[SDK/MOD] Throughout the Ages v1.0

Can you add a world map for more of fun ?

Well since maps are not located in the main mod folder, I don't see how I could make one and include it in a patch. If you want an Earth Map, there is one available for download here on this forum. However, if you asking for a scenario, unfortunately, at the momment I have no idea how to go about making one.

Alright everyone,

There's a new patch available for download. This one is a big one with quite few additions and changes. Check the Changelog for more info.

NOTE: Saved Games will most likely no longer function with this patch. If they do load, some of the new cultural changes will likely not take effect.

I have also uploaded a new full version of Throughout the Ages to 3d downloads. (For those who have yet to download.) I am just waiting for the approval. Hopefully it should be available by the end of the day. ;)

EDIT: I just noticed after starting a new game that the slow borders growth wasn't working. I've updated the v1.07 patch link with the new file so it's all good now. However, for those who will download the new version from 3d dowloads when it is available, they will have to download this patch again to replace the CvGameCoreDLL.dll file which will have the old working cultural border growth code.

Unfortunately, the one side effect is that the config .ini file parameter that allows the player to enable or disable the slow border growth will not function atm.

I've already notified TheLopez about this (it's his change to Chalid's original code) so hopefully he will track down why it wasn't working and help me fix it. ;)

I am having too many pthlon errors, here is the error i continue to get, there is another one but i didn't copy it down.

Taceback(most recent call last):

getting pythlon errors after i downloaded your patch, the newest one that you released.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CivScreensInterface", Line 563, In handleInput

File "PLEMainInterface", line 4991, in handleInput

File "PLEMainInterface", line 481, In getPlotListButtonName

File "MonkeyTools", line 495, in BAit

AttributeError:'module' object has no attribute 'getEventManager'

Edit: sorry for double posting, it seems tab made me mess up.

darkedone02 said:
getting pythlon errors after i downloaded your patch, the newest one that you released.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CivScreensInterface", Line 563, In handleInput

File "PLEMainInterface", line 4991, in handleInput

File "PLEMainInterface", line 481, In getPlotListButtonName

File "MonkeyTools", line 495, in BAit

AttributeError:'module' object has no attribute 'getEventManager'

Edit: sorry for double posting, it seems tab made me mess up.

That's really odd. It's just as odd as the bug that I got earlier. After submitting the newest full version of my mod to 3d downloads I decided to play a new game as the Canadian Empire. After about 250 or so turns I realized that I wasn't getting any random events and then realized that when I built a new city I didn't get the popup to rename it either.

I decided to copy all of the random event python files and paste them into my mod's folder. Everything worked all of a sudden. The odd thing is I didn't even change any python code. :confused:

I'll zip up the python files and post those up as well. Hopefully this will solve your problem as well. ;)

EDIT: I've fixed the current v1.07 patch. Let me know if it works. ;)

EDIT2: I came to another startling realization... The New Game Core dll wasn't in the right place for the patch, and I was also missing the config file. Re-download the 1.07 patch and let me know if you have any additional problems. ;)

Alright Everyone,

I have uploaded the newset full version of my mod for those of you who are newly downloading this mod. However, I only discovered last night that the screens don't pop up. When you build a city, the random events and the dawn of man screen don't pop up for some odd reason.

However, I have a python patch which will fix this issue. ;)

Download link is in the first post. ;)

This looks like an excellent mod, the kind I have been waiting for. (I like Sevo and Total Realism too), but this one looks to change the game in a much more profound way that I am looking forward to.

Started a new game this morning, huge Pangaea, 11 civs I think. Bad start. I quickly got boxed in on a corner of the continent. So I am going to try to mass-produce those warriors to get some more land and cities. :)

One question, what are all those little button/icons in the bottom middle above where you give your unit orders? Looks like there is a health symbol, etc....anyone have a legend for using these?

Thanks much.

Knightfall68 said:
This looks like an excellent mod, the kind I have been waiting for. (I like Sevo and Total Realism too), but this one looks to change the game in a much more profound way that I am looking forward to.

Started a new game this morning, huge Pangaea, 11 civs I think. Bad start. I quickly got boxed in on a corner of the continent. So I am going to try to mass-produce those warriors to get some more land and cities. :)

One question, what are all those little button/icons in the bottom middle above where you give your unit orders? Looks like there is a health symbol, etc....anyone have a legend for using these?

Thanks much.

Oh that is the Plot List Enhancement Interface. The first 4 from left to right are how the unit buttons are stacked. The others are for concentrating what type of unit, health, and a few other things. There should be a more in depth explaination somewhere. Check the PLE readme file I provided. It's in the Readme folder. If that still doesn't answer your question, look for 12monkey's PLE mod. ;)

Sorry doesn't work with me (v. 1.07 patch 1.61), may be because I use french localized version??? I get no text in the starting screens too bad seems to be a good mod

Dedelph said:
Sorry doesn't work with me (v. 1.07 patch 1.61), may be because I use french localized version??? I get no text in the starting screens too bad seems to be a good mod

Hmm... Are you getting no text on the main menu or is it just in the civilopedia?

Agent 009 said:
Hmm... Are you getting no text on the main menu or is it just in the civilopedia?

I get no text in the main menu and at the beginning of the game. I get the leaderhead and lots of ,,,;<;;; :confused:

I didn't go further :(

Hello,

I just got this mod and have a couple of questions:

- where to you put the Python patch?
- when trying to load the mod, it gets lots of xml errors. Any ideas?

thanks...

Dedelph said:
I get no text in the main menu and at the beginning of the game. I get the leaderhead and lots of ,,,;<;;;

I didn't go further

Ahh ok that seems like a version incompatiblilty error. Are you running the 1.61 Civ 4 patch. It is the latest patch and so this mod will not work without it. ;)

I know you said about that is the version you are using, but this is the only thing I can think of that could be causing this error. Try reinstalling the version 1.61 patch and see if it works. ;)

I should have realized that the other day... but I was tired at the time. If you are running in another language the only thing you'll find wrong is some of the civilopedia entries are missing cause I didn't translate them all. ;)

Nasty64 said:
Hello,

I just got this mod and have a couple of questions:

- where to you put the Python patch?
- when trying to load the mod, it gets lots of xml errors. Any ideas?

thanks...

The Python patch will fix those errors. Just drop the python folder into the Mod's Assets folder and it will copy over the existing python files. Click yes when prompted. ;)

Love the concept, games definitely go by to fast. Way too many turns for techs early in the game though. Other than that, very good.

Joker420 said:
Love the concept, games definitely go by to fast. Way too many turns for techs early in the game though. Other than that, very good.

Yeah I had another method in mind that is currently untested. The method would be a tier based tech system based on the Y co-ords, and the point would increase exponentially each following tier.

Example:

1. 10 000
2. 20 518
3. 34 775
4. 52 771
5. 74 507
6. 99 982
7. 118 437
8. 138 429
9. 159 984
10. 183 098
11. 207 771
12. 234 004
13. 261 796
14. 291 146
15. 322 056
16. 354 524
17. 388 552
18. 424 139
19. 461 285
20. 500 000

Basically the first row of techs would be 10000 pts, and the future tech would be 500000 pts. These numbers I could cut down by 50% and also have adjusted percentages for the various game speeds, but the best part is it would make the earlier tech easier to research.

Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea. ;)

Agent, thanks for the help.

I reinstalled the mod and copied the Python as you suggested and it works now.

Agent 009 said:
Yeah I had another method in mind that is currently untested. The method would be a tier based tech system based on the Y co-ords, and the point would increase exponentially each following tier.

Example:

1. 10 000
2. 20 518
3. 34 775
4. 52 771
5. 74 507
6. 99 982
7. 118 437
8. 138 429
9. 159 984
10. 183 098
11. 207 771
12. 234 004
13. 261 796
14. 291 146
15. 322 056
16. 354 524
17. 388 552
18. 424 139
19. 461 285
20. 500 000

Basically the first row of techs would be 10000 pts, and the future tech would be 500000 pts. These numbers I could cut down by 50% and also have adjusted percentages for the various game speeds, but the best part is it would make the earlier tech easier to research.

Let me know if you guys think this is a good idea. ;)
The reason I think your mod is bad is this

link to the "v1.07 Python Patch" not working.

Top Bottom