Sevomod: Support & Bug Reports

Arlborn said:
??

That:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods
Is the right folder. My documents may work, but I heard that it had(maybe not anymore) some bugs or so...No you didnt create unneeded files..Most of the people play mods by the firaxis folder...

Thanks :) Got it right now, playing good. I had a question that doesn't pertain directly to sevomod but I thought I'd ask you. I'd like to know what the recommended settings for civilizationIV.ini are for a high spec system...

Specifically the section with:

; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
DisableFileCaching = 1
; Disable caching of xml and file system (may slow initialization)
DisableCaching = 0

It seems that the xml/file system caching is on by default but not the "file system". Is this because of possible problems or is it OK to enable caching of the file system as well?

-Ryan :)

This may be more of a general mod question, but I was directed to specific threads from the newbie thread.

When I installed this mod and started a game with it, the interface was gone. I used CTRL-I and Shift-I to try to bring it back, to no effect.

The same thing happened with the HOF mod (and I'm looking for a thread related to that to ask there as well, but haven't found it yet...). Is there something I'm missing with installing the mods?

ecc said:
Thanks :) Got it right now, playing good. I had a question that doesn't pertain directly to sevomod but I thought I'd ask you. I'd like to know what the recommended settings for civilizationIV.ini are for a high spec system...

Specifically the section with:

; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
DisableFileCaching = 1
; Disable caching of xml and file system (may slow initialization)
DisableCaching = 0

It seems that the xml/file system caching is on by default but not the "file system". Is this because of possible problems or is it OK to enable caching of the file system as well?

-Ryan :)

If you play more than 1 mod its adviseble to put all caches off and delete your cache content in the cache folder...But if you dont platy mods or only one mod, than you can leave on and it starts the game *faster*..

@Steev42: Did you try to reinstall it?? Or maybe you have a cache problem? I think I already saw people with this problem in othner mods, but I cant remember exactely what was wrong..

Arlborn said:
@Steev42: Did you try to reinstall it?? Or maybe you have a cache problem? I think I already saw people with this problem in othner mods, but I cant remember exactely what was wrong..

No, I haven't tried a reinstall at all. I'll give that a try, though.

Edit: Seemed to work. Thanks.

Just a observation: I got already twice the memory allocation error in the same game while loading a save! Its not your fault because it sometimes happens also in other mods and even in the normal Warlords, but I never heard of it happening in vanilla mods nor it ever happened to me! How weird and stupid :p But it is a bug of Firaxis! Although it happens more with Mods and Warlrods because its heavier I guess..

Arlborn said:
Just a observation: I got already twice the memory allocation error in the same game while loading a save! Its not your fault because it sometimes happens also in other mods and even in the normal Warlords, but I never heard of it happening in vanilla mods nor it ever happened to me! How weird and stupid :p But it is a bug of Firaxis! Although it happens more with Mods and Warlrods because its heavier I guess..

I have had thiw m.a.f. with sevomod+gir+keldath (in different versions).
It usually happened at the moment of saving, either autosave or manually saving during a turn

civ4ludo said:
I have had thiw m.a.f. with sevomod+gir+keldath (in different versions).
It usually happened at the moment of saving, either autosave or manually saving during a turn
I think the Visa team (for the 5UU add-on) is working on it. Or maybe they've fixed it? (it's been more than a week since I last switched the PC on!)

Great Mod by the way.

My Current game using Sevomod has recently got stuck. By that I mean, I get to the year 1585AD and end my turn and the next turn never begins. It just gets frozen. I cannot exit out of civ4 or even end the program. I have to do a hard shut down and just turn off the power of my compo & reboot. I have vanilla civ, had a huge map going, 18 civs. I even went into world builder and tried deleting a few entire civs from my current game. Thinking that maybe there were too many units for my compo to handle, but that was not the case.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Or maybe I should just stick with the Large size maps instead of huge. My compo has 2 gigs ram and a good graphics card, also plenty of storage.

Ben E Gas said:
Great Mod by the way.

My Current game using Sevomod has recently got stuck. By that I mean, I get to the year 1585AD and end my turn and the next turn never begins. It just gets frozen. I cannot exit out of civ4 or even end the program. I have to do a hard shut down and just turn off the power of my compo & reboot. I have vanilla civ, had a huge map going, 18 civs. I even went into world builder and tried deleting a few entire civs from my current game. Thinking that maybe there were too many units for my compo to handle, but that was not the case.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
Or maybe I should just stick with the Large size maps instead of huge. My compo has 2 gigs ram and a good graphics card, also plenty of storage.

That is weird! But I remember that I got this in some earlier version of sevomod not long ago, but when a certain stack atacked a city and lost all or almost all units. Then the sound came, sometimes the log also came, but the PC kept loading and loading and going nowhere, jsut frozen..It looks like it got fixed in last versions becuase I never had it again..Maybe its something related to that?

Duuuuuuuuuh. Dummy me didn't realize that there was a new SevoMod version. Just downloaded it last night. I'll have to start a fresh game. Has anyone ran into this problem w/ the latest SevoMOD 3.3? Or has the stack attack bug been fixed?

Thanks for the Help.

Ben E Gas said:
Duuuuuuuuuh. Dummy me didn't realize that there was a new SevoMod version. Just downloaded it last night. I'll have to start a fresh game. Has anyone ran into this problem w/ the latest SevoMOD 3.3? Or has the stack attack bug been fixed?

Thanks for the Help.

Oh, as I said before, for me it didnt happen anymore no :)

Questions: I did what the sevomod instructions said and changed one of the .ini files so that when I click on the short cut for civ4 it loads sevomod automatically. That is a great feature but I cannot load any of my old vanilla civ4 games anymore. If I try to load them, it tells me I have to restart civ4 and load a Mod called "none", which obviously means it wants to restart civ and not load any mods. But for some reason it never loads up civ4 after I click 'ok, restart civ4'.

Anyone else have this problem?

How do I get to play vanilla civ games without having to change that .ini file every time?

Before downloading the new SevoMod, I used to have the same problem, but reversed. I had never changed the .ini file to load up sevomod everytime. But it was a hassle to get my sevomod games loaded. They eventually would load up, but now that I changed the .ini file, I cannot load my vanilla games.
Sevomod games load and work great now, but if anyone could help, that'd be great.

Thanks,

Hi,

I've just installed SevoMod 3.3 and went into Civilization4.ini to specifiy:
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\Sevomod

When launching it, I've got 3 error messages coming one after another :
Here is a copy of the message (can't post screen captures easily) :

1) XML Load Error

Failed loading XML file XML\Civilizations/Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error Parsing XML File -
File : XML\Civilizations/Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml
Reason : "Contenu d'éléments non valide selon la DTD schéma."

----- I use French CIV4, so I translate as best as I can the previous line :
Reason : Content of elements not valid according to DTD scheme

Waiting for : {x-schema:CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml}AnarchyCivics.

Line : 710,13
Source : <Leaders>

2) XML Load Error

LoadXML call failed for Civilizations/Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml
Current XML file is : Units/Civ4UnitInfos.xml

3) XML Error

Tag : CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is : Interface/CIV4WorldPickerInfos.xml

After passing these messages, I arrive to the main screen, can select all the settings except for the last one, the civilization I want to play, because all I have is a unique choice : random.
I selected it anyway to see what will happen and the game instantly crashes when pressing OK. I can see very rapidly a message saying something about Allocated memory. Though my PC is in accordance with pre-requisites, and I can play Vanilla Civ4 on Huge maps with no problems.

If anyone has any idea, comments, questions to search deeper and of course solutions, I'll bless him for the rest of the year.

Thanks.

Ben E Gas said:
Questions: I did what the sevomod instructions said and changed one of the .ini files so that when I click on the short cut for civ4 it loads sevomod automatically. That is a great feature but I cannot load any of my old vanilla civ4 games anymore. If I try to load them, it tells me I have to restart civ4 and load a Mod called "none", which obviously means it wants to restart civ and not load any mods. But for some reason it never loads up civ4 after I click 'ok, restart civ4'.

Anyone else have this problem?

How do I get to play vanilla civ games without having to change that .ini file every time?

Before downloading the new SevoMod, I used to have the same problem, but reversed. I had never changed the .ini file to load up sevomod everytime. But it was a hassle to get my sevomod games loaded. They eventually would load up, but now that I changed the .ini file, I cannot load my vanilla games.
Sevomod games load and work great now, but if anyone could help, that'd be great.

Thanks,
Instead of using the ini file you can just modify your shortcut to the Civ exe. Make a copy of your shortcut, rename it to something like "Sevomod", then right click on it and go to properties. Click the shortcut tab then change the target to: "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe" mod="Mods\Sevomod"

Ktulu said:
Instead of using the ini file you can just modify your shortcut to the Civ exe. Make a copy of your shortcut, rename it to something like "Sevomod", then right click on it and go to properties. Click the shortcut tab then change the target to: "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe" mod="Mods\Sevomod"

I'll try it but where do I type - mod="Mods\Sevomod"?

I thought you change that in the .ini file?

At the moment, I created a backup .ini file and I switch between the two when I need to. Your idea seems better, but I'm unclear at how to do it. Won't both of the shortcuts use the same .ini file?

Yes they will, but then one of the shortcuts will define the "mod variable" at run time, overwriting what is in the .ini file.

@Dabeuz

Je joue aussi &#224; Civ IV en fran&#231;ais... Je viens de t&#233;l&#233;charger Sevomod 3.3 (mais je n'ai pas encore eu le temps d'y jouer !)
Je vais regarder si j'ai les m&#234;mes probl&#232;mes, et si oui si j'arrive &#224; les corriger.

am I supposed to just change the path of the sevomod shortcut to:
"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe" mod="Mods\Sevomod"
Exactly as typed above, quotes and all? -yes

Thanks again for the help.
--------------
edit, I tried it out. it worked like a charm.

Dabeuz said:
Hi,

I've just installed SevoMod 3.3 and went into Civilization4.ini to specifiy:
; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
Mod = Mods\Sevomod

When launching it, I've got 3 error messages coming one after another :
Here is a copy of the message (can't post screen captures easily) :

1) XML Load Error

Failed loading XML file XML\Civilizations/Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error Parsing XML File -
File : XML\Civilizations/Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml
Reason : "Contenu d'éléments non valide selon la DTD schéma."

----- I use French CIV4, so I translate as best as I can the previous line :
Reason : Content of elements not valid according to DTD scheme

Waiting for : {x-schema:CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml}AnarchyCivics.

Line : 710,13
Source : <Leaders>

2) XML Load Error

LoadXML call failed for Civilizations/Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml
Current XML file is : Units/Civ4UnitInfos.xml

3) XML Error

Tag : CIVILIZATION_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is : Interface/CIV4WorldPickerInfos.xml

After passing these messages, I arrive to the main screen, can select all the settings except for the last one, the civilization I want to play, because all I have is a unique choice : random.
I selected it anyway to see what will happen and the game instantly crashes when pressing OK. I can see very rapidly a message saying something about Allocated memory. Though my PC is in accordance with pre-requisites, and I can play Vanilla Civ4 on Huge maps with no problems.

If anyone has any idea, comments, questions to search deeper and of course solutions, I'll bless him for the rest of the year.

Thanks.
Well, I installed Sevomod 3.3, and it works fine in French.
I added some changes to the mod: translation of the Mastery text, translation of the Byzantine Empire text, addition of a plunder capability for the privateers, fixing a display bug when you open the city screen (the score panel was still showing...), and it still works fine.
So I believe it has something to do with your installation. Did you put the mod in the main Civ folder, or in the alternate one (usually in "My Documents")?

Top Bottom