Sevomod: Support & Bug Reports

Oh wait, I forgot to mention that I am playing on Civ IV GOLD, Not sure if that changes anything.

Anyone know how to clear up my shiny leaderheads problem? All of my leaders have a plastic, shiny look to them. I believe there was a fix for this, I just cannot find it. Thanks!

i have beyond the sword ver 3.3
is this only for civ4 without expansions?
'cause when i start this mod it crashes and shows a message saying it has performed an ilegal operation and it must be terminated

Anyone know how to clear up my shiny leaderheads problem? All of my leaders have a plastic, shiny look to them. I believe there was a fix for this, I just cannot find it. Thanks!
From Sevo (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=188184):

(2) Leaderheads: In the default mode of this mod I have "forced" shaded leaderhead graphics, as they are generally better quality than their non-shaded counterparts. However, some graphics cards don't handle the shaders and will display "ghosts" with only eyes and/or experience poor performance. If you would like to switch over to the lower-quality but safer non-shaders, go to the /Sevomod/assets/xml/art/ directory and replace the file CIV4ArtDefines_Leaderheads.xml with Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderheads.xml.SafeGraphics

i have beyond the sword ver 3.3
is this only for civ4 without expansions?
'cause when i start this mod it crashes and shows a message saying it has performed an ilegal operation and it must be terminated
I would think so - I'm not even sure it works with 1.74 (I'm still running 1.68)

I installed the mod and the latest update but when I go to play it I can't see any of the standard menus that are on the screen. You know, the stuff along the bottom and the sides of the screen that allow you to tell your units what to do and the like. Help! However, if i press ESC the main menu still comes up where you can save and load games and the like.

Ross

Could come from a language issue... Are you playing in English or French? These two work as expected, I'm not sure for others.

I am playing in english. Everything is pretty much set at default. Should I be using the Blue Earth terrain or something. My resolution is 1280x1024. Any other ideas why i have no menus?

Ross

Could be because this MOD hasn't been updated in a good while, Sevomod was one of my faves but if your are using BtS or have had Civ patched recently i doubt this mod will work.

Hey, I tried this mod on 1.74 and ran into some trouble, not sure if it's a bug or if I'm just missing something. For one thing, on Marathon, the tech costs are somewhat lower than they are in vanilla. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to trade techs with other civilizations, even after I've discovered Alphabet (not sure if the requirement is another tech as the civilopedia entry doesn't say anything about it allowing tech trading). I'm playing a custom game, with tech trading definitely on.

Also, when I zoom in to examine the city, the game experiences a drastic slowdown.

(partisanfool was me, just so you know)

Alright, well I tried it with 1.61 (should I be patching it to 1.68?) and still ran into those problems. Namely civilizations getting compass and caravels waaaay too early, the slowdown at city screen, and other things.

I used the fix that was posted a few pages back for the slow down at city screen, which did for that. Then I fiddled with the xml files to be more to my liking, so no problems now, I think.

Yes, it should work with 1.68 (I'm still running that version, without any problems). I haven't upgraded to 1.74 'cause I find Sevomod a real nice addition to the game - vanilla civ seem dull compared to it!

Oddly enough, the main thing I cannot do without, that this mod gives me, is the ctrl click on troops to group them. No other mod for vanilla that I've tried has done it, or done it right. The extra civilizations, while many of them are nice, seem a bit excessive. Canadians, Australians? Not that I have anything against them but, come'on. I guess some would say the same of America...

Hi
I have problem when I start up game ( in CivilizationIV.ini have: mod = mods/Sevomod) I get error: "failed to load phyton module CVEventInterface".
in PhytonErr have:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
File "CvEventInterface", line 17, in ?
File "CvSevoEventManager", line 9, in ?
File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
File "CvScreensInterface", line 3, in ?
File "CvMainInterface", line 38, in ?
AttributeError
:
'CyGlobalContext' object has no attribute 'getWinamp'

ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface

of course I hold SHIFT down while I start game and I reinstal game but nothing help
I use Sovemod-3.3 with Titi's patch for Sevomod 3.3
HELP!!!!
PS. I sorry for my english

I somehow got around that and now it seems I can't load the mod. Whenever I go to load it, nothing happens. Civ 4 shuts down, but doesn't reload with the mod!?

Hi
I have problem when I start up game ( in CivilizationIV.ini have: mod = mods/Sevomod) I get error: "failed to load phyton module CVEventInterface".
Can't find module CvEventInterface
In your Civilization IV\Mods\Sevomod\Assets\python\entrypoints directory, is there any CvEventInterface.py file? Didn't you get any warning about corrupted files? (I had to download some patches several times because of my Internet connection!)

Top Bottom