SevoMod 3

I played a bit around with the mod, but quickly grew tired of the start phase. It is painful. It seems counter-intuitive to me that technologies reveals basic animal resources at this stage. Wouldn't it be the other way around? You see a pig. You think: Hmm, I wonder how pig tastes. And you fork one. You then invent the pigsty. At the very least, Hunting should reveal _ALL_ animals, making hunting an interesting early tech, not just for fur which no one rarely haves, but for all the other animals. I mean I am sure that mankind got his appetite for beef, pork and such by shooting it first, then inventing husbandry later.

Having the tech first, then the resource, seems to artifically slow down the start game. You simply have no clue where to put your cities! Later in game, it doesn't matter as much, but most of the "no tech" resources like animals should probably be clear from the start. I mean, camman. Elephants! Who'd have bloody missed their huge sizes and ivory tusks, even if you are unaware of what you can make out of them?

Is there a way to increase the number of res tiles revealed at the start for a little more running start?

[EDIT]
Found the xml files with the rules, so I modded my animal ressources back to the lowest tech reveal again.

Can somebody help me please.I'm new to all this modding and I am having ttrouble with the Servo mod. I hav put it in the right file I think but when it restarts, it doesn't do anything. I tried removing the game and reloading it to get rid of the Green mod etc as I thought this was the problem. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

Col

Or it could be that you just have to wait a little bit, with me it take ages before it starts the loading screen, just need to wait. That is if you installed it right, if not, then look up ^^^

Sevo: You should really add the Classical Religion mod to the next version, its an awsome mod.

Does your .ini file include a line "Mod=Mods\Greenmod"? Did you create a shortcut with an additional parameter, like "mod=\Greenmod"?

Hi again. If I open Civ4 folder, then Mods folder, I have American Revolution, desert WAr, Greek World, Tutorial, Clear Cache, Greenmod, Realism, Servomod and Assets folders. If I click on Servomod I have Assets,sdk Changed Files,and a couple of others. Can you tell me if this is right?

Thanks for all your time.

Yes This Is Kinda Right -

Do This,

Go To The Main Civ4 Folder -
Look For Civ4.ini

There Find A Line:
Mods = 0

(you May Find It Using Ctrl+f - To Find It In Notepad)

Then - Instead Of "0" - Write - Sevomod (or Servomod - If Thats How You Named Sevomod..)

And Then Load The Game And Wait - It May Take From 5-10 Minutes Until You Get Result On Your Screen -it Slow - Due To The Many Details On Sevomod.

some tweaking needs to be made
the bazooka is wayyyy early it should be when you get modern armor not before you get first tanks !

second , the mojahed unites are still very early , they spawn before the modern age , which is not making sense

a fix would be appreciated

Can't find Civ4.ini file. Which folder is it in? The Servomod config settings are below:

[CONFIG]

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = sevomod

sprost1 said:
Can't find Civ4.ini file. Which folder is it in? The Servomod config settings are below:

Sevo, mate. Sevo. No 'r'.

You .ini file should be in your folder \documents and settings\<your windows name>\documents\my games\sid meier's civilization 4\ or something like that.

First off, I love Sevomod. I am having a problem with 3.1 loading correctly. I played 3.0 and everything played great.

But now that i've installed 3.1, none of the mod actually loads. It's says it's loading Sevomod in the dialog box during initialization and says Sevomod on the main screen, (in the top right hand corner, not how the screen actually should look), but everything else is pure vanilla. :crazyeye:

I've tried unsucessfully reinstalling both Civ and sevomod and patch C. I have no idea what it could be since 3.0 worked perfectly. Any advice is appreciated.

some tweaking needs to be made
the bazooka is wayyyy early it should be when you get modern armor not before you get first tanks !

Carnivore, I have to say I disagree with you on this one with the bazooka at least, according to history itself they first started to develop the bazooka(or similiar enough to count items anyway) in the early 1900's, here's a link that may help somewhat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazooka

The actual use of bazookas, panzerschrecks and what not wasn't really used before the second world war. You conveniently forgot to mention that the developement of the bazooka was commenced in 1918, and dropped 5 days later because the war ended. For all intents and purposes, bazooka was invented in the ww2. It should be available around the arrival of panzer, not before it, since it is a counter deviced for that specific thing.

But that being said, it gives the lower tech guys a bit of a chance to counter tanks if they aren't up to scratch on the latest military hardware. So perhaps bazookas works fine, balance wise, even if they arrive a wee bit early.

I am playing a game sevo 3-1c (with gir add on)
I like this mod very much ( it's much better than playing warlords)
As one of the leading civs (Hammurabi) i am losing tech leak research points
to civs , i have no open border or resource agreement with.

Is a a bug or is it meant tob in this way ?

ichiro51 said:
i think i have the newest version of sevomod (1.0)
but for some reason the civolopedia stopped working

did i miss something? at my pc 3.1 is the latest version..

CrazyAce said:
Dude something is wrong with this mod, I keep getting CTD at teh year 1320 AD with an error reports to send off to Microsoft.
doesn't sound like a sevomod error ..

First - Great Mod, I find this mod much more enjoyable than vanilla CIV IV.

I experenced one strange occurance last night. A French worker clearly inside my culture border on a tile my citizen was working - but in both our citys fat cross (eg the x in the following CXxXC) - "improved" the tile from a fully developed Town to a Farm? (Unwise choice...)

I had just liberated the city citizens from the cruel Russia overlords when France planted the offending city and started the improvement while my city was in resistance - however, before the improvement was completed the tile was within my culture boundry!

I had open borders with france and wanted to see if the impovement would really occur - it did. I have decided to reply to this act of terrorism by eliminating the French From the face of the planet (EARTH 18 CIV) - china will not allow our hard working townspeople inside our cultural borders to be displaced without action being taken. This will be fun - Gunships, Mobile Infantry & Bombers vs Knights, Maces & Musketeers. China looks forward to the French food & citys.

Top Bottom