Sevomod: Feedback

Is there a way to have it randomize the colors of the civs better without picking what civs you want to play against? Hubby and I are playing a game in hotseat with 12 other comp players and there are 4 different shades of green civs and 4 diff shades of red. I know Christmas is not too far away, but that's a little crazy! Other than that we love the Mod!
*points and laughs* Seriously I havn't had the problem that bad, but pink next to light red is annoying.

@Sevo:
The mod's great, and the default startup when I play. The one(err, three) things I would like to see would be the option of the top three UN resolutions in the game setup menu. So those of us who detest having to deal with the UN every 5 turns could get the open borders/one currency/no nukes at the start.

The island Hubby is on have 1 other comp civ and they are the exact same shade green and him, so the borders just blend together, even though they are 2 diff civs.

Are there any maps that are compatible with Sevomod? Maps that have all the extra resources and at least some of the new civs?

jimmygeo

Hey, I'm wondering if there's a map of Earth available with all of the new resources that come with SevoMod.

Hey! what's gong on with this mod? I can't seem to win. Playing as the Persians at warlord level, I got to 75% of land and pop. in the 1940's, was elected Sec'y Gen. of the UN in the '60's, launched the spaceship in the early '90's and eliminated my last rival in 2003 ... and I STILL haven't won!!! This is a good mod, but it's getting BORING not being able to win and not having anything much to do but wait for a time victory.

jimmygeo

Hey! what's gong on with this mod? I can't seem to win.

jimmygeo

It sounds like you're playing for a "Mastery" win. Check your options. Mastery has some nice features, but unfortunately has no early-out win.

It sounds like you're playing for a "Mastery" win. Check your options. Mastery has some nice features, but unfortunately has no early-out win.

Thanks. I think I may well be playing 'Mastery'--damn:( I have seen a mastery score on the victory screen, so maybe that's what I'm playing although I didn't want to. How does one select 'regular' victory conditions?

jimmygeo

How does one select 'regular' victory conditions?
When you start Civ IV, select the fourth line of the first screen (customized game or something like that) and on the following page, uncheck "mastery".

When you start Civ IV, select the fourth line of the first screen (customized game or something like that) and on the following page, uncheck "mastery".

Thanks, Titi. I'll try this the next game.

jimmygeo

you definitly should add support for foobar2000. ok winamp is most popular player but the foobar2000 is definitly the best music player!
www.foobar2000.org

and of course sevo for warlords should be released ;)

Dear Mr. Sevo,

I'm amazed. I'm amazed with good opinions your mod has collected. Well, I don't understand why people like your mod so much. I agree, it is good, but here are two points I dislike in your mod:
1. It is not "user friendly". Well, I could call it "user rude". Gilgamesh and few other leaders have offered me a deal with comment "something stinks in here". Also, they said that I could "use some beauty sleep".
2. Point two. Grave mistake you have made. I noticed four great people in this mod: Adolf Hitler, Fidel Castro, Joseph Stalin and Saddam Hussein. I have two theories about this. You are a child who does not know who those people were. Or you have such sick views. If you do, it is a terrible mistake to show them in your mod. And as I said, I am amazed people find this mod good.

Wyz Sub told me you have just chosen some ideas from other mods. And here goes my third theory, these grave mistakes are just components from other mods. You have just foolishly chosen these ideas. I wish to believe that it is just your incompetence with choosing best fragments from other mods. And with this wish I would like to end this criticism.

While Hitler, Castro, Stalin, and Saddam were tyrants, they did make thier country a better place economicaly, and military wise, just not err... socialy-wise. Iraq, Germany, and Russia were terrible places to live, people starving, poor wages.

uhm...i had a defensive pact with another civ and they sneaked attacked me while the pact was active. is this supposed to happen?

please do so sevo is not coming back and if possible make it warlords comp.the community would be grateful

Well it's too bad that Sevo is gone because I just read that whole thread before putting in my piece. :) Oh well, it's not such a big deal anyway, and the thread was interesting. So here I will spout off anyway.

I like the mod a lot and the only problem I had with it was with the Mastery victory condition. It's not explained anywhere within the mod, so you have to find out the hard way what it means, which can be unpleasant, especially when you get stuck in the loophole that it opens: Whereas other victory conditions will sweep you out of the game just when you're past your climax, Mastery requires that you finish even if you know you're gonna win. Sure, comebacks are generally possible, but they aren't universally possible; in my one game with SevoMod I struggled to the top of the heap and gained such power that I knew I could stop anybody from building a spaceship or trying to conquer a significant portion of my land; there just was no question. But there were still eighty-some turns left! Maybe it should be like in baseball, where you HAVE to play until time runs out... unless you are winning by a ridiculously high margin, and then you get to stop, instead of having to retire in disgust like I did.

That is all. :)

I installed this patch and my whole Civ4 game stopped working. Anyone else have this problem while having SEvo or does Sevo work with new patch??

The hungarian leaderhead freezes the game on me. Fun!

:(

I installed this patch and my whole Civ4 game stopped working. Anyone else have this problem while having SEvo or does Sevo work with new patch??
Not sure, but the mod was created when the latest version was 1.68
So it's likely it won't work with 1.74

Top Bottom