SGOTM 02 - Team CFR

Yes, lets start with mysticism and walking settler (infinite turns, we HAVE TO fing a goot spot for city). And also before founding a city and after completion of first tech - lets discuss in the team.

Ptitsa Consul said:
- capital builds sequence of boats - first for fishing, next for recon...
Actually the first 3 fishing boats should be used to improve the coastal resources, and here's the reason.

Case A, there is useable land to the north. In this case we need to grow the capital as quickly as possible to pump out settlers.
Case B, there isn't any useful land. Then, the turns spent exploring are wasted as we could've been reaping the extra food and commerce.

So, counter-intuitive as it might be, our capital's development does not depend on the ability to reach the mainland. In both cases spending the workboat immediately pays off better than scouting. We only need to recon in order to prioritize Sailing if the coast is indeed reachable. But that comes at a time when the capital should be fully grown anyway.

We seem to have several opinions as to when to build the continental city.

-Settle in 6-7 turns
-Settle after Mysticism comes in
-Settle after Polytheism
-Wait till Bronze Working

I think we want to have the save & screenshot posted after the 6-7 turns, so we can discuss whether a nice enough spot has been found, (also to get a general idea what kind of a landmass we're on)

To Balbes

1. We still need to scout with a boat to determine our further strat with the capital. This is a game-winning strategy, not capital-developing. The boat will return soon and improve capital resources, but knowlege = power = m*a :) After that, we can decide whether we need fast settler and develop eastern on western part of the empire.

2. About settling, I believe 1st is a good option, others - not that good. We stil lose religion to any AI that decides to go for it, our hope is that noone will.

As for maing settling decision, that is what we have Dynamic, Obormot and akots for :D

I'm going to play my broken record one last time for each team:

First post in this thread said:
Please also subscribe to the Maintenance Thread for this game, where teams and staff may post non-spoiler information of general interest.

Anything I post there will NOT be repeated individually in every team thread. You may even find some useful information there now :p

Just trying to make up some roster.

IMHO, it might be a good idea if Obormot can start according to his plan. Lexad will not be available up to 14th and Dynamic and me will not be able to play starting from around middle of the month.

So, since others had not expressed any clear preference that I can remember, if I might suggest the order of play:

Dynamic
CB
Obormot
Psitsa
akots
Balbes
Lexad
IL2T

If there are objections to this roster, it can certainly be adjusted.

Edited: switched Dynamic and Obormot.

We'll see, depending on circumstances. IMHO, 30 turns for the first player is OK. And may be 20 for the next two players (or may be even 3 players). There is little happening on epic speed, actually, essentially nothing. But if something happens, we might want just to stop the game, upload the save, and discuss the situation here. Then, either continue with the same player or switch to another, again depending on situation and RL.

Principally, it's better for me to play first beacause I will be busy start from Thursday, but I'm free today and tomorrow.

There may be very little happening in the beginning, but decisions we are going to make at the start are very important, so I would rather play 20-10-10-... Remember, last time we finished almost two months before the deadline.

It is OK with me if I play after Dynamic.

This time we have much less calculations about our development (it's objective) so I also think we need shorter sessions.

But you are going to post a screenshot and stop for a while after some initial exploration, right? BTW, there is one more thing that we haven't discussed yet: are we going to explore with the settler and warrior together or send them in different directions to uncover more tiles? I think we should do the latter, because I think that we cannot afford to wait more then 6-7 turns before settling and animals appear only later in the game.

Too late post, Obormot - I already played. Just 10 turns, so we can make main descision later.

First 10 turns we must not meet barbs, so I try to scout in 2 directions. I think we can walk around 10 turns ang research Misticism fast. Interesting thing: Tokyo already has 1 culture point...
4000BC Warrior go East on the Hill. See Sheeps and Gems. Settler go SW-NW on the coasrline. Capital build Work Boat.Research Mysticism.
3970BC Warrior go SE on Plain Hill. See more Gems and Oasis. It looks like very good place. Settler go SW-S along coast.
3940BC Warrior met Isabella's Scout. Warrior go SE. Settler go SW-SE.
3910BC Warrior go SE, see the Hut. Settler go SE on the Hill, met second Isabella's Scout, very interesting. Now it looks like we have no vay to West and Tundra on South.
3880BC Warrior go SW on the Hut and got Mining! Settler go SE-SE.
3850BC Warrior go SE. Settler go SE-NE. I think the best place near the Gems, so go North.
3820BC Warrior go SE. Settler go NE-NW.
3790BC Warrior go SE. Settler go N-N. Tokyo borders expand, see 2 islands on north with Stone and Cow.
3760BC Warrior go NE. Settler go NW-NE.
3730BC Warrior go N. Settler go N on the spot for future city.
3700BC Mysticism discovered, decision point.
If we settle here we will get corruption around 8 but we have Oasis in radius 1 and 2 Gems in the future. Also it's Plain Hill - 2 Hummers in the centre. About next tech - I selected Poly, but it will be too long to discover... may be we need other way - let's discuss.
http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm2/CFR_SG002_BC3700_01.Civ4SavedGame

It's very strange, where is Spain? It looks like they have several Scouts for preventing us from Huts opening...

Top Bottom