SGOTM 17 - Maple Sporks

Yeah, uh, maybe we should rectify that... Pigswill, you still around?

Congrats on the win guys, this was a tough game. :)

checked other team play.
we won't get the wooden spoon as it is given for lowest score. but we are a good challenger for slowest team.

We had the good ideas (fort knox, teleport ideas) but in the end it seems like a central canal was the best idea ever but not for peter's land but for north japan in fact.

and choices that could have been better:
we should have killed mansa mutch sooner and have a bigger army.

some teams add the chance that england did not covered their whole territory: they gained mutch time ! well, that's also because they were faster than us but also because wawick was funded souther than in our game. how so few can change mutch...

in any case, great time working with all of you. We should recrut for next one :p

We won't be slowest, if I see correctly fifth element went to paratroopers and finished 1856.

I think we overall played a decent game, but lacked quite a bit in the (war) logistics department. We didn't really talk much at all about how and where to attack and how to optimize all that. Maybe it's just not our style, but I have the feeling we could have gained some 20 turns there at least over the course of the whole game. My little slip up teleporting didn't help but I don't think it was too consequential in the end. Churchill suddenly beelining rifles was a bit unlucky. Indeed we probably should've taken out Mansa earlier, although I think getting started on Khmer as soon as we could was a good move. Maybe we should just have been doing more things simultaneously. ;)

yeh 1856, but their last save is 1820... strange...

k, we are not last, great news :)

The SGOTM system hides the victory save, so the other teams cannot use it as a yardstick. Thus only the previous save is visible.

We will upload a save every turn at the end next time to help you people along. But as far as I can see you do not need help from us =P.

Well done!

A former Spork checking in on an impressive victory. This appeared to be a very fun map that forced you to think about unusual avenues to victory.

I miss the days where I could play Civ. I'm reduced to checking in every so often while at work. But 2 children under the age of 2 will do that to you.

Keep up the good work. I'll be following you in SGOTM18!

Good to hear from you Sturick! Hang in there, you'll get your civ time back eventually when they get a little older is my experience.

Congratulations on the game :) I wonder why you didn't follow up on Fort Knox.

We just did not think about founding a central canal :)

even if we did thought about that, it might not pass the think tank process as i'm sure we would be focus it only reach peter, not thinking of north japan.

for us, railroad was enought to move our army to peter but in reality access to north japan was critical. The proof is that founding a cith on the railway was never discussed in the team.

for us, railroad was enought to move our army to peter but in reality access to north japan was critical. The proof is that founding a cith on the railway was never discussed in the team.
Yes, I think quick access to Japan-NW was crucial in this game given Churchill's position and the necessity of teleportation.

Peoples, let me draw your attention to the fact that SGOTM18 has opened for sign-ups. The description of the game sounds rather complicated but I'm sure it can be a fun game once you get your head around the game conditions.

Before signing up I'd like to gauge general interest. TBH I'm not really sure what to do myself yet. I've been loaded with work lately which will likely continue that way until the end of the year/game. The start of my holidays coincide exactly with the start of the game (5th of August) so I won't be available the first weeks, other than through the phone. So I don't think I'll be in a position to be captaining the team.

I'm not sure about you guys, but it seemed that second half of last game most of us (myself included) suffered from time problems and/or a descrease in interest. So, well, I'd like to know about your interests and schedules and see if it's worthwile to unite the Sporks for a 9th consecutive time. Frankly, for me right now it's a toss up between signing up for the Sporks (as I do enjoy playing with you guys if/when there's enough interest and input around :)), signing up as a "free agent" (a change of team might be refreshing) or not signing up at all. I must admit the latter two options weigh slightly heavier than the first, right now.

Top Bottom