Serious issues with BAT/BUG

hubutz

Chieftain
Hello!

I've got some seriours problem with the BAT-mod. The Interface is not shown and I'm not able to go into the options (not even into the normal ones) if i enable BAT. Thats not that nice cause i really like the improvements....

For BUT i have another silly, but serious problem. I can start it, i see the interface, i can go to the options of BUG, BUT the changes i made to the options aren't saved. There are only two buttons at the bottom of the option screen "help", which leads me to a help page in the net and "exit" which seems to redo all my changes and exits the options screen.
I'm really helpless now in how to proceed.

To be honest i already uninstalled whole Civ4 and reinstalled it (having the Civ4 Complete package) but that didn't help in any way.

So i'd really apreciate some help :)

Cheers,
Ben

I'd have a little question as well. The little buttons above the unit-images... what do they mean? Is there somewhere a documentation of that?

This is probably related to several other threads started on this subject. First, did you use the installer or the zip file? If you used the zip you probably didn't install it properly. I'd really suggest running the installer if you did use the zip and let it do all the hard work for you. If that didn't work, read some of the other threads (I think there are about 4 that we've repeated everything in, so it doesn't really matter which one you read, it will be about the same.) Also, do not reply in this thread please, but move it into one of the others threads on this issue.

i'm sorry for double posting, BUT the fix in the reg did help!

But now i've got another fu***** problem. I started yesterday a game with BUG and... I've saved the startsave cause it was a really nice position (and i'm such a bloody newbie...).

Is it possible to import that startsave to BAT mod somehow? That would be sooooo cute! :)

Glad it works Hubutz.:) You can't start a game that is is started without a Mod, with a mod.:( I wish it could be done, but alas, there is no way.:(

mhm... yeah, thanks for your help.

but can you help me once more? the buttons over the unit bars. what is the function of them? :)

cheers

From left to right:

View unit buttons in the standard format
View unit buttons in a multiline format
View unit buttons sorted vertically
View unit buttons sorted horizonially
Don't display wounded units
Don't display unwounded units
Don't display air units
Don't display naval units
Don't display land units
Don't display military units
Don't display units you own
Don't display units other players own
Select units by unit type
Select units by group
Select units available for promotion
Select units available for upgrade

The hover text is not implemented yet.

wow, nice !

Thank you very much!

But i've got one more. in the advanced scoreboard what means:

P The civ's power ratio compared to you

atm there is a 1,2. what does that mean? is my opponent 20% stronger then me?

weird, maybe i missunderstood something.

compare me and togu. there is a "1.0". i'm interestend in what this means :)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    370.4 KB · Views: 110
ist mein Englisch so schlecht, dass man merkt, dass ich Deutscher bin Oo
Also die Optionen sind bei mir alle in Englisch, sorry :/

Beim BUG-Mod sind se deutsch, bei BAT Englisch

That means he has 20% more points than you. The power ratio is just the ratio between your score and your opponent's score.
IIRC - the power ratio is the ratio of your POWER (see power graph via F9) to your opponents POWER.

From left to right:

View unit buttons in the standard format
View unit buttons in a multiline format
View unit buttons sorted vertically
View unit buttons sorted horizonially
Don't display wounded units
Don't display unwounded units
Don't display air units
Don't display naval units
Don't display land units
Don't display military units
Don't display units you own
Don't display units other players own
Select units by unit type
Select units by group
Select units available for promotion
Select units available for upgrade

The hover text is not implemented yet.

How do I turn this feature off?

IIRC - the power ratio is the ratio of your POWER (see power graph via F9) to your opponents POWER.
Seconded. If you see 1,2 it means you have 1,2 times his military power, or 20% more, as you prefer. Remember that the power ratio is partly calculated on the techs you have and the buildings you own, it's not purely based on troops.

Please guys, stop replying in this thread and move it to another section, like general questions. PLE can't be turned of completely until we are able to move everything into it's own file and import it into the mainscreen file. This will take some time to do. You can disable several of the features of it though.

Seconded. If you see 1,2 it means you have 1,2 times his military power, or 20% more, as you prefer. Remember that the power ratio is partly calculated on the techs you have and the buildings you own, it's not purely based on troops.

Thanks for that, If its my power vs his power its... a bit hard to understand but okay. Mabye he had some techs that gave him more :)

Cheers,
hubutz

Glad it works Hubutz.:) You can't start a game that is is started without a Mod, with a mod.:( I wish it could be done, but alas, there is no way.:(
Actually, as long as he can access the World Builder, he could save the map and all its settings as a WB Save, in the WB Save folder, then open it as a Scenario with any MOD loaded. Thats how I used to get posted saves into the HoF mod before I discovered BUG.

Top Bottom