SGOTM 16 - U'nu'sual S'us'pec'ts

So where is Chris going to move the warrior? :)

There are only 2 options really:

1) The hill, SW
2) The forest, NE

I vote for 1, the hill.

There are only 2 options really:

1) The hill, SW
2) The forest, NE

I vote for 1, the hill.

I would agree if this is to reveal other possible settler moves. If the only choice is SIP or 2E, I would suggest moving the warrior NE.

Let's say moving the warrior to the hill reveals nothing interesting. Do we then SIP or move to the coast?

My preferred settling options are currently either SIP or 1 SE, but hopefully we find something.

1 SE gets both visible resources, and is coastal with a minimal amount of sea squares, but it is moving away from the river, forests, and other potential goodies that are in the starting BFC.

I was initially thinking 1SE, as well. There's really not a lot of information to base the decision on at this point. I can't see anything that would favor one of the possible warrior moves over the other. Information about the north coast and south of the settler would both be helpful.

You will face 6 AI on a Hemispheres map with very little tampering by the mapmaker*
If the starting area hasn't been tampered with, then SIP will be much better than moving. Can we SIP and still build GLH (in 2nd city)?

Move Warrior NE to coastal forest - it reveals information about coast.
SE to hill wouldn't reveal any BFC tiles (for either settling location under discussion).

If the starting area hasn't been tampered with, then SIP will be much better than moving. Can we SIP and still build GLH (in 2nd city)?

Yes, this is probably correct. We will need to see something to move away from SIP.

Move Warrior NE to coastal forest - it reveals information about coast.
SE to hill wouldn't reveal any BFC tiles (for either settling location under discussion).

Moving to the hill reveals several tiles that would be in the BFC of 1SE.

The game files will be released at midnight CST on Friday, September 21. I am in Pacific Time Zone, so that will be 10:00pm my time on Friday evening. It's likely I will be busy with family. If possible, I'll download the save and move the warrior and post an image on Friday. However, it might not happen until early Saturday morning.

Here are the tiles we would probably reveal, depending on terrain.

Move NE above fish
Spoiler :

Move SW to hill
Spoiler :

I think we are very unlikely to settle to the NE, so moving the warrior NE doesn't give us much (any?) useful information, while moving to the hill gives us information for both SIP and for moving to the coast.

p.s. if people want to fog gaze before I move the warrior, I can definitely wait until sometime Saturday.

On the schedule question, I will be traveling the last 2 weeks of Oct, so depending on how quickly things move along i may need to skip.

On the warrior question, the hill seems fine.

For me, I don't require the fog gaze time, free to move the warrior at the most convenient time.

p.s. if people want to fog gaze before I move the warrior, I can definitely wait until sometime Saturday.

Move the warrior, more fog to gaze at.

I think though a serious stop up and think moment is needed after moving the warrior, I wouldn't be suprised if we took some time to plan our start in detail.

Anyone object to moving the warrior onto the hill as soon as the save file is available?

That gets an OK from me. Also see if you can gain any useful information from the game settings.

The game files will be released at midnight CST on Friday, September 21. I am in Pacific Time Zone, so that will be 10:00pm my time on Friday evening.

Actually Chris won't that be at 10 pm tonight your (our) time?

Actually Chris won't that be at 10 pm tonight your (our) time?

Yep - The starting saves are now available.

Edit: And by now available, I mean that they are actually not (although the links are there).

Anyone object to moving the warrior onto the hill as soon as the save file is available?

It'd be strange for me to object after my first post in the thread argues for it. So I say go ahead.

Top Bottom