SevoMod 3

I installed 3.1 and played it. It works great except for a tiny little error message that pops up whenever I start the game. The error message is :
"Tag: TECH_ROEMERSTRASSEN in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is Misc/CIV4RouteInfos.xml."

BTW, I am using Sevomod with "sanctioned" UU addons that I downloaded from this thread : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=175920
Probably the conflict may be due to the mod being at 3.1 and the mod addons being at 3.0...

Is there anyway to fix this?

I have played your new version and i got to say, good job. I have played as the vietnam civilization and there was no errors at all, I been making freinds with Don Pedro 2 of the brizallian civilization and conquering the greek civilization, i wonder when the new add-ons will come out to make the game a little bit better. Maybe you should make your own add-on to the game Sevo if your not busy.

I have one request, can you add in custom music on the new civilizations. I don't want any crappy songs like the koreans music.

the standard tank does not seem to have the same "abilities" of other tanks (-50% etc).

Some more units will maybe make the mod even more fun (leopard tank, b52, thomahawk cruise missile, ...) this would make the mod even better (and is not easy ;) )

Good work Sevo!

I have found a bug! Somehow my holy city and other holy citys are being removed. I don't know what's causing this and my holy city did not have any other religion in that city, can you fix that bug for me please.

P.S. I love your theme song, it's awesome.

Again, I have the empty texts when starting the game. I had that with 2.9 also:
Sevo said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titule
That's my problem too.
Is it language dependend? (I'm playing the german version)

The language issues have been resolved in this version. If you're not seeing text it's because you haven't updated to the latest civ version (1.61). Worst case scenario, uninstall civ4, reinstall it, upgrade it to the latest version via the in-game updater, then install my mod and you should have no problems.

Meanwhile I have upgraded to 1.61. Everything was ok for 2.9, but why are the texts missing again now? (In the german version)
(I don't want to install everything from scratch when a new sevomod-versions is released..)

Nearly all the other traits received some sort of free military promotion, Financial gained very little. I think it's a little more even actually.

Cham

Argpmait said:
I installed 3.1 and played it. It works great except for a tiny little error message that pops up whenever I start the game. The error message is :
"Tag: TECH_ROEMERSTRASSEN in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is Misc/CIV4RouteInfos.xml."

BTW, I am using Sevomod with "sanctioned" UU addons...Is there anyway to fix this?

That's a problem with the add-on; Keldath probably hasn't had time to bring it up to speed yet. You should let him know in his mod thread.

Sisonpyh said:
Why buff financial like that? It's already overpowered and now it makes organized even more worthless.

Well, financial to me seems like it should be, well, financial. Always bothered me that organized was basically another financial but a less useful and less powerful one. You guys may be right and it might be too much, but honestly it's probably not that big a boost--even the -50% upkeep was underpowered, and all the traits have been bolstered a bit so I wanted to bring financial up to speed just a bit.

The big difference I hope will be adding the free formation promos to organized. It makes sense--the organized civs "fight" in a more organized fashion and are more likely to withdraw effectively and save their troops. That could make a big difference in combat play.

Anyway, as always, let's play with it a bit and see how it plays out. If need be we can shift back to -50% for organized and drop the -25% from financial.

Kommari said:
Gr8 mod Sevo, but I'll stick with warlords atm

:cry: Fine. Here's what I think of you then: :p

:lol:

Chamrin said:
What do you mean by "first strikes fixed", how were they broken before? How are they changed?

Cham

LunarMongoose pointed out in his SDK fixes thread that the first strike chances were broken. I actually looked at the code myself and found what he was talking about. Basically, if a unit had a +1 first strike chance he never got it. 1-2 first strike chances would only give 1 chance, 2-3 chances would only actually give 1-2, and so on.

The problem was that the the random chance generator counted starting at 0 instead of 1, so you always got one less first strike chance that you thought. You'll note that this totally invalidated the first Drill promo; since it grants 1 first strike chance only, a unit with Drill I was identical in combat probability to one without the promo when the game did the combat, but it always appeared to be stronger when the game predicted outcome.

Anyway, he pointed out the problem and made a quick fix, so the first strike chances actually work correctly now.

Titule said:
Again, I have the empty texts when starting the game. I had that with 2.9 also:

Meanwhile I have upgraded to 1.61. Everything was ok for 2.9, but why are the texts missing again now? (In the german version)
(I don't want to install everything from scratch when a new sevomod-versions is released..)

You know--I'm looking into this and I only have English as an option on my system for some reason. There's a problem here somewhere. Give me a few to figure this out.

Sevo said:
You know--I'm looking into this and I only have English as an option on my system for some reason. There's a problem here somewhere. Give me a few to figure this out.

A few what? Seconds, Hints, Debug-Outputs? :) Ok.
If I can :help: you to find a solution, e-mail me.

YE HAHA
BRAZIL IS IN THE MAP XDDD How sweety....Hum, Don Pedro looks a bit strange..Ah well, his family came from Portugal and portugueses are always strange, so.. :p

Anyway, Real good upgrade, keep it up :goodjob:

As I already said, I'm waiting you convert the mod to warlods and only then I buy it :D

Hi All,

To All Those Who Asked,

I Will Release A New 3uu Mod In A Few Days...sevo Gave Me Quite A Lot Of Work...
I Have To Make 2 Uu For All The New Civs, And A Few Changes Of My Own - So It Will Take About A Week Or So.

I Decided To Postpone My Sevomod+3uu Ultimate To Warlords,
Because I Had Trouble Merging It,

But I Made A Version That Has Only My Uu Without Sevo - If Anyone Wants It, I Might Post It By Requast.

Im Going To Add A Special Treat To My Mods - Partisan Unit - Works Just Like In Civ 2 - I Tested It - And It Works Fine - Thanks To Gir For That.

Titule said:
A few what? Seconds, Hints, Debug-Outputs? :) Ok.
If I can :help: you to find a solution, e-mail me.

A few minutes, as it turns out.

I finally understand what's going on. If there's a SINGLE text info in the entire /XML/Text/ directory that doesn't have all the languages they become unavailable. When I added CivGold the Brazilians had only <english> tags, so english became the only available option.

I've uploaded a patch to fix this and it seems to be working here. D/L & install the patch and let me know if this fixes it up for you.

It's quite funny that the first strikes in the regular game are messed up. Did you happen to notice if the first strike chances were distruted normally or uniformly? I presume they're uniform by what you said above with the counting, this would give each first strike a 50% chance of happening. But they could also have done something weird like make it 30% or something.

Flanking could use a little work. Given how easy it is to get a horse archer up to 110% withdrawl chance. I propose when two units have withdrawl chances subtract them from each other, and the attacking unit will get a reduced withdrawl chance. (Fast units can stop other fast units from escaping).

I'd also like to see a withdrawl option for when you're on defense, call it a retreat chance, works just like withdrawl chance (things are subtracted from it too, so it has a lower retreat chance if the attacking unit has any flanking chance). Make it work like in Civ 3 where it can only escape if there's a free square among the 3 squares behind the defending unit. The viet kong could get this skill. Perhaps several others.

Arlborn said:
YE HAHA
BRAZIL IS IN THE MAP XDDD How sweety....Hum, Don Pedro looks a bit strange..Ah well, his family came from Portugal and portugueses are always strange, so.. :p

I love how his song is the United States Marine Corps March.

Cham

Sevo said:
Anyway, stay tuned for the Sevomod-3.1415926535 Final Release...I'll keep you guys posted but it shouldn't be long.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually, the release number is 3.1415926535898

Sevo said:
-Added French Texts done by Titi, fixes by ToysRUs.
Catching up after three weeks away from the computer... Anyone noticing problems with the French version, or messes (compared to the English one) please don't hesitate to say so!

I have the same problem like Titule with my missing text.
After DL the patch a and overriding the old assets in my mod/sevomod/assets diretory it isn't solved for me. :cry:
I also have the german version.

Jalapenos said:
After DL the patch a and overriding the old assets in my mod/sevomod/assets diretory it isn't solved for me. :cry:
When I translated the English version into French, I noticed that some German translations were missing. Unfortunately, my German skills are far too low to allow me to correct this problem!
For the records, I also found that some Spanish translations were not up-to-date (Spanish and Portuguese are not so different, and living in Angola I can speak Portuguese ;))

Jalapenos said:
Welcome to the boards Jalapenos!

Top Bottom