Sea resources missing post-patch

2evster48

Chieftain
I have removed all my mods (unsubscribed and deleted) and cleared the cache but I don't ever get sea resources with any leader. Anyone else had this and if so what's the solution

If you turn on the show yields option, can you see any better tiles near the coast? In case it's just a graphics glitch. Could you post a save game with this happening?

Thanks, I tried that but apart from the Great Barrier Reef there are no additional yields. Save game just shows blank sea tiles; I checked the resources xml file and all the sea resources are present

I meant that could you upload a save game file on this forum, so I could test it :)

When you say you deleted the mods, are you aware that they are stored in a very obscure location, if downloaded through Steam's workshop, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\ + lots of numbers

When you reply to this thread (or any other), there's a "more options" button in the lower right corner. After clicking that, just select "upload a file" and select a save game on your computer. They're located in C:\Users\X\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single for single player games, replace X with your user name.

edit. actually, you don't even need to click the more options thingy, I'm just being blind

Thanks, her's my latest save game. Althouigh nt fully explored this map has no sea resources where I might expect at least one or two

Attachments

• AMANITORE 21 3200 BC.Civ6Save
    598.7 KB · Views: 54
I tried it and yes, seems like there's no water resources at all. You're sure you have unsubscribed and deleted the mods both in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\289070 and C:\Users\X\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods ?
(again, replace X with your user name, and these are the default locations - could be somewhere else if you've chosen so)

If you're positive you got rid of the mods and it still doesn't work, you could try deleting the folders Maps and Gameplay in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\, then use the "verify game file integrity" option in Steam, so it'll download them again (it's only ~5MB combined, so it shouldn't take long). Other than that, I really have no idea, other than uninstalling, removing the remnants manually, then reinstalling.

I had the same issue, iir that was caused by the mod containing the "detailed" map scripts.

Appreciate your help. Although I'm my PC administrator I get error messages telling me access is denied when I try to delete that folder! Tried all sorts of workarounds but no luck - guess I'll have to wait until the mods become usable again

My Mod is physically still there, simply disabled. I just don't use the maps...

I had the same issue, iir that was caused by the mod containing the "detailed" map scripts.
I too had the lack-of-sea-resources problem when I had Detailed Worlds enabled. After I disabled the mod, the sea resources returned on subsequent maps.

Appreciate your help. Although I'm my PC administrator I get error messages telling me access is denied when I try to delete that folder! Tried all sorts of workarounds but no luck - guess I'll have to wait until the mods become usable again
Kill the process igfxem.exe to unlock the files
You don't need to delete them though

Because I love a good mystery, I have read several threads on steam forums for a couple different games that people are unable to delete in the steam directory. The most common cause is a process that validates the integrity of intel integrated graphics drivers holding locks on files it should not. I think the program is unique to laptops, at least I don't have it on my desktop.
I think it's under services as Intel HD Graphics Control Panel Services. Stop the process and change startup to from automatic to manual. If not there maybe look under processes/details in task manager. In windows 10 I know you can right click a process and go to service to find the service that starts it.

Top Bottom