SDK changes

Do you still have the Westward Ho SDK set up for compiling, then? Because there are a couple of things I would like to do that would require work in the SDK for the next version. For instance, I was going to add gold as a tradable good, like is done in Plantation Economy. And I also wanted to merge your Journeyman modcomp in.

YEah, I have everything set up still. Both those additions you mentioned would be a simple thing to do really, so just let me know when you get close to releasing the next version and I'll work on that if I haven't got it done before hand, k. Keep up the fine work.

Another thing: I remember you talked of adding a "Railroad Route To" mission. I think there's a need for it, or at least something like it, since I've added the Trail route and increased Railroad cost for 0.4.

Currently (since I've added the Trail) if you have a Pioneer route to a location, he will make a Trail, then a Road, and then a Railroad, all on the same plot, before moving on. So I was thinking of adding two additional Route To missions, "Route To (Trails Only)" and "Route To (Roads Only)". The first would only create trails, the second would only create trails and roads, and the third, the regular Route To mission, would create all three routes at once.

Is this doable?

K, the next upload is linked on the main page

EDIT: well I forgot one thing I was going to find a sound file for an arriving train and have it play each time a unit arrives by train just for the coolness of it. I post this here so I don't forget in the nect update.

After merging the changes with my modified copy of 0.33, I'm getting a CTD when I try to start a new game... the game itself starts but using either "Custom Game" or "Play Now" causes a CTD. An instantaneous CTD- I don't see the loading screens or anything.

As I said, that is my modified version. So far, I haven't actually modified much, so I might as well start with a fresh copy of Westward Ho v0.33 and see if it works with that, if I can't figure out what's wrong.

After merging the changes with my modified copy of 0.33, I'm getting a CTD when I try to start a new game... the game itself starts but using either "Custom Game" or "Play Now" causes a CTD. An instantaneous CTD- I don't see the loading screens or anything.

As I said, that is my modified version. So far, I haven't actually modified much, so I might as well start with a fresh copy of Westward Ho v0.33 and see if it works with that, if I can't figure out what's wrong.

Hmm, did you try just my changes alone? If that works then there is a conflict with your changes and mine somewhere. I'll check the download I posted to make sure its right.

Edit: Well I tried to install the files I uploaded but got CTD as you mentioned must not have something right..let me check it out more.

Okay, your changes are working now.

However I decided to start fresh anyway, with a clean copy of v0.33. I first installed KJ Jansson's graphics changes from this thread, then your SDK changes, and the, using a backup copy of CIV4RouteModelInfos.xml, fixed the railroad bug.

One thing, though-

I remember you said that the source files you had given me earlier (and that I distributed as part of Westward Ho 0.33) weren't actually the right source files. You then posted another set of source files that were the correct ones.

Those files, however, aren't included in what you posted. Should I just add the files from this post to the ones in the latest upload? It's CvInfos.cpp, CvInfos.h, and CvTeam.cpp, to be specific.

Okay, your changes are working now.

However I decided to start fresh anyway, with a clean copy of v0.33. I first installed KJ Jansson's graphics changes from this thread, then your SDK changes, and the, using a backup copy of CIV4RouteModelInfos.xml, fixed the railroad bug.

One thing, though-

I remember you said that the source files you had given me earlier (and that I distributed as part of Westward Ho 0.33) weren't actually the right source files. You then posted another set of source files that were the correct ones.

Those files, however, aren't included in what you posted. Should I just add the files from this post to the ones in the latest upload? It's CvInfos.cpp, CvInfos.h, and CvTeam.cpp, to be specific.

Yeah thats fine, I looked and there are no knew changes in those files. I figured out what the problem was. For some reason I used the change tag "///tk Wild West" on those older changes. All new changes have the ///---------------Kailric WestwardHo Changes--------------/// tag on it. So, if you would just replace the Wild West with the WestwardHo notation so this want happen again.

Okay, I've gotten a Westward Ho DLL compiled with my Betray Your Colony mod included (I thought I might as well merge it in while I was at it, and save myself from having to create another Colonization working directory).

I just finished a merge of the Forts code, but I've found a problem. I guess you added an "isSpreadCultureControl" function (and variable for it) to CvImprovementInfo... however, your source code for the Forts mod does not contain a CvInfos.cpp or CvInfos.h.

I could add that tag myself, but I have a suspicion you added more tags than just that one in Forts. Could you please post those files?

Here are the two files. When ever I gather up the SDK source files I changed I just do a search for my trade mark , usually "///TK" or something, and then copy all those files. Problem is like this time, I didn't make any changes to the Infos files so my mark wasn't there, but I was using someone else SDK changes so the files got over looked. Anyway, I added them to the Forts page and the link to the down load is here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=249550&stc=1&d=1271293644

Here are the two files. When ever I gather up the SDK source files I changed I just do a search for my trade mark , usually "///TK" or something, and then copy all those files. Problem is like this time, I didn't make any changes to the Infos files so my mark wasn't there, but I was using someone else SDK changes so the files got over looked. Anyway, I added them to the Forts page and the link to the down load is here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=249550&stc=1&d=1271293644

Thanks for those... now I've gotten up to CvGlobals.cpp, where there are a couple more errors:

Code:
1>CvGlobals.cpp(147) : error C2614: 'CvGlobals' : illegal member initialization: 'm_plotGroupFinder' is not a base or member
1>CvGlobals.cpp(345) : error C2065: 'm_plotGroupFinder' : undeclared identifier
1>CvGlobals.cpp(481) : error C2039: 'getPlotGroupFinder' : is not a member of 'CvGlobals'
1>        c:\My CIV4 Mods\SDK Stuff\DLL 2 Col\CvGameCoreDLL\CvGlobals.h(116) : see declaration of 'CvGlobals'
1>CvGlobals.cpp(483) : error C3861: 'm_plotGroupFinder': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvGlobals.cpp(2783) : error C2039: 'setPlotGroupFinder' : is not a member of 'CvGlobals'
1>        c:\My CIV4 Mods\SDK Stuff\DLL 2 Col\CvGameCoreDLL\CvGlobals.h(116) : see declaration of 'CvGlobals'
1>CvGlobals.cpp(2783) : error C3861: 'm_plotGroupFinder': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'

This looks like you left out a CvGlobals.h file, based on the errors.

Thanks for those... now I've gotten up to CvGlobals.cpp, where there are a couple more errors:

Code:
1>CvGlobals.cpp(147) : error C2614: 'CvGlobals' : illegal member initialization: 'm_plotGroupFinder' is not a base or member
1>CvGlobals.cpp(345) : error C2065: 'm_plotGroupFinder' : undeclared identifier
1>CvGlobals.cpp(481) : error C2039: 'getPlotGroupFinder' : is not a member of 'CvGlobals'
1>CvGlobals.cpp(483) : error C3861: 'm_plotGroupFinder': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>CvGlobals.cpp(2783) : error C2039: 'setPlotGroupFinder' : is not a member of 'CvGlobals'
1>CvGlobals.cpp(2783) : error C3861: 'm_plotGroupFinder': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003/bin/cl.exe"' : return code '0x2'

This looks like you left out a CvGlobals.h file, based on the errors.

Not even gonna try to explain that one :) I reposted the file.. just keep telling me what I missed :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=249555&stc=1&d=1271296199

That would appear to be it. I now have a working (well, apparently working) build of Westward Ho with Forts (and aforesaid Betray your Colony).

I'll try to get Journeyman merged in today, and then if that works, I'll release a beta of 0.4 tomorrow. It won't have any of the new or replaced yields in it, but it will have nearly everything else.

EDIT: Okay, Journeyman appears to be working too.

That would appear to be it. I now have a working (well, apparently working) build of Westward Ho with Forts (and aforesaid Betray your Colony).

I'll try to get Journeyman merged in today, and then if that works, I'll release a beta of 0.4 tomorrow. It won't have any of the new or replaced yields in it, but it will have nearly everything else.

K, I am working on figureing out how to add yieds... and wow there is just so much you have to add or edit.. let me make a list so I don't forget.

This will be my check list:

1. Add Yield to CvYieldInfos
2. Edit SDK for the New YIELD_TYPE
3. Add Bonus Yield to CvBonusInfos
4. Add Yield Unit to CvUnitInfos
5. Add YieldClass to CvUnitClassInfos
6. Add Yield to CvTerrainInfos
7. Add new Profession and Yield to CvProfessionInfo so it can be gathered or produced

If its worked in a building
8. Add Building to CvBuildingInfo
9. Add Special building to CvSpecialBuildingInfos
10. Add Building Class to CvBuildingClassInfos

Art:

11. Need Unit Icon Art if its transportable
12. Need City Mangement Art for loading on transports
13. Need nif 3d file if its transportable
14. Need to edit GameFont75 for small City Mangement Icon for Yield
15. Need to edit GameFont for larger Civiopedia Icon for Yield
16. Need Resource Icon for City Mangement
17. Need nif 3d file for Bonus resource on world map
18. Need font image for Bonus Resource
19. Need Highlighted Resource Icon for City Mangement
20. Need Button Art for Resource
21. Need Profession Art

If its produced or consumed in Special Building

22. all the Art for Building and its buttons
23. Art for Expert Unit and its buttons

Thats all I am writing for now :sad:

K, I am working on figureing out how to add yieds... and wow there is just so much you have to add or edit.. let me make a list so I don't forget.

This will be my check list:

1. Add Yield to CvYieldInfos
2. Edit SDK for the New YIELD_TYPE
3. Add Bonus Yield to CvBonusInfos
4. Add Yield Unit to CvUnitInfos
5. Add YieldClass to CvUnitClassInfos
6. Add Yield to CvTerrainInfos
7. Add new Profession and Yield to CvProfessionInfo so it can be gathered or produced

If its worked in a building
8. Add Building to CvBuildingInfo
9. Add Special building to CvSpecialBuildingInfos
10. Add Building Class to CvBuildingClassInfos

Art:

11. Need Unit Icon Art if its transportable
12. Need City Mangement Art for loading on transports
13. Need nif 3d file if its transportable
14. Need to edit GameFont75 for small City Mangement Icon for Yield
15. Need to edit GameFont for larger Civiopedia Icon for Yield
16. Need Resource Icon for City Mangement
17. Need nif 3d file for Bonus resource on world map
18. Need font image for Bonus Resource
19. Need Highlighted Resource Icon for City Mangement
20. Need Button Art for Resource
21. Need Profession Art

If its produced or consumed in Special Building

22. all the Art for Building and its buttons
23. Art for Expert Unit and its buttons

Thats all I am writing for now :sad:

It's more a matter of getting used to it, the only step which will repeatedly be annoying is editing the gamefont alpha.

Everything seems to be working. I was about to release 0.4 when I discovered a bug as a result of the merger with Forts:

The button for a unit to travel from one city to another is the same as the "Assign Resources to Produce" button that appears at a Fort. Likewise, the Upgrade Fort button appears to be the Support button, and the Support button appears to be the Assign Resources to Produce button.

What file would I have screwed up to cause this?

Everything seems to be working. I was about to release 0.4 when I discovered a bug as a result of the merger with Forts:

The button for a unit to travel from one city to another is the same as the "Assign Resources to Produce" button that appears at a Fort. Likewise, the Upgrade Fort button appears to be the Support button, and the Support button appears to be the Assign Resources to Produce button.

What file would I have screwed up to cause this?

I know that Commands in the XML have to be the same order as they are in the Enums.cpp cause I have had this problem before. Check all the orders of the Commands, Missions, etc. to be sure they are the same as in the XML. If you can't figure it out just upload it and send me the link and let me look it over too.

I know that Commands in the XML have to be the same order as they are in the Enums.cpp cause I have had this problem before. Check all the orders of the Commands, Missions, etc. to be sure they are the same as in the XML. If you can't figure it out just upload it and send me the link and let me look it over too.

Ah- since Forts are a module, their commands in the XML will be at the bottom of the list (below the Westward Ho train command). But I had them the other way in the Enum files.

That fixed it.

Ah- since Forts are a module, their commands in the XML will be at the bottom of the list (below the Westward Ho train command). But I had them the other way in the Enum files.

That fixed it.

Ahh, yeah didn't think about that. What if there are two or more modules with new commands? How does the ordering go then you think. Alphabetically according to module maybe?

Top Bottom