're out of town :( )

I was hoping to do some kind of deck or I dunno what but can't build there yet.

Geno: where's that? I need to figure out how to use liquid and how it works (like, I have no idea how you made that elevator).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom