[SDK] Dale's Combat Mod!

boneys26 said:
It was my bios settings from installing my new ram card i just changed them :thumbsup: ok cold sweat over thank god I was wondering how i was going to tell the mrs lol

OH yeah that darn bios bugger, dont get to many problems with that, thats why its not mentioned much anymore. Well anyways, you got it fixed, thats one reason i am not married anymore, dont have to worry about the mrs just what i dont "wrong." LOL:crazyeye:

strategyonly said:
thats one reason i am not married anymore, dont have to worry about the mrs just what i dont "wrong." LOL:crazyeye:

The way its going i won't be much longer she keeps getting in the way of my civi time ;) and as for the kids damm cupboard isn't big enough:mischief: lol

Dale, mod's going great (2nd game 1235AD no problems) i've started getting used to the stacking too now after the AI gave me a hard fast lesson the first game just wish that damm huayna would leave me alone:(

boneys26 said:
The way its going i won't be much longer she keeps getting in the way of my civi time ;) and as for the kids damm cupboard isn't big enough:mischief: lol

Dale, mod's going great (2nd game 1235AD no problems) i've started getting used to the stacking too now after the AI gave me a hard fast lesson the first game just wish that damm huayna would leave me alone:(

Wonder how your getting so far, i cant get pass the first 50 years or so? :confused: Havent had an update in a week or so.

How long is the range of the artillery? Because an aircraft like a P-51 mustang (something like the first fighter in Civ 4) has a range of at least 1.5 thousand miles. The longest ranged artillery peice in the world (the Paris gun) had a range of about 80 miles. That means that the range of the artillery probably shouldn't go beyond adjacent squares.

My artillery fires up to 2 squares away (not including the tile its on) but i'm not sure if i edited that myself or not in the unitinfos.xml (I've edited so many units) I know i edited all the jet fighters and bombers so they can bomb up to 10 tiles away or was it more...

Dale i had the 2 crashes last game (civ4 encounterd a problem) and i've had 3 so far in this one. it seams to crash when i start a war or when i'm fighting a war. the rest of the time its ok. I can't put the logs on here for some reason its not letting me put the zip file on. but i will as soon as it lets me mate :thumbsup:

This mod looks good Dale. I've played it for a few games without any problems. I can't wait until you release the full vesion and the source code so I can add it to my mods. So, what's the ETA on the release date if there are no more bugs?

Dale, great mod.

I have merged your mod with my own personal mod and it played fine up until 1360 when it crashed, with the error being the gamecore, now I replayed it right up to the crash and deleted all other civs except my own via the worldbuilder then replayed it, it was then fine with no crash.

Any clues?

Regards

Riker 13 :crazyeye:

Riker13 said:
Dale, great mod.

I have merged your mod with my own personal mod and it played fine up until 1360 when it crashed, with the error being the gamecore, now I replayed it right up to the crash and deleted all other civs except my own via the worldbuilder then replayed it, it was then fine with no crash.

Any clues?

Regards

Riker 13 :crazyeye:

I found that you don't need to delete any thing sometimes it will let you play past the crash point on reload but it will crash again some time later though :sad:

Unfortunately it crashes at the same point every time I reload that game :(

The problem is pointing to the gamecore, but as I know less than nothing about .dll I cant fix it myself.

Hopefully DALE or someone else may show me the light :) if not I will have to wait until DALE turns this Mod in to just Python and .xml, that I understand :)

Regards

Riker13 :crazyeye:

Sorry guys, I've been really sick the last 4 days and haven't done anything with this mod in the meantime.

Riker13:
As to your crash, it'll be a catapult an AI at war is trying to use. There was a problem with them that is now fixed (but not uploaded yet).

Boneys:
Glad to hear your PC is all sorted out now mate. :)

Norseman:
The range of artillery is set through xml. I've set an arbitrary 1 square for all bombarding units (including frigate) except for artillery and battleship which is 2.

Dale said:
Ranged Field Bombardment:
- Bombarding units now able to bombard cities, units in cities, units in the field (and sea) as well as tile improvements
I just have to say thank you :D It's about time someone fixed this issue that bothered me the most about this game.

Dale, sorry to hear you was unwell :p , I hope you are better now. :)

Thanks for the reply, when will this new update be posted?

Regards

Riker13 :crazyeye:

Hope you're feeling better mate :health: :thumbsup: I had to lie a bit to the comp shop to exchange my faulty 1 gig ram:mischief: i bought a new one then took the old one back saying it was the one i just bought and it was faulty so i got 2x new 1gb ram 400MHz for the price of 1 without any faults :lol: ;) ..... i know naughty naughty but i spend enough money in there so its about time i got some return:goodjob: Wonder if it would work with me graphics card too :lol: ;)

Also mate, I went out and got warlords too, not installed it yet, I'm busy testing the mod for now but at least i have it for when you need a tester when you make it compatable with warlords :thumbsup: any way hope your bugs gone or almost gone now.:)

Boneys:

You can install Warlords and use both systems at the same time. Just keep an icon for ..\Sid Meiers Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe and ..\Sid Meiers Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlords.exe. That way you get the best of both worlds. :)

Riker:

Hopefully in the next few days. :)

Dale

Announcement!

DCM has been released! :D

See the first post for details.

Dale

Top Bottom