[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

This may be a little of topic. But are you going to be converting this mod over to Warlords at all Dale?

Keep up the good work. Love your mod.

Thanks,

Kushan

Kushan said:
This may be a little of topic. But are you going to be converting this mod over to Warlords at all Dale?

Keep up the good work. Love your mod.

Thanks,

Kushan

Yes, though not till all the bugs are fixed. No point running two beta versions at the same time. :)

Dale

BTW, just to let everyone know, I'll be working on the CTD bug this morning.

Bug confirmed:

There is a bug in the AI bombard check routine which cause it to not move to the next unit group. Thus, it stalls at AI turn. This bug was being hidden by the CTD reported earlier.

Dale

Dale said:
Bug confirmed:

There is a bug in the AI bombard check routine which cause it to not move to the next unit group. Thus, it stalls at AI turn. This bug was being hidden by the CTD reported earlier.

Dale

Dale could this be the cause of my CTD's as the AI have just started to get there catapults when it goes down:confused:

boneys26:

Most likely that's what causing the crash.

Strategyonly:

Your crash is the same one as list above. Image one turn later. :)

Dale

I think i know whats doing my crash Dale. its not your mod its my ram i've took a 512mb ram stick out my pc for the laptop (as it takes the same ram stick) leaving the 1gb stick and windows keeps crashing saying ram error (or something like that) so i think the ram must be losing the game data over time causing it to crash.

Ok tried out new one and i was playing as the Americans and just got to war with Montezuma, and the next turn it crashed, see logs and Saved game. A couple of others things i noticed, when my first Archer meet a Barbarian Warrior it took 9 times to defeat him each time it withdrew.
Then when some of the fighting is going on in my civ did not know until after the fight was over, or where it fought, the camera did not take me to the fight area before or after the fight.

Hi Dale,

If you could give the source codes for this Mod which seems to be complete I could start merging it then. I hope the componenets are marked by comments. :)

I am leaving tomorrow to Italy for 10 days. Would good if I could take it with me to work on it in my spare time...

Thanks
Houman

Announcement!

Baring any unforseen bugs, DCM will be released in the next couple of days. :)

12 months of work will be finished. :D

Dale

PS: Houman the source code will be available then. :)

Hehehe. That's my "Aussie" bug coming to haunt you. ;)

No seriously, that's related to mem/graphics card. I've seen it before in vanilla Civ and it was a hardware issue.

Dale

Thats what happend to my graphics card also, then lines about 1000 of them , had to get a new graphics card, and within 15 days had to get another one, first one cost me $450. then $180. that was a costly month.:cry:

Dale said:
Hehehe. That's my "Aussie" bug coming to haunt you. ;)

No seriously, that's related to mem/graphics card. I've seen it before in vanilla Civ and it was a hardware issue.

Dale

:eek: Please not the mem i just bought it so i can test the mod and play civ4 again:eek:

strategyonly I think this is going to be my costly month:( why do things go wrong right after spending your money. think the mrs was right (this time;) ) i should have waited before buying the laptop:cry: :cry:

Things happen in threes mate. :)

It's the way of the World. ;)

Dale

boneys26 said:
:eek: Please not the mem i just bought it so i can test the mod and play civ4 again:eek:

strategyonly I think this is going to be my costly month:( why do things go wrong right after spending your money. think the mrs was right (this time;) ) i should have waited before buying the laptop:cry: :cry:

AHAHAHA, i definately know the feeling. Thats why i can laugh, AHAHAHA.:lol:
no offense.

But on that did you keep the old graphics card, if so put it in and see if it still happens, if not then its the card, if it does then its the memory.

It was my bios settings from installing my new ram card i just changed them :thumbsup: ok cold sweat over thank god I was wondering how i was going to tell the mrs lol

Dale said:
Announcement!

Baring any unforseen bugs, DCM will be released in the next couple of days. :)

12 months of work will be finished. :D

Dale

PS: Houman the source code will be available then. :)

Sounds great. The game is a bit broken as of Warlords, due to the "imbaness" of the Trebuchet. Perhaps this mod can be retooled for Warlords without too much work, and the balancing problems with the treb solved with the same stone. I'll check out this mod for vanilla Civ as soon as it is released.

Top Bottom